Any good MMO devices for Left handed players?

rangerlump

Thanks for the tips,

while deathadder +2 buttons does not even come close the the Naga +12 buttons, I guess I will take what I can get.

As far as the Fang, I dont think it is sold stateside (i couldnt find one in that region on SS website). I may try the merc keyboard, if I can clear an acre of desktop to the right of my PC to slide it over there and use it lefty style.

It sucks being an artistic visionary minded person sometimes =P, unlike all the mindless robot automaton righthanded folk. /sarcasm

Thanks for the tips,

while deathadder +2 buttons does not even come close the the Naga +12 buttons, I guess I will take what I can get.

As far as the Fang, I dont think it is sold stateside (i couldnt find one in that region on SS website). I may try the merc keyboard, if I can clear an acre of desktop to the right of my PC to slide it over there and use it lefty style.

It sucks being an artistic visionary minded person sometimes =P, unlike all the mindless robot automaton righthanded folk. /sarcasm

I'm ambidextrous, was likely born left handed but since I watched most people do things right handed, I just switched. Years later I found I was able to write with both hands.

There is one other option. Most left handers i know actually took the time to learn to play right handed.

My mother, for example, my best friend, another good friend of mine (though he became left handed due to extreme nerve damage done to his right hand as a child) all game right handed.

Oddly enough, the only person I know who games left handed is actually a right handed person.

Actually, its easier with a left handed person to use the mouse right handed and the keyboard with your left hand.

I am left handed and use the mouse with my right hand to move and having the # keys and w,a,s,d usable with my left hand. no problem at all with that setup

Im left handed and what you do is

Walk around with your mouse in left hand

Bind all your hotkeys to the numberpad on the right side of the keyboard

Place your hand rested in the center at 5

There you go, you have more hotkeys then a right handed person without a mmo mouse

There are still left handed people who actually use a mouse with their left?

Pffft, you're an embarrassment to us all. Man up and use your right like the rest of us, it's worth it in the long run if you're still young.

*snap crash boom*

I suppose you are sarcastic.

Anyway, OP, the sad fact is that so many people who are left handed still use the mouse right handed which gives you a very small market for left handed mice. There is "normal" mice for left hand mouse users but for the gaming industry the sold units would be too low. :(

Unfortunately the pathways in my brain are set in stone (cannot relearn). I am 41 and have been PC gaming since Wolf3D. Many Many Many years of Quake, have left my brain only knowing how to aim (and pwn) with the lefthand mouse.

forever alone?

Im left handed and what you do is

Walk around with your mouse in left hand

Bind all your hotkeys to the numberpad on the right side of the keyboard

Place your hand rested in the center at 5

There you go, you have more hotkeys then a right handed person without a mmo mouse

Umm, are you seriously suggesting the numpad has more keys then the left side of the keyboard?

It clearly doesn't.

Unfortunately the pathways in my brain are set in stone (cannot relearn). I am 41 and have been PC gaming since Wolf3D. Many Many Many years of Quake, have left my brain only knowing how to aim (and pwn) with the lefthand mouse.

forever alone?

Alright well at that age you're forgiven then :jawa_biggrin:

If you keep it stationary, at your reach from the 5, depending on your hand size. Clarity.

0 , 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 / * - +

vs

1 2 3 4 5 q w e r t a s d f g < z x c v b TAB CAPS <----add shift and ctrl on pretty much all of those

Edited by Fentz

0 , 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 / * - +

vs

1 2 3 4 5 q w e r t a s d f g < z x c v b <----add shift and ctrl on pretty much all of those

I can reach with my right hand

0 . 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 + / * - NumLock Enter up,down,left,right page up page down end home del ins ctrl shift enter | Backspace

Either way it's a good substitution if youre left handed

I can reach with my right hand

0 . 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 + / * - NumLock Enter up,down,left,right page up page down end home del ins ctrl shift enter | Backspace

Either way it's a good substitution if youre left handed

you get your finger to backspace without leaving numbad5? :& I want bigger hands :(

won't using numlock as a key **** up your binds unless you disable the toggle ability somehow?

and yeah lol, I totally missed arrows and the 6 buttons above it -.-

Edited by Fentz

I'm left handed. However, I trained myself years ago to use the mouse with my right hand. This has allowed me to utilize my more dominate hand on the keyboard and have better "muscle memory" on where my hot keys are.

Mouse is for turning. 95% of my hot keys are key bound. It took some practice but it has paid off in the end.

As a left handed player I still use a mouse with my right hand I actually use my mouse to drive my toon with autorun button on it. I also have 2 cooldowns attacked to my mouse.

as for my left hand my thumb sits on the alt key and fingures are on 1-4 for access to 10 quick keys and make that 12 if I ever convince myself to use the ~ key but... meh

QWER keys could also be rebound for extra abilities if needed.

That said my board also has a game pad on the left side of it that I've never used... some odd reason it doesn't make sence enough for me to use.

Edited by Lockyda

The big advantage I find with the Fang (or the Merc Stealth Keyboard) is the ability to rebind the keys.

Usually there is a C button near your thumb, but I switched that to CTRL.

By moving my movement keys to my 5 button mouse, this leaves a lot of keybinds.

7890-

qwert

asdfg

xvb

Then shift+ all those

ctrl+ all those

and shift+ctrl+ all those

thats 23+23+23+23= 52 keybinds without having to move my hand.

52!

You'll never have a game that requires that many keys.