Increase Rep population by improving armor graphics

Cerdo_hormiguero

Empire has a much larger population than Republic.

To attract more players to the Republic, the devs should prioritize improving the graphics of the Republic's armor.

It makes sense to help even out faction populations by "buffing" the underpopulated faction in a purely aesthetic way that doesn't affect actual gameplay and faction strength.

Still wouldn't switch...unless my friends did.

Believe me, I want to play Republic but my friends are all imps and I want to play with my friends (plus the warrior storyline was pretty BA)

I've found awesome Trooper and Smuggler gear, but I'm so far stumped on cool Knight gear. There's SOME cool Consular gear, but not nearly as abundant as the non-Forcies. Jedi just need a makeover.

Moddables are your friend, my Sentinel goes round in a smuggler's coat and just looks so stylish :)

It's too late.

Bioware asked for this HUGE problem the second they decided to remove a LARGE chunk of the armor right before release...and still no one knows why.

Of course, there is also the argument that this is some of the worst looking armor I have ever seen in an MMO, talk about bad design. And the armor that looks good, is low level stuff. Why the hell does the low level stuff look way better than high level?

This game is so messed up it is shameful once you get past the sugar coat.

It's too late.

Bioware asked for this HUGE problem the second they decided to remove a LARGE chunk of the armor right before release...and still no one knows why.

Of course, there is also the argument that this is some of the worst looking armor I have ever seen in an MMO, talk about bad design. And the armor that looks good, is low level stuff. Why the hell does the low level stuff look way better than high level?

This game is so messed up it is shameful once you get past the sugar coat.

http://thefanaticalswordsman.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/gunslinger-screenshot-002-e1323642161162.jpg

Best. Armor. EVER!

Still wouldn't switch...unless my friends did.

Believe me, I want to play Republic but my friends are all imps and I want to play with my friends (plus the warrior storyline was pretty BA)

Yeah, My RL friends ALL play the Empire. They just like being evil as a Sith, or being freewheeling Bounty hunters or Imperial agents. Republic they barely even gave a chance. Had nothing to do with the armor in this particular case. I spend most of my time on Republic and it's like pulling teeth getting them to come over to it.

BioWare I think will have to come up with some very good story draws to make it appealing to people like my friends.

Yeah, My RL friends ALL play the Empire. They just like being evil as a Sith, or being freewheeling Bounty hunters or Imperial agents. Republic they barely even gave a chance. Had nothing to do with the armor in this particular case. I spend most of my time on Republic and it's like pulling teeth getting them to come over to it.

BioWare I think will have to come up with some very good story draws to make it appealing to people like my friends.

Tell them that playing evil on the republic side is more fun! NPCs expect a Sith to be evil, but the republic, on the other hand.... some fun stuff can happen :)

To be fair all the top gear in the game looks like **** so I doubt it. Empire just has better class quests and the Fleet on Republic side has Emprie reflections all over the place. Clearly Bioware is trying to send the Pubs a message.

The problem with them sending this message is the game turns into a one faction game, which is almost already is. After awhile, it's no fun for either faction.

To attract more players to the Republic, the devs should prioritize improving the graphics of the Republic's armor.

It makes sense to help even out faction populations by "buffing" the underpopulated faction in a purely aesthetic way that doesn't affect actual gameplay and faction strength.

I honestly fail to see the problem with the current Republic gear. It's not boring, it's accurate. The Jedi Consulars have very interesting dresses and such, but people complain about looking too fancy-pants. Yet, it looks fine and fits the class. The Trooper armor looks fine, the Smuggler armor looks fine, and the Jedi Knight armor is pretty good too. I just don't see the problem. I'd rather not have spikes and flames and gigantic shoulders for my light-side gear, thank you.

I honestly fail to see the problem with the current Republic gear. It's not boring, it's accurate. The Jedi Consulars have very interesting dresses and such, but people complain about looking too fancy-pants. Yet, it looks fine and fits the class. The Trooper armor looks fine, the Smuggler armor looks fine, and the Jedi Knight armor is pretty good too. I just don't see the problem. I'd rather not have spikes and flames and gigantic shoulders for my light-side gear, thank you.

Lots of players think this because they haven't seen the level 50 gear. As an example, Smugglers look like smugglers till about level 30, then anything but mod-able armor has capes on it. After level 45ish it's all long fur-lined jackets. Finally at level 50, it's Cad Bane, who I will remind you is a Bounty Hunter. They tried to make the armor fit the storyline to much based on the area you are questing in, and it doesn't fit, if you don't use mod-able that is. And of course once you hit 50 and start collecting end game gear, you can't mod it. Don't get my wrong not all of it looks terrible, but I think there wasn't enough thought put into it. Think about it, you have mod-able gear through level 49 and once you hit 50 that whole system is done? Why even have it then?

I could give a crap how good the Rep armor looks, I still wouldn't play on that side. Why? The story lines are not nearly as good as the Imp stories.

Moreover, it's just more fun in a 'game' to be that jerk you can't really be in real life but would love the chance to be if you could sometimes.

Definitely. The armor style was largely a part of why I rolled Empire initially. Imperial Agent armor styles vs Smuggler? Yeah, Smuggler doesn't stand a chance. On top of that, give IAs knives and rifles, and they are so much more appealing by flavor alone.

Much more appealing to you maybe.

Ontop of looking like a galactic cowboy, smugglers get the quickdraw pistoleer, bomb using sabateur, and dirty fighting action as well.

You can have your knives and rifles and call it flavor. I'll unregretfully go with a galactic gangster.

I could give a crap how good the Rep armor looks, I still wouldn't play on that side. Why? The story lines are not nearly as good as the Imp stories.

Moreover, it's just more fun in a 'game' to be that jerk you can't really be in real life but would love the chance to be if you could sometimes.

Which story lines on the republic side did you play all the way through that you found not so good?

Why would you aspire to be a jerk in real life?

All armor could look better Imp and Rep.

But you are asking them to put armor on the Rep that is against George Lucas's Star Wars. They did all the armor correct just Imp has always been more interesting.

Reason not George Lucas is this game and others like it came from his vision. TOR is basing armor on this. I have a feeling he had approve all the looks.

Edited by Romiz

For me this is the biggest issue I have with the game.

There is a big lack of variety in armor models, I am just so tired of seeing the same armors over and over with only a retexture. At least Consulars don't have the problem with all their robes like the Jedi Knight has, the big victorian style bustle that seems to be present on all robes that has a belt over it. But then again who on earth has a belt over their robe, it makes no sense.

Also I beg Bioware to give the Jedi Knight some of those fancy robes with the hood down that is all over their false trailers and screenshots of the game. There is almost no armors for the Jedi Knight with the hood down and it is driving me crazy. I really don't care about gear I get on flashpoints anymore because I know it will just look like all the hooded robes Jedi Knight got. How on earth they could think Jedi Knight players would not be pissed about this issue. There has been a post on the Jedi Knight forum about this issue for a long time without any response from Bioware.