Emergency Fleet Pass

Dinoviking

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an android phone, but apparently my phone is not compatible with the app. I am not buying a physical authenticator in a million years. Make the damn app work with all android devices. Edited by Gungan

You have to consider lore in these arguments.

Do you really expect a military to send out a ship to pick you up and take you to the fleet every hour because you want to buy something at the GTM or reset your talents, or pick up a PvP/Flashpoint quest?

That's the equivalent of a military helicopter picking up a soldier in Iraq to take him to Washington DC just so he could pick up some groceries.

You do realize you can buy any-time fleet passes for 1k each at the security vendor on the fleet station right?

Heck, if you wanted you could buy 10 of em and go to fleet 10 times in 15 minutes for giggles.

Sorry but using a security key authenticator is just asking for problems on my end. I refuse to use the one that came with my C.E. for that reason. I think the Emergency Fleet pass should only take 2 hours to cool down, 18 hours is stupid...

I have an android phone, but apparently my phone is not compatible with the app. I am not buying a physical authenticator in a million years. Make the damn app work with all android devices.

thats odd my GF has a app that seem to work fine. i go and double check with her(yes we a gaming couple lol)

now back to topic: i rarely go to the fleet since every other planet i can find a class trainer. i mianly only use my passs for when a guilde need help at the fleet or i want to run a flash point. then pop, i'm there, run flash points, grab a 1k pass, go back to lvling till i want another flashpoint ran lol. most after midgame worlds have trainers ,GTN, etc.

Edited by DarkCarnage

Quick travel won't take you to fleet.
No, but it will take you directly to a Flashpoint Shuttle. The Flashpoint Shuttle will take you directly to the fleet.

Quick Travel is on a 30 minute timer. If you are still waiting on that, you can take a taxi to the Flashpoint Shuttle. I don't see a problem.

The fleet is the easiest place to get to in the game.

With all the options available (Flashpoint Shuttles and Emergency Fleetpass), you still find it hard to get there, then buy the authenticator.

Find something else to complain about.

So then they're punishing us for not having an authenticator.

Good to know.

Sorry if I seem a little combative, but I really hate this and truly believe it needs a cooldown reduction. We shouldn't be forced to buy an authenticator just so we can have the privilege of spending an additional 1k each for passes. The free one needs to work more often.

Again, just my opinion.

I agree. I have almost broke down and bought one, and then thought NO, I don't WANT to have to buy this. Also, it gives you access to companion mods you cant otherwise get and a speeder (I think). Usually I would just say its only 5 bucks what the heck, but its just the idea of it I dont like.

I don't see a problem with the 18 hour cool down. I never even had a need to use the purchased fleet passes. I don't go to the fleet that often. (well not when I was leveling, I can see me doing it more now that i'm 50)

I go to a planet, finish all the quests I want to, then go back to the fleet. SOmetimes halfway through I will hit up the fleet to put things on the market or do a flash point. I have never said "Damn I wish my fleet pass cooldown was finished."

Just me though.

You do realize you can buy any-time fleet passes for 1k each at the security vendor on the fleet station right?

Heck, if you wanted you could buy 10 of em and go to fleet 10 times in 15 minutes for giggles.

not true, the security-token passes have a 1h cooldown...still better then the 18h from the ability tough.

Hm where do i get said fleet pass?? I mean ok once ever day is still better then never and it would save me a lot of issues.
I think you get it automatically when you first visit the fleet. Check your abilities window. It's probably on the general non-class-specific tab.

• 3 weeks later...

Buy huge stacks of fleet passes.

Wait for Authenticator app to break and prevent you from logging in (it will)

Call to have it removed - your fleet passes still work!

Bioware.. please fix your app, I am almost all out of fleet passes.

This is why I said that it is just my opinion. You are absolutely right. The primary reason I want this changed is for convenience reasons. Because I don't like the limitation.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, and I very much respect that. However, that being said, a lot of people DO agree with me, and that should be enough to get the Devs to at least THINK about it.

If they think about it, decide I'm wrong, and refuse to change it, oh well. I'll live. Not a game breaking issue, just a really annoying one. If the Devs decide to ignore me, so be it.

At least I tried.

I like it where it is because it is a good enough perk that people that normally would not add the extra security will now.

This lowers the overall cost of running the game when fewer accounts are being hacked so more resources can spent improving it.

I have no idea why its 18 hours. That's extremely excessive. I had a guildie help me with the end of the Jedi Knight class quest. He went to the planet where the quest was on with me and literally was stuck there until his fleet pass was off cooldown. Let's just say he had to play an alt.

why didn't he just go to a space port a fly from there instead of waiting for 18h?

on topic. i guess that the reason it's 18h is becaus BW want you to travel and use ships instead of quick travel all over the place

Something that makes the travel system semi-viable shouldn't be on the security key vendor in the first place. :csw_yoda:

why didn't he just go to a space port a fly from there instead of waiting for 18h?

on topic. i guess that the reason it's 18h is becaus BW want you to travel and use ships instead of quick travel all over the place

And by that you mean expose people to an unnecessary amount of loading screens, thus artificially push playtime.