Is SWTOR the biggest flop in history?

DrFlankenstein

Honest question. This game was amazing leveling my first character, and then I reached 50. This games endgame is non existent. The PVE is a joke, the one million game breaking bugs is a joke, the PVP is a joke. This game didnt even last half as long as RIFT did, and I'm willing to bet it cost 10 times more to make.

Bottom line, is this the biggest flop in the history of video games? RIFT kept me entertained for 6 months after I quit wow, this game minus leveling literally bored me to death after a month. My guild that came over from RIFT and WOW before that, is a mass exodus. I think of the 20 people I started playing this game with, only 4 or 5 remain.

Bioware should of BETA tested for 6 more months at least, and used more than 1 mill of the 150 they spent on endgame, and not 149 mill on the single player stuff.

This game would have flopped already had they not had the starwars IP.

That is literally the only thing that made money after the first month.

Because the rest is severely lacking.

But get back to that in about a year.... you can only ride the name for so long before people that were die hard fans become die hard omg im never touching a ea/bw product again type of person.

Honest question. This game was amazing leveling my first character, and then I reached 50. This games endgame is non existent. The PVE is a joke, the one million game breaking bugs is a joke, the PVP is a joke. This game didnt even last half as long as RIFT did, and I'm willing to bet it cost 10 times more to make.

Bottom line, is this the biggest flop in the history of video games? RIFT kept me entertained for 6 months after I quit wow, this game minus leveling literally bored me to death after a month. My guild that came over from RIFT and WOW before that, is a mass exodus. I think of the 20 people I started playing this game with, only 4 or 5 remain.

Bioware should of BETA tested for 6 more months at least, and used more than 1 mill of the 150 they spent on endgame, and not 149 mill on the single player stuff.

obvious troll is not so obvious ?

how is it a flop?

1.7 million subs in its first month and it may be rising

show me how you think its flopping, becuase the forums say so

If a narcissist decides they do not like something, then that thing is a failure. Arguing with logic, or disagreement of any sort, will be unproductive. Save your energy.

This game would have flopped already had they not had the starwars IP.

That is literally the only thing that made money after the first month.

Because the rest is severely lacking.

But get back to that in about a year.... you can only ride the name for so long before people that were die hard fans become die hard omg im never touching a ea/bw product again type of person.

yeah becuase games like wow have a great IP?????

recon every xpac, more loop holes in the plot than a loop hole making machine

rehashed content every patch

pokamon rips offs

kung fu panda based on an apirl fools joke in WC3

and in 3 quaters they lost 1.7 million subs.

so if a game like wow can be around for 7 years im sure that star wars will be around for along time yet.

funny how you naysayers gave the game a week to imporve when wow taken about 1 year to add the features your all seem to cry for.

if you dont like the game, unsub and play the mmo you enjoy.

Dont think you have much MMO experiance mate.

Sure I think SWToR is lacking badly in the MMO departement, but a flop? Nope. There is a lot of other MMO's out there that has a really nasty MMO out, or "flopped" quite early after release.

hahahaha *yawn*

These threads make me laugh.

Well from my point of view, i left rift at level 25 because it was so dull. Wow i played for 7 years but the last year and a half i was bored mindless.

In Swtor i have enjoyed the levelling greatly, i am currently enjoying the end game content working through it with my own guild which had 25 people online last night, yes i agree there are some bugs and yes i agree the end game content needs fleshing out a bit but that will happen in time and im getting really sick of people ************ and moaning about theres nothing to do..

********.. if you hadnt powerlevelled to 50 and took your time over the content maybe you wouldnt be so bored now...

I took my time over it as did many of my playing partners and i am enjoying this game far more than any mmo i have played since wotlk early days.

So no, its not a flop, its a young mmo which has great potential, all it needs to improve is to lose all the negative morons frequenting these forums!

biggest flop in history?

you obviously have not played alot of games, if you think a game in which you had at least some fun, like you said, is the "biggest flop in history".

exaggerating much? there are numbers between 1 and 10, you know.

