Orange belts and bracers

Illyean

so BW, what was the point in making orange belts and bracers so rare, they don't drop in FP's (at all afaik) and they very rarely drop any where else. Ive ben lucky on my smuggler and found them, not so lucky on my Shadow.

So what is the point? everything else Orange drops all over the place, it isn't even as though the equivalent stats are that hard to come by. Any notion that it helps crafters (not a joke) is ridiculous, you killed them already and seems like everything you do hurts them more.

I'd like to see orange belts and bracers dropping with the same frequency as other orange items, as 90% of your gear art sucks so badly making an orange set that can be maintained is really the ONLY way to have decent stats and decent looks, you created a system that only manages to handle stats in all other respects and as Orange was a late addition to the game its fair to say its half a system so far too.

They are rare because orange bracers and belts can be made to be on par with Rakata bracers and belts, whereas other types of orange armor cannot.

On a side note, orange weapons with an augment slot are currently better than any Rakata weapons obtainable due to the wrong mods being present in Rakata weapons.

And honestly, the orange belt from the fleet commendation vendor is easy to get as it only costs 60 fleet commendations. So really it's only the orange bracers that are super rare.

Edited by cdstephen

ok, but so what? Ive not looked at the Rakata gear so can't speak from knowledge but surely this simply means the Rakata gear (guess its a long and panful grind to get) needs a slight buff if it can seriously be outdone by a an armour and mod?

The very rare is the fun part , it would be pointless to make the bracer and belt , common.

Then you won´t feel special on your smugglar wouldn´t you :p

The whole point is that those bracers and belt are freaking rare drops .. that makes them fun .

fair comment, but what makes it fun for lots of people is making their full orange set of gear match up, not some pointless one-up-man-ship bragging rights

I would be inclined to accept the rare argument from BW if I (or any one else) seriously gave them that much credit, I just feel this far more of an oversight on their part

ok, but so what? Ive not looked at the Rakata gear so can't speak from knowledge but surely this simply means the Rakata gear (guess its a long and panful grind to get) needs a slight buff if it can seriously be outdone by a an armour and mod?

The mod would have to come from Rakata/Columni gear and the armoring would have to come from a drop during a Hard Mode/Nightmare Operation.

So, to make your orange belt much much better than your Rakata belt, you'd have to get two pieces of loot from operations; you'd have to rip the mod out of a set piece of Columni/Rakata gear and then get the armoring as well.

Even then, in most cases it would only be better by about +8 of your primary stat unless you had BiS for both the armoring and the mod.

Edited by cdstephen

The mod would have to come from Rakata/Columni gear and the armoring would have to come from a drop during a Hard Mode/Nightmare Operation.

So, to make your orange belt much much better than your Rakata belt, you'd have to get two pieces of loot from operations; you'd have to rip the mod out of a set piece of Columni/Rakata gear and then get the armoring as well.

TY. Was going to say that there's no mods that I can craft even at epic level that can match the third secondary stat on end game-ish wrist/belt gear.

I'd like to see orange belts and bracers dropping with the same frequency as other orange items, as 90% of your gear art sucks so badly making an orange set that can be maintained is really the ONLY way to have decent stats and decent looks, you created a system that only manages to handle stats in all other respects and as Orange was a late addition to the game its fair to say its half a system so far too.

no

the only redeeming thing about synthweaving and armormech are the fact that you can actually make some credits selling crafted orange belts and bracers..

please don't petition to take away the one thing those crafters have left..

I've been hunting for weeks for an orange belt...

the fleet commendation dont carry heavy belts at least on republic side

I found a heavy orange bracer finally though.

I'm starting to think orange heavy belts for guardians do not exist.

:(

• 2 weeks later...