The Coming Healer Premades

Darklyn

Hello folks, decided to throw in the towel today. Heres why.

On top of the **** expertise gear system they made three healer classes... I wonder if the developers considered random under geared players facing healer premades and whether this would be worth playing if you just got pwned by immortals 24/7.

When the battle narrator shouts so and so is immortal he aint friggen kidding on our server.

Geared healer premades, largely already here look something like this --->. An example. 2 Operatives, 2 Sages, 2 Mercs and 2 Juggernauts. This is where I see this game going, god mode premades basically. if your a random player skilled or not, you will largely spend your game time being farmed.

Seriously, enjoy it, enjoy the skill. The silk gameplay. The fast pace! o.o

/subscriptionoff

On top of the **** expertise gear system they made three healer classes... I wonder if the developers considered random under geared players facing healer premades and whether this would be worth playing if you just got pwned by immortals 24/7.

When the battle narrator shouts so and so is immortal he aint friggen kidding on our server.

Geared healer premades, largely already here look something like this --->. An example. 2 Operatives, 2 Sages, 2 Mercs and 2 Juggernauts. This is where I see this game going, god mode premades basically. if your a random player skilled or not, you will largely spend your game time being farmed.

/subscriptionoff

In my opinion if people are unsubbing this early in a game when the dev's need to see the data for themselves before making a decision then I pity you all. Patience is a virtue in life, wil you spit the dummy at every oportunity when things dont go your way as quick as you want them to.

Having said that I do agree with the OP that having premades in WZ's is definatley a problem as it cause discouragement & frustration in a game that is supposed to be fun. This is not new to Swtor I have encountered this in nearly every mmo I have played, that is my experience but the dev's need the data to act.

Edited by NoxiousAlby

I really don't understand why they can't have better queue options. Like seriously why can't we have a ranked pre-made guild system ect where guild groups of 8 can queue to face other guilds.

Why can't we have a solo queue where it only puts you with other solo players?

Why can't we pick our maps?

Why is it a game mode stolen from the FPS multiplayer games sucks in comparsion?

In my opinion if people are unsubbing this early in a game when the dev's need to see the data for themselves before making a decision then I pity you all. Patience is a virtue in life, wil you spit the dummy at every oportunity when things dont go your way as quick as you want them to.

Having said that I do agree with the OP that having premades in WZ's is definatley a problem as it cause discouragement & frustration in a game that is supposed to be fun. This is not new to Swtor I have encountered this in nearly every mmo I have played, that is my experience but the dev's need the data to act.

Yes, patience is a good quality but I am an aging gamer, paying for something I don't enjoy while hoping they fix it is something I can't be bothered with anymore. From experience time and time again in MMO's I am used to watching the devs completely misunderstand the problems posed by PvP'ers. Misunderstand the way to fix those problems and also take a long time failing at that while still leeching off my bank balance ;)

prudence is also a virtue and I doubt anyone would consider it prudent to keep paying $15.00 a month to play a game you don't like in the hopes one day you will.

edit:

Yes, patience is a good quality but I am an aging gamer, paying for something I don't enjoy while hoping they fix it is something I can't be bothered with anymore.

practically word for word lol.

Edited by areto

PvP ruins every MMO, imo. Too much crying for:

-Class balance

-Gear Balance

-Rank System

-More ways to PvP (This is justified, but still lends to more problems)

-Harder ways to get gear.

-Easier ways to get gear.

At the end of the day, this game was never focused or centralized around PvP, but all the PvPers came over to it anyways without researching first. Do your homework when you choose a game, they even had an open beta.

The lack of a complicated PvP system is a big part of the reason I chose this game, because PvP in the other games I played was becoming a joke and all the posts about it looked very similar to this one.

'Mythic PvP' is now a byword for awful PvP in the MMO community. =)

Ah well. Lots of people, myself included, posted extensively on what would happen with a trinity system MMO and general PvP balance.