Fan boys unite! I don't see how any gamer could enjoy a game as broken as this. And I mean gamer, not a star wars fan who bought this video game to play single player. I am a star wars fan, but I'm also realistic when a product I payed for is absolute garbage.

As for the 1.7 million subscribers, that may of been true on December 20th, but right now, do you really believe 1.7 million people are still paying for this garbage? If my guild and every guild on my server is any indication, that number is probably three or four times higher than what the current number is.

I really could care less, the leveling was worth my 60 bucks and the first month payment too. But is the endgame? Log on Tuesday, clear all content in 2 hours, and then what? Go pvp so I can go 1 for 50 on battlemaster bags? Win 7 warzones so I can get my 3 win daily done? Push a button in a warzone and have nothing happen? Go to Ilum and try to do a daily that takes 4 hours?

The only people I can honestly see still liking this game are casuals and altoholics, because that's the only thing this company did right with this game, the leveling.

inb4 1.7 million now

inb4 750,000 three months from now

pulling three month sub numbers out of thin air isnt constructive

i can do it to

to you wowfan boys, friday blizzard will show that they lost 2 million subs in Q4

wow - f2p in one years time

yeah becuase games like wow have a great IP?????

recon every xpac, more loop holes in the plot than a loop hole making machine

rehashed content every patch

pokamon rips offs

kung fu panda based on an apirl fools joke in WC3

and in 3 quaters they lost 1.7 million subs.

so if a game like wow can be around for 7 years im sure that star wars will be around for along time yet.

funny how you naysayers gave the game a week to imporve when wow taken about 1 year to add the features your all seem to cry for.

if you dont like the game, unsub and play the mmo you enjoy.

What are you even going on about?

I simply said if this game didn't have the SW IP it would not have been a success strictly from the stand point that its a utter diaster mmo wise.

I didn't say anything about not liking it your responded to my thread with nothing but assumptions based on how you view any post that isn't pro swtor lol.

And its because of games like WoW that have made it harder for games like swtor to survive. Because if it didn't have the IP, people would be like um *** is this....

Now had wow never existed and this game released 7 years ago, that would be a totally different and this would be a omg *** pwn mmo. But thats not the case. Times change.

But the game currently is not a flop and probably never will be... unless things just go really bad for the next year.

Edited by Barracudastr

Fan boys unite! I don't see how any gamer could enjoy a game as broken as this. And I mean gamer, not a star wars fan who bought this video game to play single player. I am a star wars fan, but I'm also realistic when a product I payed for is absolute garbage.

As for the 1.7 million subscribers, that may of been true on December 20th, but right now, do you really believe 1.7 million people are still paying for this garbage? If my guild and every guild on my server is any indication, that number is probably three or four times higher than what the current number is.

I really could care less, the leveling was worth my 60 bucks and the first month payment too. But is the endgame? Log on Tuesday, clear all content in 2 hours, and then what? Go pvp so I can go 1 for 50 on battlemaster bags? Win 7 warzones so I can get my 3 win daily done? Push a button in a warzone and have nothing happen? Go to Ilum and try to do a daily that takes 4 hours?

The only people I can honestly see still liking this game are casuals and altoholics, because that's the only thing this company did right with this game, the leveling.

isnt the endgame in rift really boring and wow like?

infact isnt rift just a shiny wow with random rifts in it

the warrior soul champion is just a carbon copy of an arms warrior, even the icons are almost the same

did rift do anything new that wow hasnt done, or was it just all cut and paste?

Dont think you have much MMO experiance mate.

Sure I think SWToR is lacking badly in the MMO departement, but a flop? Nope. There is a lot of other MMO's out there that has a really nasty MMO out, or "flopped" quite early after release.

Biggest flop in history goes to Final Fantasy 14 or AoC, both games were supposed to be the return of Jesus in MMO form but didn't even last a month.

I would gladly wager my numbers against yours.

so if you dont like the game quit and stop posting your made up numbers on the forums

im alt tabbing back to the best mmo to go and do some more warzones as endgame is far better than the rehashed wow stuff