Back from WoW - This really is the best mmo out there

xxthecurexx

Do you work for Bioware because the way you say thing is just like they do.

"After leaving SWTOR after becoming bored on my first 50, I went back to WoW.

Devoid of any story and an awful crafting system, not to mention the complete lack of immersion (Flying mounts and 15 minute hearthstones?)."

No where do you say that SWTOR no longer makes you bored at 50. Its still the same.

"WoW had it's time and place, but SWTOR is definitely the future of MMOs. Yes, it will take time to catch up in sheer volume of content and many systems (like PVP and space combat) need work, but everything the devs have successfully accomplished really shines."

That one thing would be the story telling while leveling up? One thing out of 1000 they shine at. Grats to them.

"You actually build a relationship with your companions and PVP is fun even at the bare minimum level to enter war zones."

How about building relationships with other players? This is an MMO. You can have the same relationship if it was a single player game. PVP is garbage.

"All in all, Bioware has a subscriber in me for at least the next year, I can't wait to see what they do with the game and can't wait to embrace a community that is slowly being cleaned of those who really shouldn't be here!"

I believe you will stay only untill you find something better. You are the reason MMO's are failing. You will jump ship at the first sight of any problems and then you will find the game that you like most and praise it to no end when you really dont like it but hope that it will suck up to you since you suck up to them. WoW redesigned their game for your type and your not happy?

Some day the game designers will realize that when they destroy games for the masses to play the masses that you made it for will leave when the actual people who enjoyed playing the game before you destroyed it leave.

WoW is only dead because of people like you and blizzard catering to people like you. Yes it wont die right away but numbers will drop in millions each year.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the OP. I'm playing this game over WoW for a reason.

This game reminds me a lot of vanilla WoW, and to me WoW has gotten worse with each expansion.

Keep in mind, that is TO ME, for the things I personally enjoy in MMOs.

I'm sure plenty of people prefer "new WoW", but the magic died for me with Burning Crusade and I kept riding that rotting horse until level 84 in Cataclysm and then I could ride the corpse no longer.

SWTOR PvP gives me a very satisfying feeling, something I haven't felt since Tier 1 WAR PvP.

I feel beefy in PvP, that's something that I missed in later WoW. Everyone felt like glass, just some classes were slightly thicker glass.

After leaving SWTOR after becoming bored on my first 50, I went back to WoW.

Devoid of any story and an awful crafting system, not to mention the complete lack of immersion (Flying mounts and 15 minute hearthstones?).

WoW had it's time and place, but SWTOR is definitely the future of MMOs. Yes, it will take time to catch up in sheer volume of content and many systems (like PVP and space combat) need work, but everything the devs have successfully accomplished really shines.

You actually build a relationship with your companions and PVP is fun even at the bare minimum level to enter war zones.

All in all, Bioware has a subscriber in me for at least the next year, I can't wait to see what they do with the game and can't wait to embrace a community that is slowly being cleaned of those who really shouldn't be here!

Couldn't have said it better. WoW is a done deal. Good in it's time and place but it's done for me and all my friends. Great game but it's finally, (and thankfully) over. :)

Devoid of any story and an awful crafting system, not to mention the complete lack of immersion (Flying mounts and 15 minute hearthstones?).

WoW had it's time and place, but SWTOR is definitely the future of MMOs. Yes, it will take time to catch up in sheer volume of content and many systems (like PVP and space combat) need work, but everything the devs have successfully accomplished really shines.

You actually build a relationship with your companions and PVP is fun even at the bare minimum level to enter war zones.

All in all, Bioware has a subscriber in me for at least the next year, I can't wait to see what they do with the game and can't wait to embrace a community that is slowly being cleaned of those who really shouldn't be here!

Devoid of any story? Really? Cuz BC had a LOT of story, sorry you had to spend time "reading" it, that's so old fashion I know. Kids today, so lazy.

How exactly are "flying" mounts "non-immersion"? I really, really, really do not understand this. Are you saying the only possible way to have "immersion" in a game is being forced to travel for 15-20mins to your location on a land mount?

