This game DOES NOT have PVP!

Proto

World pvp doesn't exist. Zone instancing all over the place, quest hubs and worlds are designed so that factions are as far apart as possible, and warzones are 2/3 huttball. No ladders or stat tracking (and I bet whatever they do put in won't be backwards compatible so everything from release-to-present won't be counted). Ilum is a broken disaster joke. Even the rewards are now super easy to get so what is the point?

Oh yea, there isn't one! /cancel

Edited by Proto

and warzones are 2/3 huttball.

Sounds like an angry Imp...

No ladders or stat tracking (and I bet whatever they do put in won't be backwards compatible so everything from release-to-present won't be counted). Ilum is a broken disaster joke. Even the rewards are now super easy to get so what is the point?

Stat tracking is meh...useless at best.

The rewards are "super-easy" to get....haha. You must have been one of the lucky bastards that got nothing but champ gear, the one you needed everytime, from their bags.....I would much rather have the current system to the RNG OMG20****INGBRACERS method of past.

Go on, cancel. We won't miss you...hell one less Imp is no sweat off my back

Edited by Calaaj

World pvp doesn't exist.
Big leap going from "game does not have PvP" (title of topic) to game does not have open grief and ganker friendly world PvP :)

I experience player vs player combat every single evening. Both in ilum and in warzones.

the game is what you and other players make of it. as far as ilum, it isnt broken. last night on my server we had a 4 hour long giant battle rep vs imp on ilum. it just started out as a few of us rep grouping and taking out imps in center then grew and grew into huge numbers on both sides. someone said they were so many people in that battle that a second ilum was spun up. it was super fun for both sides.

so the game is what you make of it.

I truly feel the OP's frustration. I feel it myself.

Every PVP patch that Bioware makes seems to make PVP worse. Now there is no true road to travel to work on your gear because each of the two paths we are given is broken.

On one path, you can do warzones. But victories are increasingly not counting and many players face large loss ratios. The only true winners seem to be the premades which make up a small percentage of the actual players (at least on my server). So those player who PUG these events tend to get more frustratated with trying to follow this road.

On the other path you have Ilum. Ilum started out as a mess and has only gotten worse. First, there was the assault swapping. There was no PVP here. Just people from each faction destroying each other's tanks so that they could get credit for the daily. Then Bioware changed that and made it so that you had to kill people to get your daily but they added a hand full of crates in the center for times when PVP was non-existent. What happened, people were getting credit for killing turrets at each other's bases and began to kill lowbie characters to get their kill credits and excessive valor. Now, Bioware broke PVP altogether. They made it so that you have to wait X amount of time before a kill counts again. This makes PVP all but impossible. If you zone in, you don't know when the last time was that the opposing players you meet were last killed. You might get credit you might not. So if you join a large OPS group and fight a large warfront with the opposing team, within a few minutes you get no additional credit for kills because everybody is on a kill timer.

Frankly, these changes leave me baffled. Their poor pvp mechanics lead to exploits so their ideas for fixes all but shut down any pvp outside of warzones.

I have a feeling that my days in this game maybe numbered.

World pvp doesn't exist. Zone instancing all over the place, quest hubs and worlds are designed so that factions are as far apart as possible, and warzones are 2/3 huttball. No ladders or stat tracking (and I bet whatever they do put in won't be backwards compatible so everything from release-to-present won't be counted). Ilum is a broken disaster joke. Even the rewards are now super easy to get so what is the point?

You rolled Imperial. Warzones are 2/3 Huttball because MOST PEOPLE ROLLED IMPERIAL!!!!

Huttball is the only WZ that allows same faction fights. What, you rather wait in a 45 minute queue?

World PVP is easy to find as Republic too.

I truly feel the OP's frustration. I feel it myself.

Every PVP patch that Bioware makes seems to make PVP worse. Now there is no true road to travel to work on your gear because each of the two paths we are given is broken.

On one path, you can do warzones. But victories are increasingly not counting and many players face large loss ratios. The only true winners seem to be the premades which make up a small percentage of the actual players (at least on my server). So those player who PUG these events tend to get more frustratated with trying to follow this road.

