How hard is it to get the abandon button to work for ALL missions?

Sgt_Mkoll

Not confused about it at all. I am confused as to why some players will waste say 20 hours over several weeks complaining about something they can fix by themselves in 2 hours.

Because they are taking a stand on principles! I paid my monthly fee, I expect a reach around with towel service every time I get inconvenienced.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not confused about it at all. I am confused as to why some players will waste say 20 hours over several weeks complaining about something they can fix by themselves in 2 hours.

I'm even more confused as to why you would waste your time in a thread that obviously has no bearing on the way you play the game.

See what I did there?

I see the new patch 1.1.2 lets us abandon the Tatooine bonus mission.

Yay.

One down, 9 more to go from my mission journal.

*sigh* guess one is better than none.

It's a matter of either scripting or coding and going through each quest and fixing the data so that it allows the quest to be abandoned.

In all honesty looking at this game and being experienced in development, I see a lot of issues here that are simply blatant disregards for some of the most fundamental programming practices.

You don't buy that? Take just one or two beginner programming courses and you'll see it. Hell for that matter go to the library and check out a book on beginner programming and you'll see it.

And really it's all these small things like this that show it the most. inability to do something as simple as drop a quest or how companion scripting is so borked up.

Honestly I don't see how this is the Bioware that has given the gaming industry such amazing games like BG1&2, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, ect...

These guys are almost like amateurs working out of some guy's basement. I would expect this kind of thing from a development studio that has just started out and maybe had one other successful game under their belt. I certainly don't expect it from a developer that's been one of the leading studios in the gaming industry for well over a decade.

Come on Bioware, you're better than this.

Because they are taking a stand on principles! I paid my monthly fee, I expect a reach around with towel service every time I get inconvenienced.

Heaven forbid somebody actually have standards. It's crazy! Unheard of! We should all be so lucky to let Bioware grace us with their precious gift of a persistent Star Wars universe, no matter how broken or buggy it may be. We should feel privileged just to look upon it! How DARE anybody speak ill of this game!

I think you are very confused about the nature of the player/developer relationship.

The developer is paid to fix these kinds of things.

The player pays the developer so they don't have to.

There is no issue in this game that is "the player's fault" because it's the developer's job to make sure these issues don't arise in the first place.

^ This

Heaven forbid somebody actually have standards. It's crazy! Unheard of! We should all be so lucky to let Bioware grace us with their precious gift of a persistent Star Wars universe, no matter how broken or buggy it may be. We should feel privileged just to look upon it! How DARE anybody speak ill of this game!

You're talking to the "Bioware can do no wrong because they are Bioware and they can do no wrong" crowd.

You might as well stand behind and scream at a deaf person you'll get the same effect.

See fanboys, this is where your ardent defense of this game start to hurt it. It wasn't in the first month when the forums were inundated with trolls and irrational blindness of what to expect from an MMO. Actually your irrational blindness helped to counteract their irrational blindness. But now that they are mostly gone it's actually time to start focusing on what needs to be fixed asap, and Bioware should be in full swing of fixing the majority of these issues, but they don't really seem to be. And making excuses for them or telling players they should do this instead of waiting for the fix isn't helping.

We are paying customers, we pay their salary. It is ridiculous to think we should be put out to do something Bioware should be doing so they can just take it easy. That's like going to the super market putting your groceries on the belt and telling the cashier, "Oh don't worry I'll ring all of this up, you just take my money at the end ok?"

Edited by HavenAE

It's A LOT harder than doing the missions, I assure you. So, before you call the devs lazy, why won't YOU stop being lazy, put the 5mins/quest they take and stop your whining if it's SUCH a huge problem?

I am paying for my time in this game. I should not have to spend that time doing things in the game which add zero value to me just because the devs are too stupid to fix a problem that has been here since release.

Besides, your logic is flawed. If you want to compare time spent to fix this issue, the devs time will be much less than all subscribers running through the stupid grey quests in their quest logs.

Edited by Meluna
insult

We realize that there are problems. We understand that they know about the problems and will fix them based on the priority of the people actually doing the work.

Nobody is defending the bug. We're telling you to work around it for now until the fix is in. Yes, we all agree that it is broken and needs to be fixed. If this is really ruining your day, maybe you should take your own advice and stop playing.

Edited by randysanchez

We realize that there are problems. We understand that they know about the problems and will fix them based on the priority of the people actually doing the work.

Nobody is defending the bug. We're telling you to work around it for now until the fix is in. Yes, we all agree that it is broken and needs to be fixed.

And your point has been heard. However, for those of us who don't want to "work around it," there's no reason to make additional commentary. It just makes you look like a jerk.

Nobody is defending the bug. We're telling you to work around it for now until the fix is in. Yes, we all agree that it is broken and needs to be fixed. If this is really ruining your day, maybe you should take your own advice and stop playing.

Anyone else get the feeling this is a Bioware employee posting as a "fanboy"? Just curious.

And your point has been heard. However, for those of us who don't want to "work around it," there's no reason to make additional commentary. It just makes you look like a jerk.

And your point has been heard. However, for those of us who don't want to "listen to you ***** all day," there's no reason to make additional commentary. It just makes you look like a jerk.

Nobody is defending the bug. We're telling you to work around it for now until the fix is in. Yes, we all agree that it is broken and needs to be fixed.

Yeah well you likewise shouldn't expect paying customers just like you to just be "okay" with having to work around it just because you happen to be okay with it.

