Can you really Blame us?

ExileV

First I would just like to tell all the people who are calling everyone who posts an angry complaint or remark saying that they will never pre-order anything from BioWare again a *********** whiner to back the hell off.

Can you really blame people for being disgruntled? Stop and think about it for a second. Some of you may not understand the value in money (not expecting everyone to) but to certain people, dishing out $60 to $80 is a pretty big chunk of money for a video game. Especially when, for example, I can buy a week's worth of groceries with that kind of money. So don't call people whiners and start flaming people when they feel they haven't gotten what they feel their money was worth.

I probably am also not going to pre-order another Bioware game if they EVER re-use this EGA scheme of sending waves out. I don't think my money has been well spent when I'm sitting here, wasting my time feeling annoyed every hour I check my email and still haven't received anything. A feeling, enhanced by the fact that Bioware has done next to nothing to at least tell us approximately when players will get into the EGA.

I can't help but feel annoyed at this, it's just the way I feel and I can't change it, so I'm very sorry, but spending money to feel annoyed isn't a valid purchase for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. If I pay for a game, I want entertainment and fun, not the opposite.

Anyway, please note that I'm not bashing Bioware's EGA scheme per-se. Maybe it's a good way to set up launch for them, who knows. All I'm saying is that personally it's not my cup of tea as a launch procedure and I'll take no part in any future releases that are similarly planned.

- Edit -

Been getting a lot of people saying it's people's own fault for not ordering sooner and etc. As I've said before, I didn't choose to not order in July, I would have in a heartbeat. People don't have the extra income to spend on games whenever they feel like it, idk why that is hard to understand. Like I said in a previous post, I was barely getting my rent money together in July because of a huge loss in the amount of hours for employees at that specific time at my place of work. I was also recovering from a break-up that forced me to move to a new place that I now had to pay for on my own.

to quote Adam Jensen; "I never asked for this."

:p

This is hilarious, I told everyone on these forums that people would rage over this, and i got flamed off of them.

I don't understand, this game has been in development for like 7 years, your telling me you couldn't save $60 dollars in 7 years?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not angry. I'm just confused. I really don't understand how they could stop with a week left of pre-orders to go. I mean, honestly...how many pre-orders could have been made between the 7th and now? It was really such a huge number that they couldn't do one more wave? Really confused here.

First I would just like to tell all the people who are calling everyone who posts an angry complaint or remark saying that they will never pre-order anything from BioWare again a *********** whiner to back the hell off.

Can you really blame people for being disgruntled? Stop and think about it for a second. Some of you may not understand the value in money (not expecting everyone to) but to certain people, dishing out $60 to $80 is a pretty big chunk of money for a video game. Especially when, for example, I can buy a week's worth of groceries with that kind of money. So don't call people whiners and start flaming people when they feel they haven't gotten what they feel their money was worth.

I probably am also not going to pre-order another Bioware game if they EVER re-use this EGA scheme of sending waves out. I don't think my money has been well spent when I'm sitting here, wasting my time feeling annoyed every hour I check my email and still haven't received anything. A feeling, enhanced by the fact that Bioware has done next to nothing to at least tell us approximately when players will get into the EGA.

I can't help but feel annoyed at this, it's just the way I feel and I can't change it, so I'm very sorry, but spending money to feel annoyed isn't a valid purchase for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. If I pay for a game, I want entertainment and fun, not the opposite.

Anyway, please note that I'm not bashing Bioware's EGA scheme per-se. Maybe it's a good way to set up launch for them, who knows. All I'm saying is that personally it's not my cup of tea as a launch procedure and I'll take no part in any future releases that are similarly planned.

- Edit -

Been getting a lot of people saying it's people's own fault for not ordering sooner and etc. As I've said before, I didn't choose to not order in July, I would have in a heartbeat. People don't have the extra income to spend on games whenever they feel like it, idk why that is hard to understand. Like I said in a previous post, I was barely getting my rent money together in July because of a huge loss in the amount of hours for employees at that specific time at my place of work. I was also recovering from a break-up that forced me to move to a new place that I now had to pay for on my own.

