Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a bounty hunter who loves to pvp Are there any plans in the future to change the look of our Player VS Player gear or allow for it to be fully Mod able? I would love to have a more simplistic look rather then an odd I just made this suit out of a garbage can look.

My question:

Why was the decision made to restrict purple color crystals to the Empire? Considering the only character to ever use one in the movies was a Jedi, it seems a bit counter-intuitive. When do you plan to make them available to Republic players? (If they already are available, can we please do away with the cloak and dagger with a confirmation and perhaps a hint of how to obtain one?)

Question: Do you have any plans to provide players with an option to temporarily toggle their XP gains off so that, as individuals, we have better control over our leveling experience?

Explanation: Currently, many players are out-leveling content far too easily. This results in a number of problems (the inability to gain affection points through conversations on gray quests, financial difficulties due to lower-level quest/drop rewards not keeping up with higher-level costs such as training, crafting issues due to a lack of useful resources being available on lower level worlds to provide materials for level-appropriate crafting, and an extremely non-challenging and boring combat experience when fighting gray-con mobs).

This has caused some players to actively avoid parts of your game (such as PvP, space combat, and cantinas/inns) in order to avoid gaining even more unwanted XP-gains that will ultimately make a frustrating problem worse.

Many MMOs, such as World of Warcraft, Everquest II, Call of Heroes, Vanguard, City of Heroes/Villains and others, provide an XP-toggle option. Other MMOs (such as Final Fantasy XI) provide players with a way of losing XP/levels through repeated deaths. The argument of twinking concerns in PvP is always brought up when discussing an XP-toggle, but as PvP in this game is largely bracket-less and twinking is already completely possible and easy to accomplish thanks to open-slot gear and mods, the concerns against an XP-toggle are unjustified.

See the following thread for a larger discussion on the topic: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=242517

Edited by Apax

I have a question about the abilities granted to us through the legacy system. I would like to know if these abilities will have any combat function or are they purely aesthetic like our racials? Edited by Cerek

Now that SWTOR has been out just over six weeks, when will Bioware have a team that is dedicated to looking into existing glitches versus new content (flashpoints, operations, etc)?

For example, the Willpower + 3 datacron on Alderaan where characters size > 2 can not slip through the door or the UI being modal.

There have been multiple interviews around patch 1.1 discussing patch 1.2

I think you guys made some mistakes in that interview (at least in some) because in some articles you mention that 1.2 will have new Warzones but in other you only mention 1 new warzone..

my question: How many new warzones will we see in patch 1.2

(I think i know the answer, its probably 1... but i'm really hoping for 2 thats why i had to ask :p)

GL with answering the questions ;)

There is alot of confusion over orange/moddable gear. We understand, as Georg posted once, that the 'armor rating' increases as you put higher armoring mods into orange gear. However, there is still differentiation on the 'Armor' value to the left of the rating value, between Light, Medium & Heavy orange gear with an identical 'armor rating' mod slotted in. Most social vendors offer only orange 'Light' level armor.

So, (a.) are there going to be Medium and Heavy versions of social gear added to the vendors, OR, if this is unnecessary, (b.) could you elaborate on the differentiation outlined above?

Are there plans to implement a better 'focus target' or target of target mechanism? The current system is severely lacking.

Example, changing the focus target hotkey to actually switch to the target instead of being required to be held while casting, and in effect being more cumbersome to use.

Edited by littleming

Dual Specing and Looking for a Dungeon when is it going to happen?

If you were to force us to spam General for a couple hours and we have someone who can have a dual spec for heals this would be less time for us to wait....or you can give us the option to have an automatic tool to do Elite Missions and Flashpoints

Can there please be a temporary punishment for player who leave pvp early? There has been a growing trend of people quiting loosing matches to que up for anothe game. It really hurts thos who join into these already played matches. Instead of a ban from queing into another game for a certain amount of time, it should be a temporary decrease in stats. Something that would significantly punish those for going awol during pvp.

K Thanks