Mythic seems to have really dived off the deep end even from that, with mega-Resilience, an epic valor grind, single server player pools queuing pre-mades vs. PuGs, unbalancable World zones... it's like they're actively innovating new ways to get MMO PvP to suck.

You have to laugh. We are literally being trolled by the developers. =D

This is outrageous. Premades do well? ITS FREAKING WITCHCRAFT

As they should, but if these geared premades your in are so great. Why is there no system so you can fight other great guys. I don't think you can brag about ****** under-geared random nabs? Or maybe you think its justified and in a one on one with most people, should you be reduced to nothing gear wise, you would still triumph over your peers.

That does pretty much suck. Its a shame that pvp gear makes a huge gap in players. In AoC it made a difference but an ungeared player could take a fully gear one if they were skilled enough and got the drop. For things like this is why I made an alt and I am playing in pvp sub 50. Thats where the fun is.

/subscriptionoff

So just to be clear, you're complaining about people working as a team....in an MMO.

Funny.

Why would someone play SWTOR primarily for pvp? This game is not pvp based. Go play a MOBA, most are f2p

wth else is there to do at endgame if no raids are popping? Farm dailies? Lets do the same quests over and over again. Fun...

As they should, but if these geared premades your in are so great. Why is there no system so you can fight other great guys. I don't think you can brag about ****** under-geared random nabs? Or maybe you think its justified and in a one on one with most people, should you be reduced to nothing gear wise, you would still triumph over your peers.

Maybe it is to steer players towards grouping together in their own premades? God forbid they should promote positive social behavior in MMOs.

Or maybe you think its justified and in a one on one with most people,

So, just to be clear, you think that PvP in an MMO is all about the one-on-one.

Hilarious. We've now got two more distinct species of whiner. The "there isn't enough to group for this feels like a single player" whiner, and the "why should I have to interact with other players in an mmo I should be able to solo to uber-leetness" whiner.

Edited by MikeMonger

wth else is there to do at endgame if no raids are popping? Farm dailies? Lets do the same quests over and over again. Fun...

Maybe have a nice social experience with a friendly guild? My guild only raids once a week. The other days we either do HMs (we are all geared, just have fun doing them.) Or we all have alts in the same level range so we can play together that way as well. Heck, I have fun just helping lowbies in the guild half the time.

So just to be clear, you're complaining about people working as a team....in an MMO.

Funny.

Actually I'm complaining about gear and there being too many healers. Such as Commandos / Scoundrels / Sage on REP - 3 out of four main classes options offer healers.

No problem with premades and team work if these groups **** each other and not undergeared peeps and on top of that brag and think they are superior skill wise. Etc.

Your gear carries you and I bet your vents are full of squeaky sounding elitist nerds. "Watch how I pwn this noob, hahahwaha." >> Yes in your OP heavy battlemaster armor while healing yourself and having some robed fairy spamming a heal on your ***.

Or is this fair and balanced challenging PvP for you people? I mean FFS!

PvP ruins every MMO, imo. Too much crying for:

-Class balance

-Gear Balance

-Rank System

-More ways to PvP (This is justified, but still lends to more problems)

-Harder ways to get gear.

-Easier ways to get gear.

I agree to an extent.

I would want a mmo with pve elements and the only pvp would be open world random event pvp. No specific zones for it just open world.

PvP is just as big of a seller as PvE stuff now. Game companies want big piece of the pie and if they only focused on one element ...well they could stunt profits.

Also I can only assume PvE content is more time consuming and expensive to create compared to PvP.

prudence is also a virtue and I doubt anyone would consider it prudent to keep paying $15.00 a month to play a game you don't like in the hopes one day you will.

If you dislike the entire game then yes I agree ... if you like a lot of it but have strong opinions on certain aspects it would be foolish not prudent to quit without trying to help resolve those issues. Although a couple of months off waiting to see what happens may be in order if you cant find any enjoyment in other aspects.