Sorry...but stop whining...Those of us that got in earlier then you bought our copies a lot earlier then you...Why should you negate our reward? It's not my fault I had the money then and there and you didnt...What would you have BW do??? I really dont mean to insult you, but you sound like a baby...We purchased first, we get to play first and the main reason they are doing it like this is to continously monitor server stability as they let more and more in...People always want the same reward but never want to put the same amount as the others have put in...sheesh

How is this thread still active?

Trolls, fanbois, flamers, etc.. Everyone jsut arguing over the same thing already posted a million times before.

Why even start a new thread? Could you not have just voiced your issue in one of the other active threads? Or was it absolutely critical for you to have your very own stage to voice your not so unique concerns?

this is hilarious, i told everyone on these forums that people would rage over this, and i got flamed off of them.

I don't understand, this game has been in development for like 7 years, your telling me you couldn't save $60 dollars in 7 years?

well if you bought all the releases last month, assassins creed, saints row, skyrim, and batman arykym city. U might hold off a week and buy swtor later.

True i couldve preordered a week ago and got in but thats not the point, i have a life , a household, a good job, and christmas is around the corner. Swtor is does not come before my family. I can wait, a day.....even a week to play this game, it really doesnt matter.

What i hate are little internet trolls like you , who complain when things dont go your way, and come around to rub everyones faces in it when they do.

You act as if the game your currently playing is god or something

please, do everyone a favor and get over yourself...

Internet troll begone

well if you bought all the releases last month, assassins creed, saints row, skyrim, and batman arykym city. U might hold off a week and buy swtor later.

True i couldve preordered a week ago and got in but thats not the point, i have a life , a household, a good job, and christmas is around the corner. Swtor is does not come before my family. I can wait, a day.....even a week to play this game, it really doesnt matter.

What i hate are little internet trolls like you , who complain when things dont go your way, and come around to rub everyones faces in it when they do.

You act as if the game your currently playing is god or something

please, do everyone a favor and get over yourself...

Internet troll begone

You had SIX months to pre-order. SIX months! You couldn't come up with 60 bucks in 6 months? You'll pay more then that in subscription costs for playing the game.

- Edit -

I am really surprised they have not quelled this thread yet.

You paid for the game that comes out on the 20th. Any early game time you get is just gravy. Plus when I pre ordered I only put down 5 bucks at my local gamestop.

And that's the sad thing, you actually only needed 5 dollars to pre-order from gamestop. Hell I pre-ordered form Amazon the first day you could and actually they haven't even charged me yet. I don't think they even charge you till the game ships.

Hell yes I can blame them. From the very beginnning BioWare has said two things about the Early access.

• 5 days of early access was not garanteed.

• The earlier you pre-order, the earlier you get in.

They said it over and over again.

If you didn't comprehend what that meant, it's your fault, because it's pretty clear. If you didn't know about the above statements, it's your fault for not doing a little more fact finding about a product you were buying.

Oh and P.S. I payed 5 dollars at Gamestop to get my pre-order fixed on July 22nd, and I was in the game on the 13th of December. I payed for the game in full last month. So all that talk about having to pay 60 to 80 bucks is BS.

Edited by Brickabrack

And that's the sad thing, you actually only needed 5 dollars to pre-order from gamestop. Hell I pre-ordered form Amazon the first day you could and actually they haven't even charged me yet. I don't think they even charge you till the game ships.

yeah we didn't get charged anything until the game shipped. Hence ordering in July was no big deal.

- Edit -

If you honestly couldn't afford 5 bucks to pre-order, you don't need to be playing in the first place.

yeah we didn't get charged anything until the game shipped. Hence ordering in July was no big deal.

But i STILL got my Early Access code and entered it the same day, and got in on the FIRST wave for what the 13th.

I bet that really boils some folks blood, I have been in since the beginning and i haven't even played half the time.

