A quick question about "procs"

Bazeleel

I have been reading that there is a small chance that when you craft things from cyberteching you have a very small chance to proc it with a slot to add another "mod" to that said item.

I am wondering if anyone knows any helpful information on this or could explain this in more detail.

Thank you :)

Yes but what is the chance to get this proc?

The chance depends on whether your companion has a +Critical bonus for Cybertech and, possibly, on affection. The affection part I'm not 100% positive about, but it would seem so.

The chance doesn't seem that small to me. All my companions have 10K affection, none of them has a Cybertech +Critical bonus, and all of them crit augment slots regularly. I haven't kept track and my sample wouldn't be significant anyway, but while you don't get them every other craft, they aren't exceedingly rare either.

Chance to crit is something like 5-15% I haven't read about anyone doing good, extensive research on it, so the exact chance is difficult to say. People might say it is higher or lower, based on 'personal experience', but without a sufficiently large amount of testing with a big sample size it could just be RNG.