Suggestion - Headbutt skill for scoundrels

Mangetsu

--Sorry for my poor english--

Among other discussions about scoundrel nerfs and bugs, I'm not sure if this thread will mean anything now but I'd like to start it anyway.

After hitting lvl50 on my scoundrel, I got nothing to do except for daily quests and some flashpoints. So I started lvling a sentinel alt and I have to say, I love Master Strike.

"Master Strike:

Instant

Cooldown: 30s

Range: 4 m

Performs a series of lightsaber attacks that deal 891 - 981 weapon damage over 3 seconds. Standard and weak enemies are additionally stunned for the duration of the effect. Strikes with both weapons if dual wielding." --from Torhead--

I was thinking... What if scoundrels had a channeling move like that? A move that consists of a kick (or a knee) to stomach, a punch, a headbutt and a shotgun blast?

My scoundrel is Scrapper specced and I sometimes use Flurry of Bolts (more than once if I dropped below 60 energy) while restoring energy or Quickshot to burn excess energy. If I had a channeling move with a cooldown, I could use it instead of flurry of bolts.

The channeling move doesn't necessarily have to be exactly as I described, but a headbutt would be awesome (we fight dirty anyway), though I don't know how hard it would be to make the animation for it.

What do you think?

Edited by Mangetsu

To the premise, I agree that we scoundrels are horrible at Huttball. Huttball, as a game, favors knockbacks, pulls, pushes and charges. We have none of that, so a single knockback removes us from the encounter entirely. Might as well be a 1-shot kill.

The solution isn't a channeled attack like Master Strike. The solution is some sort of mobility/gap closing tool, or anti-knockback system.

A 1-point talent that says "While Defense Screen is active, you are immune to pushes, pulls and knockbacks" would be plenty. It just needs to be low enough in some tree both scrappers and sawbones could get it.

Tbh, this was not a suggestion to fix any of the current problems (like knockbacks, gap closing) of scoundrels, but just an idea to enrich the combat; to make it more fun. Because sometimes, between flurry of bolts and quickshot, I feel something's missing. A new ability to squeeze in as we recover energy would be nice.

But thank you for your opinions.

Edited by Mangetsu

I think it's a good idea; first off, I miss a melee attack more; we have too few melee abilities to really feel like a stealth/melee class. And as the CDs are now, too often one has to use quickshot.

And lorewise, the headbutt is a really great idea :)

I don't see the point of a channeled attack for Scoundrels. We're constantly on the move...

Fix what we have (e.g., make Wounding Shot not consume Upper Hand) and give us what we need (e.g., a gap closer) and then we can see about adding cool new abilities that will be rarely used.