Heavy armor and DPS

Aramand

Full tank guardians/jugs can not do 4600 Force bombs.

You are either a Guardian/Jug with damage or a Guardian/Jug with Extreme defenses. Not both.

But honestly this thread to me just sounds like a sorc crying because he doesnt have an advantage in close combat against a tank (duh of course you dont).

I don't think Sorcs ever have the right to whine about balance when you regularly see Sorcs putting up 300+K damage AND 300+K healing in matches.

If you die more than twice in a WZ as a Sorc, you're either REALLY unlucky or suck at your class. Learn to play it or reroll.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Sorcs ever have the right to whine about balance when you regularly see Sorcs putting up 300+K damage AND 300+K healing in matches.

If you die more than twice in a WZ as a Sorc, you're either REALLY unlucky or suck at your class. Learn to play it or reroll.

Exactly, I wish my class had a bubble to throw on that stunned people when its broken along with a knock back that roots you in place combined with insane DPS.

Sh*t id trade force bombs for that any day

i don't understand how squishy operatives, who had to stealth, sneak, get behind target, drop a buff, trinket, pot, then backstab a target for 5k crit got nerfed to a point where they can barely break 2k.

but bw leave heavy armor wearers to have aoe's that crit for 4-5k

i guess that's why they call them failware

because that 5k crit takes time and buildup through several abilities, its not an insta 5k button it takes at least 6 or 9 seconds into combat to be unleashed, it often misses when knocked back, etc etc. IT IS NO possible to use the aoe with 5k crits as opener. the basic attack deals 1k tops and needs buffing through incombat activities

It seems there is no penalty damage wise for wearing heavy armor in this game so you will see commando / vanguard or juggs do as much damage as a gunslinger or an assassin who wear medium and even light armor.

This, of course, needs to be adressed.

Heavy armour is really not that great. You guys need to read up your facts. It mitigates next to nothing unless combined w/ a shield.

For PTs if you want that kind of damage protection you have to change around your whole spec-tree (obviously) and you lose a TON of damage.

I roll DPS pyrotech and by Ops, Gunslingers and Sages I usually get crit'd for between 3.5-4.5K per hit ... my rail shot crits are 3.2-4K and I've stacked surge and crit rating.

Heavy armour sans shield is heavy in name only.

A marauder has more defensive abilities than a dps specced Jugg. In fact, they are better and can escape a lot easier. Sure, a Jugg can spec for tanking, but then he isn't doing anywhere close to the same damage.

Exactly. 'Pure' tank classes are underwhelming in PvP.

Mara has an ability that mitigates ALL damage by 99% for a brief period (if takes away half their current health but if it's below 10% when you activate then what does it matter?) AND can have 4s invisibility and the arguably the best burst and sustained damage in a capable users hands.

• 2 months later...

Whoever started this Post has it completely correct.

I am in full battle-master gear and was getting hit for 4.8k by a Jedi guardian today, as a ranged its impossible to keep away from tanks they have just as many closers as we have openers. and in war zones you simply cant CC cause it always gets broken by someone else. TO hit that hard as a tank with heavy armor is frankly ridiculous