Lets address the black sheep BW is ignoring.

settix

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Easyfix :

Makes Adrenals like a buffs that gives and wearer a castable skill. So 1 Adrenal will be like an stim. After it wears of - the skill disappears.

Pros: No one will moan about hight costs becasue one Adrenal works for 2 hours ( I mean blue ones)

Contra: You have to reajust you Quickslot after each aply of adrenal ( i.e. every 2 hours)

Huge pro for Biochem : they can keep their endless reusable items.

Stacking adrenals with relics & pvp consumables is currently overpowered in pvp.

What do adrenals stack with?

Share a cooldown with the Expertise comm purchased item.

Overwrite the Expertise buff you find on the ground...

/confused?

1. increase the timer on reusables - say 2.5 - 3 mins - put them on their own timer

2. can do the same for rakata packs - can make them tradeable but add a benefit to them say like a 10 percent reduction in reuse time like 2 percent per 100 bio skill

for the HOT packs, buff the hot healing by say 10-15 percent, slight increase in reuse time- same timer as 1 and 2 but different from pvp medpacks, tradeable but a 48hour expiriation

decrease the reg med packs that are crafted by say 10-15 percent and dont put them on same timer as reusable.

essentially:

1. mob dropped packs are meh

2. crafted green packs are about 10-15 percent better (maybe 20 percent)

3. HOT packs heal the same as crafted, but also provide the HOT component( tradeable but expire after say 48 hours, make bio skill add time like the reuse timer reduction )

4. reusable maybe 10 percent above crafted, but higher timer, as noted above, can also make them expire but maybe expire after 96 hours, also affected by bio skill timer as the HOT packs

5. rakata 10-15 percent better then reusable but also keep the 15 percent boost in hp pool

perhaps expire after 7 days

6. exo packs 10-15 percent above rakata, add HOT, and hp pool bost (admittingly im not sure of its current stats) - non tradeable, but also non expiring - perk for biochemists

Yes, make everyone be able to use them.. then what's the point?

You're just the guy that does the job and everyone else is a parasite.

Solution for everything:

BUFF THE OTHER CREW SKILLS!

It's not that Biochem i OP, The other crew skills are so bad I cry everytime I see them. Make crew skill weapons/armor on par with rakata or better, Allow cybertech to craft even better grenades..

There will be much crap to choose from so Biochem won't be as popular since it won't be the only worthwhile crew skill. You are just gonna make BW destroy the crew skill system even more, Instead of blaming things for being better, Cry about your things being bad..

Yes, make everyone be able to use them.. then what's the point?

You're just the guy that does the job and everyone else is a parasite.

Solution for everything:

BUFF THE OTHER CREW SKILLS!

It's not that Biochem i OP, The other crew skills are so bad I cry everytime I see them. Make crew skill weapons/armor on par with rakata or better, Allow cybertech to craft even better grenades..

There will be much crap to choose from so Biochem won't be as popular since it won't be the only worthwhile crew skill. You are just gonna make BW destroy the crew skill system even more, Instead of blaming things for being better, Cry about your things being bad..

i actaully agree with your buff other skills idea, bio is very useful, they should increase other crafts to bring them up.

Crafted gear should just about be equal to good raid gear.

also

they might want to reevaluate the current system, change the items a bit, so one person can not take 3 skills and be able to fully craft stuff, or at least not be able to craft higher end items without help from someone with another skill.

biochems at say 300 and up need maybe a special container made by a cybertech.

Basically a container needed by a bio, needs a cybertech help, who in turn needs an artificier for a special crystal matrix.

high end grenades need bio help for an organic component...

the current system lacks any real feel to the higher end, no "wow i accomplished something" feel.. its too easy and fast to level crew skills.

Stacking adrenals with relics & pvp consumables is currently overpowered in pvp.

Nope.

Expertise Adrenal, purchasable for 10 Merc or Warzone comms each, does not stack with any adrenal. It is strictly better for PVP because it provides a flat 15% increase both to damage/healing done and damage reduction.

The way it worked before 1.1 was cause for concern in terms of biochem being overpowered in PVP. However, this is no longer the case. Buy the Expertise adrenals, love them, don't sweat it if you aren't biochem quite as much in pvp.

-TcJ

Amormech and synth already make BIS belts and bracers. They are rakata with augment slots.

You cannot have a craft that makes armor comparable to raid level because then raiding will be moot. It wont drop anything needed and everyone would already be geared before going into the raid itself... making the raid even easier mode then it already is.

