45 Minute Queue - Really!?

amerrigan

I just dont understand how they messed up. I mean they knew how many people they were adding every day. How did they not make enough servers for the ammount of people they are adding. It just doesnt make any sense. They better start working there asses off on servers cuz they are going to really understimate how many people will buy this game and servers will be packed. I know it.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you would be a bit upset like me as well waiting in line for 45 mins to get on a server that was "light" yesterday and spent 13 hours on my chars for. I am mostly angry at the fact that every single server says "heavy" and has a wait time. So much for "early access for pre-orders" , just got home from work and only have a couple hours to play, and half that time is spent in a que

LOL same idiots that complained of no early access NOW complaining of que times, YA JUST CANT MAKE THIS STUFF UP FOLKS!!! :D

i'm sure theyre complaining because they couldn't get in to access then when they do get in they cant even play because of ques... seems reasonable to me.

and this problem will get worse as it gets closer to release.

LOL same idiots that complained of no early access NOW complaining of que times, YA JUST CANT MAKE THIS STUFF UP FOLKS!!! :D

really? thats the best reply you have? 2 separate issues. The early access via waves was a good idea. Que's? not. I get filling up servers but i dont see one not marked under very heavy. Full is inexcusable .

I shouldnt have to wait, 20 mins to play.

/rant off

The guy says this

"Hello again all -

We're finished with invite waves for today. The servers are filling up, player populations are growing, and we're monitoring the influx of players carefully. More servers will be opened up as we need them."

I don't know what they're monitoring but the east coast definitely needs more rp-pvp servers for sure.

The guy says this

"Hello again all -

We're finished with invite waves for today. The servers are filling up, player populations are growing, and we're monitoring the influx of players carefully. More servers will be opened up as we need them."

I don't know what they're monitoring but the east coast definitely needs more rp-pvp servers for sure.

yes that they do, i really hope when they add them they let people switch servers so help with over population...

Hi. I and my guildmates got placed on the most crowded server known to man.

The same thing happened to my friends and I. Our guild was placed on the Fatman server which I came home to find myself starting out at 845 place in line with an expected wait of over an hour.

I work for approximately 12 hours a day with only a limited window of play time when I get home. This situation is very disappointing.

Wow, I wish my wait time was only 45 mins. I'd be playing right now if it was. In fact, I would have been playing about 15 - 20 mins ago. My "<50 mins wait time" is now over an hour and counting. So much for balancing the load--I see lots of standard load servers in the list.

I wouldn't be too upset if this was on launch day, but this is a pre-release... not even the full population is in, i can't imagine the ques during full release..

im also upset that i chose a low population server at the time and now its the fullest one with an hour que.. completely not my fault.

I just tried to get on and my Server has a 50 minute wait and it's one of the RP-PvP servers. They really need to open up a ton of new servers, because if it's this full just for head start, then Day 1 is going to be a disaster.

Well, back to STO. :(

So Bioware's solution is to play on a different server... I'd love to if every damn PvE server wasn't FULL. I'm not going to be forced onto a PvP server. PvP servers for me only work if its actual world pvp and not just ganking, which BG's take out of every game.

Bioware needs to address this pronto by launch. Right now, they have all the leeway from me, especially since this is a very nice gesture from Bioware to let us play early. Once next Tuesday hits though, if servers are making me wait 45 mins now, this is going to be a nightmare. I wonder, with the servers instanced to hell and back, how many people are they letting onto 1 server?

The ridiculous solution? I'll be buying a copy of PC Anywhere, and logging in from work an hour before i leave!

Please just make some change where you remember an IP or something.. I bluescreened with only a few mins to go on a 40 min queue and now i'm back in the q with 50+ mins to go /sigh

for the folks saying change servers: That is not an option for all. I have 2 allied guilds on this server because of the system they put in place to deal with guilds.

Agreed! There is only ONE east coast RP-PvP server, and the queue time during peak is over an hour.

I really hope that they are going to opening up some new servers tomorrow. This game needs them now, and they're not even done letting all the early access people in yet!

For those of you who haven't gotten in yet, this thread is not intended to rub it in. Just think though, when you finally DO get in, you want to wait hours just to log in to play or do you want the servers populated correctly so there's little or no wait time DURING PEAK?

If there are not queues on a server during prime time for pre-launch and launch week, then there will be server merges within 3 months. Seriously. 75% of the people on the servers now will no longer be playing by February, so unless they have some magical way to make the servers handle 4X as many people temporarily, then queues are inevitable.

So Bioware's solution is to play on a different server... I'd love to if every damn PvE server wasn't FULL. I'm not going to be forced onto a PvP server. PvP servers for me only work if its actual world pvp and not just ganking, which BG's take out of every game.

Not only that, but what's the point of early start if you just have to start all over because the servers are too full, kind of sucks. More servers please including 1 or some RP-PVP?