Companions make this game so easy a blind monkey can be #winning. WoW doesn't give you a companion to be your pocket healer, tank or dps. You either are on your own or you have to ask community.

Devoid of any story? Really? Cuz BC had a LOT of story, sorry you had to spend time "reading" it, that's so old fashion I know. Kids today, so lazy.

How exactly are "flying" mounts "non-immersion"? I really, really, really do not understand this. Are you saying the only possible way to have "immersion" in a game is being forced to travel for 15-20mins to your location on a land mount?

Companions make this game so easy a blind monkey can be #winning. WoW doesn't give you a companion to be your pocket healer, tank or dps. You either are on your own or you have to ask community.

Hunters, Warlocks, Trinket combatants, cry much? Maybe WoW is the game for you?

WoW quests were so easy they didn't require a companion.

Depending on spec, many SWTOR quests would be impossible without your companion.

Remember, in WoW you're usually fighting 1 to 2 monsters a pull.

In SWTOR you're fighting 3 to 6.

And we both know that neither WoW nor SWTOR's leveling process is difficult.

Ya, funny when people say there isn't a story because they don't want to be bothered to read it. Same type of people that only find stories in movies cause they don't want to read a book.

they should just rename Wow , "world of interface gameplay" seems fitting given that you interact with an interface to go do dungeons and raid, you interact with an interface to play pvp and arenas, you interact with an interface and npcs to get gear, and at the end of the day there is little to no reason to do 90% of the content wow has because its not even relevant tot he current tier of gear

there is INMERSION on this game, something wow and blizzard was NEVER able to do with all the time and content i cleared on that game, yes the carrot on a stick gameplay was adictive , but i felt i was interacting more with buttons and dialog boxes than i was with the actual world

in this game i feel more connected to my character and the game world

I nicknamed it "The Assorted Instances of Warcraft" shortly before WotFailKing sucked all the fun out of WoW.

TBC was my favorite xpac and if Blizz hadn't killed off that type of gameplay and replaced with the MMO version of ritalin I'd still be playing WoW. That being said, there was very little story and the little bit there was had nothing to do with your character.

As for flying mounts, how does skipping, well, everything make a game immersive? You may as well just beam to your desired locale (like Blizz did with everything else) since you won't have to do anything to get there.

Blizz also neutered the game to the point where a half blind 3 yr old could level without trouble. Most of the group quests were either soloable, or were nerfed to single player status.

agreed, if they had a lifetime sub id pay.

Ya, funny when people say there isn't a story because they don't want to be bothered to read it. Same type of people that only find stories in movies cause they don't want to read a book.

You're right, WoW has a story. A fairly indepth one.

One that basically rips off Warhammer (The Lich King is almost a carbon copy of the Witch King from Warhammer. Both were princes, both went to the north, both found a powerful artifact of evil that they believed could be used to save their people but, in the end, both were corrupted and became their people's worst enemy. Difference is that Warhammer wrote this in the 80s.) Green Orcs who are a little slow? Dwarves that like to drink and use steam tech?

One that is written with all the literary skill of an 8 year old (So yeah, then the fire guy, he's at war with the water dudes, and there's this wind dude! And then, several years later, we'll rehash the elemental war in Cataclysm.)

One that they rewrite every couple years. (Sargaras was originally corrupted by the Eredar, then later he was the one who corrupted them and instead it was the Nathrazeim who corrupted him.)

And then, after years of crap, they decide to give us PANDAS IN CHINA as an expansion... really?

REALLY?

An anthromorphic beast race that just carbon copies the culture that the animal itself is from?

They already did Native American cows and bison. And Inuit walrus people and now they continue their streak of unoriginality with bloody Chinese pandas?

So yeah, WoW has a story, a bloody terrible one.

yeah ask that wow community. "Lolwut? L2play" that'll be your reply.

