Pyro Powertechs OP?

DarthFryze

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering what the pvp community thinks of PT Pyros. My guildie, who has all pvp gear (mix of centurion and champion, mostly champion) said he got wrecked before he could even really do anything to the PT. Granted, he plays a sniper, but hes a beast of a pvper, having gladiator for several seasons on several toons in wow.

As a powertech player a large majority of snipers eat me for breakfast. it's all about positioning, our closing skill also doesn't work when you're in cover. Sounds like your friend just needs to near his class a bit better, they have a ton of tools at their disposal while the powertech abrely gets any.

Yep. Been saying this for a month now. Clearly just WAY over the top... the FOTM will come eventually

It can't be FOTM when its the only viable DPS tree for PT.

Advance Prototype is garbage. Shield Tech will actually do more effective damage than AP, and its the tank tree.

Edited by Kromzor

Just wondering what the pvp community thinks of PT Pyros. My guildie, who has all pvp gear (mix of centurion and champion, mostly champion) said he got wrecked before he could even really do anything to the PT. Granted, he plays a sniper, but hes a beast of a pvper, having gladiator for several seasons on several toons in wow.

Well f u ck your wow friend ;] I play PT pyro since beta. PT can hit hard if hes lucky on crits and rail shot 30% refresh chance. Before you start nonsense thread like this do research how pyro works and then start making weird forums.

I can imagine the conversation you had with your idiot guildie very clearly:hey man the powertech is OP... Yes it is OP because i met one and i cannot do **** against them... Yes they are OP... Yes they are OP... Lets ask on the forum what does the community think of it.

Whhhh please what does the pvp community think of <insert class> because my guildie has mix of centurion and champ gear and the class ***** him, but he is *********** 14x gladiator in other ****** game that doesn't correspond with this game at all. I am just curious because i am bored and I wll talk about bullshait that is not constructive and flood forums with stupid walls of text.

If they reduce the damage of Pyrotech/Assault, then I'd expect they would give Powertechs/Vanguards more survival options. 25% less damage = Crap. Kolto Overload = Crap. Gap Closer that rarely works properly. No CC at all, just two small stuns on a long CD. No escape mechanics. Low survival in a team setting.

Plus a Pyrotech doesn't even do that much burst since 1.1 consumable changes. And whomever said TD hits harder then Rail Shot? Would love to see proof of this since TD is mitigated by armor. And don't post a video of a fresh 50 vs a 12%+ Expertise Powertech/Vanguard with mixed in Rakata gear, you'll be laughed at.

PTs have high burst, bad sustain, and bad survivability. Every 2-3 minutes you can pretty much call a kill but the rest is pure dice rolling. They also don't kill tanks very well because TD is mitigated by armor and RS is mitigated by defense/shielding. Spamming FB is the best way to kill tanks but racks up heat extremely fast.

They also run out of steam extremely easily in group fights with 2 or more healers because you usually won't just blow somebody up without using vent heat and then you have to use tons of rapid shots.

Definitely not overpowered. They can lose to just about any well-played class and they can beat any well played class. A lot of it can be RS reset dice rolls also.

One tip I'll give you about beating PT pyros: Look for the buff animations (poking their leg, looking at their wrist thing, and/or the trinket animations) and then pop a defensive cd asap when you get a flashing red bomb on you. The burst will happen 2 GCDs after that red bomb so you can negate a lot of TD+RS by using defensive cds smartly.

Na, doing 800k damage with 50k protection in a wz is fine. DONT NERF MY TWINK :DDD

Love 3x 6k railshots in a row:D

Someones full of it. In my Gear 11% Expertise+ Rakata 4 set, most I've ever done on someone was 5004 Crit Rail Shot, and the game showed my highest was 4557 at the score screen for some reason...

Try again troll. You're like the masses who say a Commando/Merc can spam 5k Tracer/Grav rounds when it's just not possible.

Na, doing 800k damage with 50k protection in a wz is fine. DONT NERF MY TWINK :DDD

Love 3x 6k railshots in a row:D

Full cahmp some battlemaster and i did like 1x 5K crit on railshot on some lvl 20 player, please take your **** and go somewhere else. Average railshot is 1600 damage, crit can do 2700 or 3000 roughly. If pop trinkets for crit and surge it CAN crit hard like 4Kish.

