Leveling as Lethality spec.. viable ?

Kapone

just turned 10 , need to chose a spec for pvp/pve .. was wondering how's Lethality as a leveling spec ?

Or should i just pick another spec to lvl , mostly going to pvp , not a big fan of healing

thx for the advice

*shrugs* I put my first 3 points into the cunning bonus, then used whatever skills would up the dps on poison dot and shiv.

The 'operatives use this skill' aren't available until the 35-40 range ergo you shouldn't build your leveling tree based on that skill you don't have.

Though, you can buff up specific attacks quite nicely during the lowbie phase.

*shrugs* I put my first 3 points into the cunning bonus, then used whatever skills would up the dps on poison dot and shiv.

The 'operatives use this skill' aren't available until the 35-40 range ergo you shouldn't build your leveling tree based on that skill you don't have.

Though, you can buff up specific attacks quite nicely during the lowbie phase.

You really shouldn't put any points into increased cunning till level 50.

Depends on how you wish to scale your dps, and what you have for gear. Agreeably, 200-300 cunning isn't particularly noticable with a 9% boost.

But then again, I went armormech so I had some nice purples for leveling.

Edited by Taliknor

Depends on how you wish to scale your dps, and what you have for gear. Agreeably, 200-300 cunning isn't particularly noticable with a 9% boost.

But then again, I went armormech so I had some nice purples for leveling.

Even as an Armormech it really doesn't benefit you until you have like 500+ Cunning. It is a pretty big waste of points that could be used on talents that give quite noticable results and skills while leveling.

I'll tell you this from my own experience.

Concealment is good for leveling until around level 30, then it's almost like you are playing at hard difficulty comparing to normal, but as long as you use you healer companion ( not gonna spoil his name for you ), CC one mob and all that you should be fine. This is the way I level so you might like it differently, but Kaliyo isn't that good at level 30+.

PvP as concealment is awesome imo, everyone is whining about it but I still own people in 1v1 most of the time if I concentrate and play seriously.

Honestly, I didn't try Lethality, even though I play to. I will get back to you if you want after I try it since I can give you a good comparison at level 40.

Healing specc for leveling just isn't my style, but you can pretty much solo alot of heroics and die pretty hard if you concentrate.

Alternitavely you can go a hybrid class with conceal/healing which is pretty good, but do that at later levels.

From 10 to 30 I'd stick with laceration, then switch to a hybrid if possible or when you get Vector, lethality in the early levels is actually PAINFUL. Once you get Vector, he can do the dps for you while you can heal him and do offhand damage with dart and grenades, that's what I've been doing once I switched to lethality from a hybrid med/conceal. I slotted Vector with as much defense as I can get and the rest for power/surge, he shreds things up.

While we're on the topic of lethality, could someone post me the 11/0/30 spec?

Haven't seen one of those, I'm working towards a 22/8/11 or 25/3/13, for the past week I was 10/3/28ish and cull is amazing once you setup the dots.

Edited by Sookster

While we're on the topic of lethality, could someone post me the 11/0/30 spec?

I don't see a good reason to get to 30 honestly (devouring microbes is subpar especially if you compare it to other classes).

I know about a 11/3/27 build though which should look like this : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401rs0MzZhZhrbkrrhd0M.1

Personaly, I leveled up in lethality since level 26. It is definitely harder until you get both cull and incisive action. By the way, get incisive action early (I mean asap) because you will have to heal Kaliyo since you don't have the burst to munch through silver mobs.