Sorry that wanting immersive cutscenes sticks in your craw, but by all means quit mmos and go read a book or else I guess youre just a lazy kid ;p

You biodrones are going to be the death of this game... you are the death of any game. Every MMO that has ever released and failed has people like you saying the exact same things.

Stop saying everything is perfect and predicting a 7 year run and start suggesting improvements that can lead to the longevity you wish for.

You biodrones are going to be the death of this game... you are the death of any game. Every MMO that has ever released and failed has people like you saying the exact same things.

Stop saying everything is perfect and predicting a 7 year run and start suggesting improvements that can lead to the longevity you wish for.

I think they have. That is called constructive criticism. Something you obviously have confused with the blind and/or ignorant anger coming from people who use terms such as biodrones.

Saying a game is the best MMO on the market doesn't mean it's not open for improvement.

WoW was the best game on the market for years, and it still needed improvement (and still does if it ever wants my sub back).

Saying "I love SWTOR" does not also mean "I think it's perfect."

I love linguine chicken tetrazini, but it could be better.

You're right, WoW has a story. A fairly indepth one.

One that basically rips off Warhammer (The Lich King is almost a carbon copy of the Witch King from Warhammer. Both were princes, both went to the north, both found a powerful artifact of evil that they believed could be used to save their people but, in the end, both were corrupted and became their people's worst enemy. Difference is that Warhammer wrote this in the 80s.) Green Orcs who are a little slow? Dwarves that like to drink and use steam tech?

One that is written with all the literary skill of an 8 year old (So yeah, then the fire guy, he's at war with the water dudes, and there's this wind dude! And then, several years later, we'll rehash the elemental war in Cataclysm.)

One that they rewrite every couple years. (Sargaras was originally corrupted by the Eredar, then later he was the one who corrupted them and instead it was the Nathrazeim who corrupted him.)

And then, after years of crap, they decide to give us PANDAS IN CHINA as an expansion... really?

REALLY?

An anthromorphic beast race that just carbon copies the culture that the animal itself is from?

They already did Native American cows and bison. And Inuit walrus people and now they continue their streak of unoriginality with bloody Chinese pandas?

So yeah, WoW has a story, a bloody terrible one.

What, the story in this game is some high literature or something?

Considering I'd rather go to the dentist for an unnecessary double root canal without anesthetic than play EvE Online and its WSJ/Excel Playstyle - I think it's safe to say what you said about EvE is just an opinion and not a fact :jawa_wink:

I'm sure you know that forums are here to express personal opinions. Above is mine.

I'm not saying that EvE gameplay is for everyone (I got into that game on 3rd attempt) and I know that sandbox games are not for everyone.

The fact is that EvE is only game with only one shard (so each of the +- 30k players online is actually in same universe as you are, you know the MM in MMO) and it's game where you interact with another players in every aspect of the game (aka game is more or less player driven). Also there's common opinion that EvE has best PvP from all games and I tend to agree (was living in WH space for long time so I know the thrill of the hunt :)).

This is true. These games (WOW and SWTOR) are not massive. These games cant really handle 5000+ players concurrently without the servers crumbling to dust. The current crop of genre should be considered MORPGs. Sorry unless you can get 10000+ people on one server, you are not massive. I don't care how many servers you have or the millions of accounts you have, 2000 people per server is not massive, 2000 people is like a high school. I'm quite sure you don't consider your local high school to be massive.

The numbers of concurrent online being un-massive is due to the way these games have gotten more complex .

OTOH, while (say) CCP's achievement with EVE Online is certainly a feat of game design, it's made easier by the fact that most of the game is virtual empty space with not much to keep track of ... :)

(In actual fact, CCP achieve the illusion of massively concurrent users by making EVE one of the most heavily instanced games ever - quite funny when you think about it.)

It's going to tak a few more leaps in technology before we'll see gigantic game worlds, as in properly designed worlds with tons of assets and stuff to keep track of, with thousands and thousands of concurrent users, while still keeping up with the demand for better and better graphical realization of those worlds.

Edited by gurugeorge