Just let the raid bosses drop reusable adrenals that anyone can use. Then leave biochem alone, bam fixed to be as worthless as every other profession in game. Also the belt and bracer for armormech and synthweaving can be made then profession dropped. Or you could just get an orange bracer and belt and drop some raid mods in it. Edited by Phasend

I really do want to go with a different crew skill, but I feel like if i do I am limiting myself in pvp far too much.

If it's going to limit you and you feel like biochem is the better choice for you since you PvP so often, I don't really see the problem with keeping biochem. Are you saying you just want the reusables available to everyone so you can have another trade skill, but still get the reusables from biochem?

The really cool stuff you can craft with biochem take a lot of time

and money to make.

The thing is...what can the other professions craft and offer to a

full PvP geared player that has biochem.I could craft and sell

prototype or even reusable stims but basically I don't bother

'cause it takes a lot of time to craft em and there is nothing to do

with he money I'll earn(well...I could buy a 1,5 million worth of

speeder and look at how odd it's textures combine with my

armor animation...)

I've bought some space ship mods and some mods and armor and sold some

prototype and reusable stims and heal packs(at ridiculously low prices) but as soon as I got to rank 50 and got PvP gear there was simply no need for buying mods or hilts or any kind of improvements since PvP gear is the best you can get and it's armor mod cannot be removed.

And PvP weapons don't even have the option to be modded.

if you use pve adrenals in pvp then you are seriously nerfing yourself.

1 pvp match nets 100 commendations which nets 10 pvp adrenals...or 5 adrenals and 5 pvp medkits.

This is more than enough.

nerfing pve adrenal use does nothing to help your pvp.

rakata should be better...and it should be reusable.

this is the end of the story, or biochem is worthless.

money is no reason to choose biochem because currently money is easy to obtain and worthless.

make the other skills better than they are...dont make biochem useless as the rest of them.

They don't want to nerf all the others to be stronger because... Biochem is OP everyone knows that so to make all crew skills OP makes no sense lol >> :confused::p

Some do need maybe a bit more improvement, but biochem does need to be brought down and to say you should make all crew skills OP is just lazy and dumb as it not hard to max them and get anything outa them of what they are intended.

So if anything crew skill shsould be made harder and biochem should be weakened as they are tryin to do. :cool:

And not requiring a certain crewskill level would allow people to make the reusable stuff from biochem/cybertech then move on to something else.

Just like everyone that made the Rakata Bracers and Belt with an Augment slot then dropped those skills?

There is so much inconsistency with this crafting nonsense.

1. Either make everything that is BoP require you to KEEP the skill or make none of them require it.

or:

2. Make everything BoE and allow each craft to trade their end crafts.

How about the OP just decide to either pvp less or be willing to pvp without adrenals? Thing is if your imp, adrenals are just as expensive for republic and vice versa.

I do not see how this is an imbalance or a problem. Do your guild's biochem a favor and pickup bioanalysis and diplomacy to help out with raws and you have no excuse for being short on adrenals, ever.

Min/Maxer will always look for an edge. I recall JC in Wow being called OP.

One possible annoying solution will reduce the effect on the permanent one by 1 or 2 points and min/maxers will use the regular ones because they can not stand being optimal.

It is all about draining money from the economy. All games need money sinks, this is one they like. Everything at the end game is about getting money out of the economy. The Bio folks will need to buy gear but once they are done that they have a clear economic advantage.

They nerfed the drops on crew missions and re-engineering. I suspect that is to increase prices so the glut of money gets eaten up so folks do more dailies to generate income and stay busy aka don't get too bored with the game.

Expect more nerfs, and a lot more complaining as they really messed up on the balancing of the economic engine of the game.

Why is this thread still alive? The OP clearly doesn't understand how this works.

I've been 400 biochem since early access. After the changes to the way warzone adrenals/medpacks work several patches back, I haven't used my rakata adrenal/medpac in PVP since.

Its 10 (TEN!!!) commendations per WZ medpac/adrenal. I use these things like candy when PVPing in Ilum or warzones. I still have stacks upon stacks of the things littering my bank.

They're better than the rakata stuff! MUCH better. If you're still using biochem in PVP, you're doing it wrong.

PVE? I use blue medpacs while doing nightmare ops. The re-usable adrenal is somewhat useful on SoA or Fabricator, but other than that you don't even need to worry about it. But the OP wasn't even talking about PVE, so...

Why don't we just nerf every thing in this game down till we are all fighting with wooden armor and a big stick. Ohh never mind someone would cry cuz they got a sliver from the armor.

^ *********** amazing. I was thinking the same thing but paper swords like the kid out of Role Models. But people would cry because they got a paper cut on their virtual character, rofl. Grow up and realize that each profession has it's benefit and the game isn't designed around PvP.

Edited by Drasoff