NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

I just discovered the website Guild Wars 2 Guru and went through all the information the guys collected from Guild Wars 2 so far. In terms of features and how cool those features are, I think GW2 tops SW: TOR in every way. This game has potential, but damn GW2 will be launching with **** load of features when compared to what this game launched with. Kind of scary when compared to this game, feature wise. Bioware need to step it up. That's just what I think.

GW2 is a sad copy of RIFT that will end up dead like EQ2.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for the fact that I sat and watched one of GW2's moderators desperately call for people to buy their Free to Play game after SWTOR boasted great numbers..... on GameBreakerTV.

I am sorry bro but GW2 will not be the Mecca you are looking for, and by the time it releases (maybe even a year from now) SWTOR will have all of its game breaking bugs fixed and many content patches and a few Nvidia and ATI drivers behind it.

The next competition for SWTOR will be Titan, but definitely not GW2.

So, basically, you´re saying that it all depends on BW fixing the GAME BREAKING BUGS, content patching and fixing their graphic engine BEFORE GW2 launch?

If so, i feel sorry for BW...

I will like to think Bioware has many cards to play yet...:

-> The story is fresh, Star Wars in this times doesnt have much lore so they have almost their hands free to make whatever they like, which probably will be good.

-> The PvP certainly is decent. I wouldnt say its the best (because there isnt a perfection, everyone has their own point of view), but its a good one. Better than Lotro, better than Lineage 2, better than DDO, and a large etc. But can it compete with WoW PvP? Well, its somekind different, lot of people like PvP on WoW, thats true... but... i guess the most of people that plays for PvP in WoW its just because its harder than PvE content (as the game became 100% casual). Here we have a newborn game, which got a nice PvP begining (fairly balanced, not 100% as nobody will be fine with it, always someone cry).

-> The PvE content is... well... i would say its a lot of harder than WoW (as i would compare this Operations to the ones begining of WoTLK for example and Naxxramas is pretty "same" than Eternity Vault with more trash and more bosses, and Karagga's Palace is by far harder than Obsidian Sanctum or Eye of Eternity). We will have new Operations soon (which have been datamined and can be looked on Torhead), we will have some new flashpoints. But against that we got Bioware which want to innovate on fighting mechanics.

First of all there are the puzzle bosses, for me they are very cool, a "mind" challenge with a game challenge in the same fight, not so hard after all, but either is harder than any encounter i found on WoW.

Second we got bosses with huge amount of mechanics like Soa or Karagga. Which is truly what a operation-end-boss requires. But there is a little problem, the more mechanics they put, the harder it is to develop, so there are the bugs which are being solved. For a two months born game i think its pretty enough the speed they have fixing this issues.

-> Its Bioware, i know some people will reject this... but as Blizzard GIFTED Starcraft 2 to Korean players if they sub to WoW or as they are doing to GIFT Diablo 3 if you sub to WoW for a year. Bioware is able to do it and even SURPASS. Who wouldnt play SWTOR and maybe a Mass Effect 3 by only paying one? Who wouldnt play Dragons Age 3 and SWTOR again by an offer of any of both? Bioware has the potential to do any of this offers without losing much money, and if they synch with new huge patches on SWTOR, it will get a huge amount of income (as people will be able to rejoice in new content and by the way they will make people who bough a top game like Mass Effect or Dragons Age to play the game, its not a trial but people would probably subscribe after that).

-> Not Asia/Oceanic servers yet... you know what that means? Asia is a HUGE point of "Star Wars" fans, and even they LOVE games with a good story (like Final Fantasy for example on Japan) so probably a huge amount of players are comming from those two regions. Even if they make somekind of random event like they did on Central Park with people Cosplayed as Malgus and other Jedi/Sith it would have a better impact.

Resume: I would say after three months SWTOR will depend on how they manage this incoming updates. They have been releasing a great update every month since the game was born. If they keep it comming, each time with less bugs, people will be happy and the game will be a success. I guess the game will be near 2,5-3 Millions suscriptors over June.