Highest thermal detonator crit I ever had was 2700 ish, I don't know where do you get the weird numbers. You can do 300 K ish dps in warzone at max on good played powertech IF you are lucky on idiots who stack up for Death from above otherwise its always 220K ish no more.

If you wana play huttball properly you don't even aim to score max dps.

Edited by Ruzena

Here, let me introduce you to flame burst and rocket punch, wich reset an ability that with decent gear has like 45/50% Crit chance , wich ignores 90% of the target armor...

... and still hits for crap damage :D

It may as well ignore 120% of enemy armor, it still crits for like 3.5k in a good day... surely makes any half decent BM shake in his booties.

Pure Pyros are squishy and Parakeets do half damage at best, Parakeets are almost 100% tanks however and the damage is really good considering that, so if someone totally has to QQ about Powertechs, then QQ about 21/2/18 ones.

snipers really can't kill anything 1v1, not that pvp achievements in WoW are anything to go by in terms of assessing a players pvp skills.

I decimated a sentinel. On many occasions. The snipers you play (Not like you play that many - I see once in like 10 games) must just be bad. And that was before I decided to check out the PvP vendor and boost my cunning and end. by like 50 or 100.

As a powertech player a large majority of snipers eat me for breakfast. it's all about positioning, our closing skill also doesn't work when you're in cover. Sounds like your friend just needs to near his class a bit better, they have a ton of tools at their disposal while the powertech abrely gets any.

Maybe against a target in cover, but let me tell you - Powertechs have some of the best utility in the game Spammable Aoe (Stealth Detect), Pull, Charge, Lots and lots of damage, and they're medal farmers since you don't have to spec tank, you just have to guard the focus fire'd dude and taunt the guy about to fire Mortar Volley/AoE taunt when they zerg the door in their futile attempts to disarm the mine. Then you get like 6 medals right before you die. 6 tank medals vs. 1 death = good IMO. Not to mention the 5 damage medals any crap damage can pull.

Full cahmp some battlemaster and i did like 1x 5K crit on railshot on some lvl 20 player, please take your **** and go somewhere else. Average railshot is 1600 damage, crit can do 2700 or 3000 roughly. If pop trinkets for crit and surge it CAN crit hard like 4Kish.

Highest thermal detonator crit I ever had was 2700 ish, I don't know where do you get the weird numbers. You can do 300 K ish dps in warzone at max on good played powertech IF you are lucky on idiots who stack up for Death from above otherwise its always 220K ish no more.

If you wana play huttball properly you don't even aim to score max dps.

Try remodding for surge/power, put up surge pot+ expertise buffs, you hit 6k on ppl with low gear, fairly easy. Otherwise it is around 3,5-5k.

You do 300k+ normaly in a wz, you can only reach stats like 600k+ damage if the enemy team have tons of healers.

Some ppl need to logic.

Try remodding for surge/power, put up surge pot+ expertise buffs, you hit 6k on ppl with low gear, fairly easy. Otherwise it is around 3,5-5k.

You do 300k+ normaly in a wz, you can only reach stats like 600k+ damage if the enemy team have tons of healers.

Some ppl need to logic.

I could maybe see 6k with bloodthirst on but I've only ever seen a 5.2k with exp pot+power adrenal and BT. Have 352 power before adrenal, 1400 aim, and 84.5% surge. Might be able to hit 6k once I get 4 piece pve and reslot it along with power BM weapon rather than crit champ though. What is your gear setup?

Either way 800k (and 6k crits) is super rare and more a function of lots of heals+aoe than anything pyro specific. But ya 300k-500k is pretty common depending on warzone.

Some ppl need to logic.

I'd love to see a screenshot of a 6k top hit from the scoreboard. I'm using Advanced Adept Enhancement 25, 24 End/37 Power/ 51 Surge Enhancements, and the most I can land is 5k everything popped.

Edited by Dekai

Maybe against a target in cover, but let me tell you - Powertechs have some of the best utility in the game Spammable Aoe (Stealth Detect), Pull, Charge

Wow....

Let's see, Stealth Detect is typically a 20 second cooldown, 15 if you go into assault/pyro tree.

And Charge is deep within the Shield trees. I guess I'll give you the pull thing but meh.

We've got great situational utility but I don't see how vanguards/pyrotechs are OP compared to some of the burst I've seen other classes pull off. Assault/Pyro's definitely our heaviest hitting tree, with a reset on HiB. I could see the damage getting out of hand with back to back procs. Still, theres other classes higher on the totem pole.