End Game Sniper DPS Raid Build

Kalgodric

Ive KP Nightmare and i got railshot/missile combo, went from 19k Hp to 3k Hp without the serum, and anyways for this fight if the sniper is played right he get damaged only if he get pulled, and the pull phase is not within 5seconds of the missile/railshot combo, so you have time to get healed.

You can also use entrench to avoid being pulled during that phase. I tried it, and it works.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of discussion on it here: http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Jarg-and-Sorno

All of that damage is not from the rail shot alone their is 2 abilities involved that happen very close to each other, but with 18k health you can get very close to insta-gibbed.

Okay. Jarg and the purple circle of death can be an issue. Moving as soon as the purple circle appears reduces damage taken. We somewhat cheese Jarg. If both of our tanks happen to be frozen, we have a guarded SA taunt Jarg while I blow ballistic shield. The SA hold outs long enough for at least one tank to be freed from the carbonite droids.

The 4% endurance talent isn't really needed but it's not harmful to pick up for the hybrid spec. Only waste of two talents points in my opinion would be for calculated pursuit.

The 4% endurance talent isn't really needed but it's not harmful to pick up for the hybrid spec. Only waste of two talents points in my opinion would be for calculated pursuit.

This is exactly my stance on the issue.

You can also use entrench to avoid being pulled during that phase. I tried it, and it works.

I gave up on entrech in pve , since it doesnt work 99% of the time, nice to know it works for this phase.

but anyways, vitality serum is maybe useful for the missile/railshot combo but if you are undergeared and are doing a night mare OPS, ****. thats it. No magic skill will save you.

I gave up on entrech in pve , since it doesnt work 99% of the time, nice to know it works for this phase.

but anyways, vitality serum is maybe useful for the missile/railshot combo but if you are undergeared and are doing a night mare OPS, ****. thats it. No magic skill will save you.

There are quite a few boss fights where entrench is helpful. Not so much in ops, but off the top of my head you can get a benefit out of it on pylons (not like you really need it but hey, you can use it), BH duo, and droid in KP to avoid knockback. Plenty of normal enemies in pve where it works just fine and helps out.

Matrix cube and Power relic.

(if you are bad geared you might want to consider crit/surge relic untill your default crit rate is 35%+ and surge 75%+)

edit: also, 10/10 nightmare MM 30/8/3

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400rsrzdRoRgZbIZh.1

1 point in leg shot and heavy shot because that's the only way to reach tier 5 without handicaping oneself. Both talents are useless but better then making oneself worse by taking instant snipe or alacrity buff.

Don't use corrosive dart or w/e it's called either, damage per energy is not bad but it just doesn't fit in ''rotation'' unless you plan on rifle shotting 30% of a boss fight, same goes for explosive probe.

3/3 explosive engineering is for orbital damage only, wich with a field tech 4 set, it happens on pull for free.

31 point talent is just awful for overal dps, don't touch it with a ten foot pole, unless rifle shot is what turns you on.

I just have to ask, what is your rotation?