Can you really Blame us?

ExileV

I have been considering, but given origins reputation of customer service I have not had the gumption to do so.

This has been known for months. You could have cancelled or even NOT pre-ordered. BioWare/EA are fulfilling their obligations. Said obligations, we were fully aware of for quite some time.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only three days of waiting ,yes, but it was three days of waiting while all of your friends were playing and talking about how empty the servers were, and knowing that you were missing out on all of that for reasons that were never explained.

It was a really hamhanded attempt to corral all of the players and it just pissed everyone off.

Edited by Stantz

Considering that some people still can't log in and no one can purchase a subscription? The General Press Release published on 12/9. This really depends on your definition of launch though. My definition and the definition of the press release I quoted is when the game is live and you can purchase a subscription and anyone can log in. Apparently the Dr.'s have a different opinion. In the context of this discussion my definition is the one that applies.

Then that's your working definition. That it differs from the one accepted and used by the people who created the game reflects more on your own misconceptions than it does on others'. I suppose we will simply have to agree to disagree on this point.

I pre-ordered and cancelled it after 3 beta weekends. I'm just playing for free until Tuesday to see if I can get into it. I find it kind of boring and the PVP sucks so I'm glad I cancelled.

In depth game review right here guys!!

"SilenceDogooder's gaming gives it a 5/10"

it was known long long before the 5 days were announced that if you ordered earlier than someone else you'd get in sooner. You should probably read the thread, it's been gone over multiple times.

Not known by everyone.. Just because you knew and others maybe have known do not assume that everyone follows so closely.. Many people hear of a new game go to the site see the Ad and buy the game..

All you can go on is the Advertisement.. that is what your seeing that is what counts in the contract that is made.. and it did NOT say that someone else would get 5 days while others would not..

It does not matter if they posted it in a Forum or Tweeted it.. or if the followers of Starwars and this games release knew.. It has to be in the Advertisement or it is considered false Advertising..

Simple facts here are.. The release date was given as the 20th of December..

The Ad says up to 5 days early access.. ( now what does up to mean? - well that they could startup the server up to 5 days early for people that pre-order.. NOT for some people or those that pre-ordered before others but, for ALL people that pre-ordered) That is how anyone could interpret "up to" to mean...

This is NOT a physical line this is a virtual line... so any analogy to some fast food restaurant or other physical type of release does not compare..

Think of it this way.. at a physical store front the line is one after another.. (one at a time)

but in a virtual front the line is spread out more like a starting line... (Think Marathon)

and yes they do Marthons in waves.. BUT they all go at the same day not days apart..

Yes to keep server loads reasonable they limit per server.. but this does not mean limit people from accessing all the servers..

What would have been better IMHO would have been to do the full pre access of all in one day.. this way no one would be disgruntled like they are now.. Sure some would just because they get disgruntled over everything those people there is nothing you can do to please them..

but when you disgruntle even reasonable people.. then you have screwed the pooch..

So yea those in as promised are happy.. those not in as promised are not..

That is it in a nut shell..

and for giggles.. I was told of this game.. so I went to the site and ordered the game..

What I saw and read was.. Pre-Order and gain up to 5 days Early Access..

Thats it..

Now for me if I play now next week or next year I really don't care..

But it is the principle that a Promise as stated in the Advertisement was 5 days advanced Access and that is what I did.. If even a single person gets 5 days then Everyone gets 5 days.. So the "up to" part does not mean just ME it means everyone..

"Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities"

"Failure to Disclose It is considered false advertising under the Lanham Act if a representation is "untrue as a result of the failure to disclose a material fact." Therefore, false advertising can come from both misstatements and partially correct statements that are misleading because they do not disclose something the consumer should know."

Thats how it works..

i understand it is early game time you pretty much pay $5 for so its not really free and for all the people saying it will crash servers im pretty sure RIFT did the early game time and they were just adding servers on the fly and didn't really have to many issues .

Not known by everyone.. Just because you knew and others maybe have known do not assume that everyone follows so closely.. Many people hear of a new game go to the site see the Ad and buy the game..

All you can go on is the Advertisement.. that is what your seeing that is what counts in the contract that is made.. and it did NOT say that someone else would get 5 days while others would not..

It does not matter if they posted it in a Forum or Tweeted it.. or if the followers of Starwars and this games release knew.. It has to be in the Advertisement or it is considered false Advertising..

Simple facts here are.. The release date was given as the 20th of December..

The Ad says up to 5 days early access.. ( now what does up to mean? - well that they could startup the server up to 5 days early for people that pre-order.. NOT for some people or those that pre-ordered before others but, for ALL people that pre-ordered) That is how anyone could interpret "up to" to mean...

This is NOT a physical line this is a virtual line... so any analogy to some fast food restaurant or other physical type of release does not compare..

Think of it this way.. at a physical store front the line is one after another.. (one at a time)

but in a virtual front the line is spread out more like a starting line... (Think Marathon)

and yes they do Marthons in waves.. BUT they all go at the same day not days apart..

Yes to keep server loads reasonable they limit per server.. but this does not mean limit people from accessing all the servers..

What would have been better IMHO would have been to do the full pre access of all in one day.. this way no one would be disgruntled like they are now.. Sure some would just because they get disgruntled over everything those people there is nothing you can do to please them..

but when you disgruntle even reasonable people.. then you have screwed the pooch..

So yea those in as promised are happy.. those not in as promised are not..

That is it in a nut shell..

and for giggles.. I was told of this game.. so I went to the site and ordered the game..

What I saw and read was.. Pre-Order and gain up to 5 days Early Access..

Thats it..

Now for me if I play now next week or next year I really don't care..

But it is the principle that a Promise as stated in the Advertisement was 5 days advanced Access and that is what I did.. If even a single person gets 5 days then Everyone gets 5 days.. So the "up to" part does not mean just ME it means everyone..

"Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities"

"Failure to Disclose It is considered false advertising under the Lanham Act if a representation is "untrue as a result of the failure to disclose a material fact." Therefore, false advertising can come from both misstatements and partially correct statements that are misleading because they do not disclose something the consumer should know."

Thats how it works..

Bio's goin get trolled by a Lawyer with this now lol

In a Universe where mind reading is possible, i would think this doesn't work.

lol

Well, if we're doing this in-character...

*waves hand*

This is not the definition you are looking for. You will all stop arguing, and get along. If any of you are female, you will acquire and equip a Slave Leia costume, then send me pictures.

Well, if we're doing this in-character...

*waves hand*

This is not the definition you are looking for. You will all stop arguing, and get along. If any of you are female, you will acquire and equip a Slave Leia costume, then send me pictures.

Your no JEDI !!!! :eek:

I pre-ordered on the 14th of December. Mainly due to not knowing if Australia could get the pre-order in stores or on origin. Then after I learned I couldn't.. I had some unforeseen issues arise that cost me quite alot of money..

But I hold no illusion that I'll get Early Access anytime soon... Or even access to live before Christmas due amazon being a sucky site with bad international postage. If I get to play at all before New years... I'll be extremely surprised tbh.

Edited by Auvera