Cybertech: Vehicles Un-tradeable ***

Jodinar

I'd just like to 1st say in other MMO's I hated, LOATHED, couldn't stand gathering/crafting, i almost didn't even try in SWTOR buttt... i've been pleasantly suprised!! (Having my crew go gather for me - GREAT idea!!)

And now i'm 400 cybertech.. was all happy to craft my guildies some cool speeders..even had one of them mail me the schematic.. and after spending the creds, setting my T7 task...41 minutes later... BOP! :eek:: mad:

Now I have to go back and explain.. Soo sad :(

Soo.. yes i think somthing has to change about this.. Idc what the solution - I mean my hot rigged speeder is cool - but not as cool as the bought ones.

So please.. please.. please BW either make it worth it or make it BOE.

The whole binding system is utter stupidity copied from earlier games and was only introduced as a game mechanic to lessen the amount of item trading.

As far as game mechanics go I don't care one way or the other about "binding" but the logic is beneath questionable intelligence, as well as socially awkward; Imagine a son asking his dad if he can borrow the car, and the dad answers: "Sorry son, its bound to me."

Or maybe you inherit something nice and you can't use it because it was equipped once? ***? Btw, Luke Skywalker's first training with a lightsaber was one that belonged to his father. Suck on that! How could he ever equip it?!

Why does SW:TOR blindly copy such illogical code? People say "SW:TOR is not WoW", I'll just ask what a lot of people are thinking: "Why does it work in the exact same way?"

Let us trade the speederbikes we make, damn it!

why does sw:tor blindly copy such illogical code? People say "sw:tor is not wow", i'll just ask what a lot of people are thinking: "why does it work in the exact same way?"

let us trade the speederbikes we make, damn it!

amen amen amen glory halleluja!

As far as game mechanics go I don't care one way or the other about "binding" but the logic is beneath questionable intelligence, as well as socially awkward; Imagine a son asking his dad if he can borrow the car, and the dad answers: "Sorry son, its bound to me."

Let us trade the speederbikes we make, damn it!

ROFL omg that made me laugh so hard, I had tears coming out of my eyes.

Cybertech speeders would never sell. As much materials as it takes to make them you'd have to put them up for a lot more than people would pay for them when they can just go buy speeders at the vendor for cheap.

Only way is if the materials to make speeders were cut in half or even less than that.

Edited by TheNevet

If they ever do make it BOE, it would be nice if crafted speeders at least had a different look than the store bought ones.

I would settle for crafting one of these bikes that had some kind of custom paint when created if the did not make these BOE. I do hope they make it BOE so I can start selling them and undercut the NPC vendors so we keep the credits flowing through the players.

honestly, its too late for boe speeders, it was cool the 1st month now majority of player having 2 or more 3T speeders... It would be cool if I could craft it for my guild back then, but now, its pointless... as a cybertech I couldnt care less anymore

What we want:

BOE

Original-looking speeders (to give us a reason to craft instead of purchase)

Armorings, even the purple letters, don't sell well. People buy what they need with commendations. and Earpieces? Well perhaps, but really we don't have that many things going for us.

Hey, I can imagine that in a commercial for an American car...right after the dad says that he power-fists the air a couple of times, has his wife grab him a *can* of beer from the fridge and lays his type-4 body back on his recliner to watch sports on tv while his dog licks his balls.

it takes 12 Mandalorian Irons for a rank 3 speeder.

average price on the GTN for one is 12K (on my server)...

who the hell would pay over 100K for a rank 3 speeder if your were to sell it while u can buy one for way less at the speeder vendor...

who the hell would pay over 100K for a rank 3 speeder if your were to sell it while u can buy one for way less at the speeder vendor...

On WoW the average-man mounts were WAY cheaper than the exotic mounts.

However in the case of SWTOR, the "exotic mounts" are no different than the average man in neither appearance or speed.

For me personally, I have 2 characters that run slicing missions all the time when I'm playing and open lockboxes they come across. I have gotten a ton of Purple UT missions; which helps a lot in obtaining Mandalorian Iron.

On the other hand, people keep saying that at 50 they have a ridiculous amount of money, so I'm sure if the crafted speeders looked cool enough/unique enough (maybe have options for customization kind of like artificers color crystals), i'm sure they would be more than willing to pay.

Just my 2 cents ;) I know many people will throw down a lot of money for vanity.

Edited by PiffyEQ

For me personally, I have 2 characters that run slicing missions all the time when I'm playing and open lockboxes they come across. I have gotten a ton of Purple UT missions; which helps a lot in obtaining Mandalorian Iron.

On the other hand, people keep saying that at 50 they have a ridiculous amount of money, so I'm sure if the crafted speeders looked cool enough/unique enough (maybe have options for customization kind of like artificers color crystals), i'm sure they would be more than willing to pay.

Just my 2 cents ;) I know many people will throw down a lot of money for vanity.

Unfortunately, there aren't any customizations, they look the same as vendor speeders. 'Nor can we even trade them yet.

i think part of the reason it happens is because of the lack of money synchs in the game. Outside of purchasing mounts, and repair bills at max level, how many things are there that really take money out of the player economy? None really, outside of training abilities.

With the exception of the rank 3 mount which can be pricey if you buy mats or the books for the missions for mandalorian iron, the other 2 can be produced for lower cost then the npc bought ones. With the rank 3 one if you technically farmed everything (crafting missions included) its cost would be considerably lower then the rank 3, in that you're only paying about 2k per gathering mission run.