Jedi Knight endgame (spoiler)

Axvil

Dear BW,

Yes, Luke had R2.. but given the option, I am 99.99% sure that he would have preferred to run around with Mara Jade, especially if he had the option to dress her in a slave girl bikini..

As a Sentinel, I stopped using T7 the second Kira became available, and after that he just sat on my ship, crafting, or going on crew skill missions.

Which means that when I got to my endgame and was told that I must use T7 for the final mission, he was using mostly lvl 15-16 items.

Now, I do understand -why- I have to use T7, but it would be nice if we get a bit of a heads-up about it before we land outside the sith temple. Despite the ongoing giant spacebattle, I had to turn around, go back to my ship, fly back to the Republic Fleet and start browsing the various commendation vendors for lvl 45+ armor+weapon+etc..

Needless to say, doing this totally broke immersion.

Obviously we can't just get a goody bag of T7 gear for free when we get there, but maybe he could be boosted to "heroic" level (for just this one mission), kinda like in Lotro when you solo a group quest.

I agree completely!

I was like, WHAT????? When Kira or Doc weren't available.

However, that said, the fight isn't about your companion, but about the cat and mouse game you have to play only to get one-shotted when he goes below 20%... It's broken either way.

btw, T7 dies fairly quick anyway, so I don't know that you needed him or any other companion really.

Ugh? I haven't actually fought the Emperor yet, went back to the Fleet and are still trying to get gear for T7. Though, based on what you're saying, it sounds like gearing him up is a waste of money and time :(

Is this gonna be one of those fights when I hit the Emperor twice, then run away while my madpacks are on cooldown?

Sounds like a lame ending for an otherwise cool story..

I wonder: What if you let your first attempt fail, and than come back with your strongest companion. I did that before, so why not this time? After the fight you switch back to T7.

I know that it's kinda cheating the system, but what if you have no other choice?

Edited by Ethice

I completely agree with that. a goody bag of 4 parts or something would been great so i didn't have to go back. But people complaining about the emperor being to hard and killing you is funny imo. He's the final boss... i would hope you wouldn't easily one shot it unless you knew what was coming. I died once to him, learned what he did and was ready to interrupt, also had c2 pick up the adds.

I completely agree with that. a goody bag of 4 parts or something would been great so i didn't have to go back. But people complaining about the emperor being to hard and killing you is funny imo. He's the final boss... i would hope you wouldn't easily one shot it unless you knew what was coming. I died once to him, learned what he did and was ready to interrupt, also had c2 pick up the adds.

I have read other posts that suggest there is a puzzle mechanic right before the Emperor that will score you a chest that contains upgrades for T7, it used to be bugged but hopefully that is fixed now.

I would have preferred Doc, myself, as I was Vig spec when I did that quest.

Luckily, I had given T7 a few pieces of gear here and there. Mostly orange droid gear I found while leveling up and a level 30 pistol. Which means he wasn't completely useless. However, I had to turn off all of his threat abilities and put him on DPS mode for the whole walk to the end. The last fight confused me initially which led to my death. The second time through, I let him tank the boss while I removed the illusions, then taunted the boss off him and repeated the whole process every time he spawned more illusions.

i had a seen on here that you had to have t7 so i made sure i had him in all modable gear so that way when the time game i could just slap some lvl 49 greens in and go, which i did. went and fought the emp, died the first time cause i was like *** is this. second time emp dies in 15 seconds, t7 doesnt even get to half health was totally let down by the fight. killed the whole story

i had a seen on here that you had to have t7 so i made sure i had him in all modable gear so that way when the time game i could just slap some lvl 49 greens in and go, which i did. went and fought the emp, died the first time cause i was like *** is this. second time emp dies in 15 seconds, t7 doesnt even get to half health was totally let down by the fight. killed the whole story

I read the spoiler that you can only use T7 so I did the same; have him equipped w/ modable gear, from quest rewards. I'll worry about the mod updates later. T7 is now my craft monkey until I get to the final mission.

I just did this battle. A geared T7 is a big help, but the fight is a bit odd and the mechanic is a bit of a let down overall.

You are fighting the freaking emperor, yet it seems like his best form of attack is a parlor trick. He has a single long channelled ability that needs to be interupted or you die. So if you can manage to keep track of him, he goes down easy. I was expected epic force abilities, not 10 clone emperors running around doing force lighting and making my machine lag. The only thing difficult about the battle is the lag and keeping track of the real emperor. It took me three tries to down him without using LoS tactics, with a tricked out T7 and myself in real good gear. I have had better battles with better mechanics during the course of my adventures, so it was a bit of a let down. Oh and my first attempt I had no idea what to expect and when what I saw happened I was completely unprepared.

So I would gear T7 and yourself as best as you possibly can. Forego the last speeder rank if you have to in order to get gear. You can get more money later on. Oh and the chest is stilled bugged, so don't count on it to get gear for T7.