Edited by Oddzball

I probably am also not going to pre-order another Bioware game if they EVER re-use this EGA scheme of sending waves out. I don't think my money has been well spent when I'm sitting here, wasting my time feeling annoyed every hour I check my email and still haven't received anything.

Wait, you will never pre-order another game for the chance to get EGA, but will rather not pre-order it and ensure you won't get EGA?

Curious.

They'll have to do that on the 20th anyway.

This isn't actually avoiding any of that, it's just delaying it, if it is going to happen.

We'll see, BW is doing this to try and avoid all that from happening. I don't understand why so many see it as a certainty that they will fail. I'm nt saying they are bound to succeed, just that they may be able to do so.

We'll see, BW is doing this to try and avoid all that from happening. I don't understand why so many see it as a certainty that they will fail. I'm nt saying they are bound to succeed, just that they may be able to do so.

Its a fail because the gaming community is unforgiving, which means ... later on when they need us to stick around waiting for that patch, we will be spending our money elsewhere because it will be 20 years before we forget this wait.

Its a fail because the gaming community is unforgiving, which means ... later on when they need us to stick around waiting for that patch, we will be spending our money elsewhere because it will be 20 years before we forget this wait.

BAHAHAHAHAHAH....oh man....wait a sec...BAHAHAHAHAHHA

Honestly, if you would have this 6 year old mentality in-game, please dont play or play on my server...

The game isnt released until the 20th...Period...You bought (assuming you did) bought late, so you play late...Before its actually released...Besides generally MMO's, no games allow you to play early....Suck it up...It aint BW's fault yall are broke

I pre-ordered December 13th. I just want to play now. right now. I want everything now. I want my christmas presents... now. I want to go home from work.. now. I want to be level 10000 right now. I want to name my character Han Solo and I want to do it.. guess when.. right now. I want to post messages on silly forums and not understand why I am even reading them because it is not helping me play the game right now. I have to work anyway writing code because that is what I do. I guess I will do that right now.:D:o:p:o:o:D:mad::):confused:;):cool::eek::confused::mad:;):cool:

Uh no. See, I got the email from BW that said "Pre-Order goes live today. Order fast Early Access may be limited!". And I hopped on and ordered.

Until I got the email at 530am on the 13th, I had no idea when I was getting in. But based on the way it was advertised FROM DAY 1 of pre-order, I knew that the sooner I acted, the sooner I would play.

Sorry that you others chose not to. That is not entitlement that is paying attention to the available information.

Agreed... me and a buddy pre-ordered at the same time but he regestered as soon as he got his code... me waited... dudes been playing since tuesday... I was like u lucky bastard... oh well what I get for not registering as soon as I pre-ordered :/

-sixnations

I see you read NONE of that and just went off on a rant, I'll clarify so you don't make yourself look like an ***. Try to pay attention and use your powers of comprehension this time alright?

The expected charge date was DECEMBER 19th.

I chose shipping for the 20th, to be charged the day before.

I got an email STATING this was the case.

It got changed to DECEMBER 16th and I got charged before I got the email that state such.

I don't see anywhere in there where I read it was changed, that I changed it, and I made the decision, do you? You know the next time you want to go off on someone for being caught in the middle of a massive screw up such as what has gone down, you might want to actually read what they post, it'd save you a lot of effort.

Luckily I can iron it out with my bank, but I'm still not happy.

It's my fault for taking care of my family first over a video game, yes I admit that, I'm a bad bad father and husband for caring for my children and my wife and paying the hospital bills. Someone spank me or put me in jail.

Thank you for clarifying, next time put that in your original post and don't assume that people know all of the details without you giving them. You didn't say half of this stuff so don't get uppity that people commented on the information you gave instead of the information you didn't. With this new information, it's obvious that your beef is with amazon, not BW.

You're not getting the sympathy card. People take care of children and families all the time and still have the presence of mind to make sure they have $60 in their checking account for a $60 charge that they know is coming. You waited until about 4 or 5 days before you were going to be charged to put money in there, that's still your fault. So stop blaming your kids for your own screwup.