GW2 is a sad copy of RIFT that will end up dead like EQ2.

LOL gw2 is no where near a rift clone its worse. calling it a rift clone is a compliment. as for EQ2 being dead? it has held the best retention from sales of any MMO , and has had the most expansions of any MMO. It made a crap load of money just not as much as WOW. Im not sure if your trolling or not, but if you are you should probably research your attempts a little better.

I will like to think Bioware has many cards to play yet...:

-> The story is fresh, Star Wars in this times doesnt have much lore so they have almost their hands free to make whatever they like, which probably will be good.

-> The PvP certainly is decent. I wouldnt say its the best (because there isnt a perfection, everyone has their own point of view), but its a good one. Better than Lotro, better than Lineage 2, better than DDO, and a large etc. But can it compete with WoW PvP? Well, its somekind different, lot of people like PvP on WoW, thats true... but... i guess the most of people that plays for PvP in WoW its just because its harder than PvE content (as the game became 100% casual). Here we have a newborn game, which got a nice PvP begining (fairly balanced, not 100% as nobody will be fine with it, always someone cry).

-> The PvE content is... well... i would say its a lot of harder than WoW (as i would compare this Operations to the ones begining of WoTLK for example and Naxxramas is pretty "same" than Eternity Vault with more trash and more bosses, and Karagga's Palace is by far harder than Obsidian Sanctum or Eye of Eternity). We will have new Operations soon (which have been datamined and can be looked on Torhead), we will have some new flashpoints. But against that we got Bioware which want to innovate on fighting mechanics.

First of all there are the puzzle bosses, for me they are very cool, a "mind" challenge with a game challenge in the same fight, not so hard after all, but either is harder than any encounter i found on WoW.

Second we got bosses with huge amount of mechanics like Soa or Karagga. Which is truly what a operation-end-boss requires. But there is a little problem, the more mechanics they put, the harder it is to develop, so there are the bugs which are being solved. For a two months born game i think its pretty enough the speed they have fixing this issues.

-> Its Bioware, i know some people will reject this... but as Blizzard GIFTED Starcraft 2 to Korean players if they sub to WoW or as they are doing to GIFT Diablo 3 if you sub to WoW for a year. Bioware is able to do it and even SURPASS. Who wouldnt play SWTOR and maybe a Mass Effect 3 by only paying one? Who wouldnt play Dragons Age 3 and SWTOR again by an offer of any of both? Bioware has the potential to do any of this offers without losing much money, and if they synch with new huge patches on SWTOR, it will get a huge amount of income (as people will be able to rejoice in new content and by the way they will make people who bough a top game like Mass Effect or Dragons Age to play the game, its not a trial but people would probably subscribe after that).

-> Not Asia/Oceanic servers yet... you know what that means? Asia is a HUGE point of "Star Wars" fans, and even they LOVE games with a good story (like Final Fantasy for example on Japan) so probably a huge amount of players are comming from those two regions. Even if they make somekind of random event like they did on Central Park with people Cosplayed as Malgus and other Jedi/Sith it would have a better impact.

Resume: I would say after three months SWTOR will depend on how they manage this incoming updates. They have been releasing a great update every month since the game was born. If they keep it comming, each time with less bugs, people will be happy and the game will be a success. I guess the game will be near 2,5-3 Millions suscriptors over June.

all your theories would be great fiction. the undeniable fact is bioware is notorious for slow meticulous devolpment. Add in voice over and cutscenes to all the content with a very cranky engine. Ya keep the Bio cool aid coming. 5 million subs by june? i need some of your delusion

all your theories would be great fiction. the undeniable fact is bioware is notorious for slow meticulous devolpment. Add in voice over and cutscenes to all the content with a very cranky engine. Ya keep the Bio cool aid coming. 5 million subs by june? i need some of your delusion

Learn to read. I said 2,5 OR 3 million users. As there will be Korean, Japanese & Oceanic servers which were a HUGE amount of the WoW initial players.