On the other path you have Ilum. Ilum started out as a mess and has only gotten worse. First, there was the assault swapping. There was no PVP here. Just people from each faction destroying each other's tanks so that they could get credit for the daily. Then Bioware changed that and made it so that you had to kill people to get your daily but they added a hand full of crates in the center for times when PVP was non-existent. What happened, people were getting credit for killing turrets at each other's bases and began to kill lowbie characters to get their kill credits and excessive valor. Now, Bioware broke PVP altogether. They made it so that you have to wait X amount of time before a kill counts again. This makes PVP all but impossible. If you zone in, you don't know when the last time was that the opposing players you meet were last killed. You might get credit you might not. So if you join a large OPS group and fight a large warfront with the opposing team, within a few minutes you get no additional credit for kills because everybody is on a kill timer.

Frankly, these changes leave me baffled. Their poor pvp mechanics lead to exploits so their ideas for fixes all but shut down any pvp outside of warzones.

I have a feeling that my days in this game maybe numbered.

you, like most people who complain, are not actually interested in pvp. all you care about is farming for rewards. what does it mater if a kill counts or not? if you want pvp, then just pvp. who cares if a kill counts. dont blame BW, blame yourself and all the others who only really care about farming for rewards.

goodbye...

in fact all doomsayers, negative WOW lovers and GW2 lovers please leave

tired of all the negative responses about this game.. just leave if you dont like it

stop trying to drag the rest of us down with you and this game...

nobody cares if you dislike the game.. no problem.. this is NOT the game for you...

goodbye...

leave...

Ow.... There is no spoon?

Thanks, nice to know!

Ok ... lets be real for a second

I've read a lately about the lack of open world pvp and yes I'll agree that the questing locations not overlapping enough between factions does suck, but world pvp can still exist.

A lot of threads compare open world pvp to what WoW USED TO HAVE. Here is the reality, if you liked that (remember there was no reward for it back then), then go out and make it happen here! Get a group together go to Alderaan, Tat, Hoth or Voss (that's where I encountered the most Imps) and unleash hell on a couple of imp bases.

Do you really need an invitation from Bioware to make world pvp happen!? My guild gets groups together and does this all the time, it's a ton of fun and fun is why we play the game.

I really can't comprehend why it's so hard to get this player base off the damn fleet and doing something.

goodbye...

in fact all doomsayers, negative WOW lovers and GW2 lovers please leave

tired of all the negative responses about this game.. just leave if you dont like it

stop trying to drag the rest of us down with you and this game...

nobody cares if you dislike the game.. no problem.. this is NOT the game for you...

goodbye...

leave...

Exactly. Except I don't think it's great to put GW2 lovers in there since the game isn't out yet and it's so different (and only buy the box) that people can like both (like me)...but yes, if you don't want to play, ****.

Ok ... lets be real for a second

I've read a lately about the lack of open world pvp and yes I'll agree that the questing locations not overlapping enough between factions does suck, but world pvp can still exist.

A lot of threads compare open world pvp to what WoW USED TO HAVE. Here is the reality, if you liked that (remember there was no reward for it back then), then go out and make it happen here! Get a group together go to Alderaan, Tat, Hoth or Voss (that's where I encountered the most Imps) and unleash hell on a couple of imp bases.

Do you really need an invitation from Bioware to make world pvp happen!? My guild gets groups together and does this all the time, it's a ton of fun and fun is why we play the game.

I really can't comprehend why it's so hard to get this player base off the damn fleet and doing something.

Because not everyone is on your server? My guild has tried to do that multiple times. We had 24 people go and smash Hoth, for example. The only Imps that came to fight were 10 of the worst on the server. If it works for you, then great! Problem is, it doesn't work for everybody.

Edited by nschlan

Because not everyone is on your server? My guild has tried to do that multiple times. We had 24 people go and smash Hoth, for example. The only Imps that came to fight were 10 of the worst on the server. If it works for you, then great! Problem is, it doesn't work for everybody.

Granted that is true... but how is that problem different from any other MMO or how could Bioware fix that? Everyone wants the best of all worlds and no one can deliver that.

Big leap going from "game does not have PvP" (title of topic) to game does not have open grief and ganker friendly world PvP :)

I experience player vs player combat every single evening. Both in ilum and in warzones.

this right here all too often tools think ganking lowbies is pvp and they even have a cute name for it "open world pvp" or im too bad to fight my own so i have to gank