Issues that affect people who pay money for a service are just as valid and their complaints are just as valid as long as the issue itself is valid.

Complaining about something that's actually broken is completely acceptable and should be expected.

Arguing with someone that they are wrong for exercising their right to make a complaint with an inadequate paid for service is actually the unacceptable thing to do.

And your point has been heard. However, for those of us who don't want to "listen to you ***** all day," there's no reason to make additional commentary. It just makes you look like a jerk.

Or, and here's a thought, you could just not read the thread?

I mean, if you're tired of seeing people complain, it seems logical that you wouldn't subject yourself to it.

Yeah well you likewise shouldn't expect paying customers just like you to just be "okay" with having to work around it just because you happen to be okay with it.

Issues that affect people who pay money for a service are just as valid and their complaints are just as valid as long as the issue itself is valid.

Complaining about something that's actually broken is completely acceptable and should be expected.

Arguing with someone that they are wrong for exercising their right to make a complaint with an inadequate paid for service is actually the unacceptable thing to do.

It is acceptable to make a complaint about something broken. Nobody has a problem with you exercising your right to complain about something broken.

None of the 'get over it' responses were to the people voicing serious constructive concerns about a broken system. They were to the people acting like entitled children who were talking about how stupid this or that developer is, etc, or to the people acting like they can't play the game at all so they are just going to ragequit.

Edited by randysanchez

Considering that they have not fixed this for everything yet considering how much there are compaints since launch, I think it is probably harder than we think. I don't think it is priority, just it is harder than we imagine.

The thing is, they've fixed it for other quests. So they've obviously figured it out already. The fact that they're not working on wide sweeping changes for more than a handful of quests is what's frustrating.

It is acceptable to make a complaint about something broken. Nobody has a problem with you exercising your right to complain about something broken.

Obviously, you did have a problem with it, or you wouldn't have bothered to bash those posting in this thread about the problem.

It's fine if you don't agree with those having the problem, but this in no way impacts you if they make it so that it can be abandoned.

If it doesn't impact your game style in any way, one can only conclude either you're way too much of a fanboy, or break time is over, get back to your cubicle, and start fixing the problem. ;)

None of the 'get over it' responses were to the people voicing serious constructive concerns about a broken system. They were to the people acting like entitled children who were talking about how stupid this or that developer is, etc, or to the people acting like they can't play the game at all so they are just going to ragequit.

Except they ARE entitled, that's what paying money for something makes you, especially when what is expected for that money doesn't occur as it should. You ARE entitled to experience a service that's works as it is intended. In most cases when you don't you end up with a discount, or a refund, or some other form or means to make up for the inconvenience. Or at least that occurs in places that practice good customer service.

Seriously the "entitled" garbage was cool when the game hadn't launched and no one had paid a dime for it yet, now it's a little bit of a different story.

Edited by HavenAE

Obviously, you did have a problem with it, or you wouldn't have bothered to bash those posting in this thread about the problem.

It's fine if you don't agree with those having the problem, but this in no way impacts you if they make it so that it can be abandoned.

If it doesn't impact your game style in any way, one can only conclude either you're way too much of a fanboy, or break time is over, get back to your cubicle, and start fixing the problem. ;)

Here's the part you forgot to quote.

It does impact my game. That's why I read this thread. I was wondering if there was any constructive feedback, lists of bugged quests or other information. The OP started by voicing a constructive concern. What followed was mostly vitriolic rants about how terrible the game and the developers are, or how this is so game breaking that you can't play at all. This is clearly not true.

Except they ARE entitled, that's what paying money for something makes you, especially when what is expected for that money doesn't occur as it should. You ARE entitled to experience a service that's works as it is intended. In most cases when you don't you end up with a discount, or a refund, or some other form or means to make up for the inconvenience. Or at least that occurs in places that practice good customer service.

Seriously the "entitled" garbage was cool when the game hadn't launched yet and no one had paid a dime for it yet, now it's a little bit of a different story.

I'm sorry, does anybody else find your signature incredibly ironic? :)

You are entitled to some things. But just because you pay $15 a month doesn't mean they owe you the moon. You can connect to the game, you can play, you can receive updates. When people talk of entitlement, they are referring to the fact that for some people every inconvenience demands that everybody stop what they are doing and immediately fix your problem.

Edited by randysanchez

I'm sorry, does anybody else find your signature incredibly ironic? :)

You are entitled to some things. But just because you pay $15 a month doesn't mean they owe you the moon. You can connect to the game, you can play, you can receive updates. When people talk of entitlement, they are referring to the fact that for some people every inconvenience demands that everybody stop what they are doing and immediately fix your problem.

I think being owed the moon and expecting some fundamental game designs to function as they are intended, and generally do in every other MMO at launch, are two completely different things.

Seriously look at most other MMOs and they seem to be able to pull off something as simple as abandoning any quest you don't want to do without a hitch. Yet Bioware, a developer who in other parts of this market are a gad damn GIANT, seems to be struggling with.

Also, strawman more.

Edited by HavenAE

I think being owed the moon and expecting some fundamental game designs to function as they are intended, and generally do in every other MMO at launch, are two completely different things.

Strawman more.

Nobody is saying that you shouldn't expect this to be fixed. You absolutely should expect it to work. When things don't meet your expectation is where we diverge. Do you think I am speaking out against people simply for agreeing that this is a bug? That is not the case.