Can't wait! Orange gear.

PutinDoesJudo

Have people missed the Dev comment from months ago then ?!? ALL craftable gear has a craftable orange recipe to match it, IF you can get the drop.

Wait, so you're saying that everything I, as an armortech, can learn from the trainer, I can potentially gain as a craftable orange/customizable schematic?

If that's true, then BW really need to buff the drop rate on these so-called schematics..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I distinctly remember reading a yellow post about them planning something about making orange social gear usable for people not Sorcerer/Sage.

As for people whining about "not enough different orange gear", there's a ton of different ones you can get, starting with black talon. That's better than having a single one from a single OP, and everyone wearing that. It's not the best, but it's a start, and I bet we'll get more soon™.

The real boost is in making craftable orange gear crittable. It becomes Best in Slot (BiS). If it crits, you get an Augment slot, meaning with the Purple changes you can rip out all of the mods, preserving your set bonus, of a high-tier piece of armor and put them into a critted orange, which also lets you put in an Augment. This is an extra +28 to +34 in a stat of your choice.

I am really disliking the augment slot on crit gear. I am a 400/400 synthweaver but unless all outfits in the game are able to be RE'd to a pattern this will be more trouble than it's worth as it will totally under mine the entire concept of what is attempting to be achieved. By making only the crafted (note ugly) armor capable of having an augment slot means now the only viable end game gear shifts from looted goods, to crafted goods. This goes from a small pool of options to an almost as small pool of options only now it's RNG + RNG + RNG based.

I really wish BW would take a look in my suggestion relating to this.

Sigh

yeah, its going to be utterly ridiculous as it stands - you'll have 90% of people wearing whatever the lowest level craftable orange gear is, because thats the cheapest way to make *****loads of it for augment slots :/ really hope they come up with a good way round this. (making it so orange cant have aug slots? thats really the only way i can see it working...)

yeah, its going to be utterly ridiculous as it stands - you'll have 90% of people wearing whatever the lowest level craftable orange gear is, because thats the cheapest way to make *****loads of it for augment slots :/ really hope they come up with a good way round this. (making it so orange cant have aug slots? thats really the only way i can see it working...)

but the only thing the change does IS to give the orange gear augment slots, so how can they make a change but not give them the augment slots when thats the only thing the change gives !?!?! !

Oh yeah here you can get a nice crit message but there's zero difference?

Edited by paspinall

The real boost is in making craftable orange gear crittable. It becomes Best in Slot (BiS). If it crits, you get an Augment slot, meaning with the Purple changes you can rip out all of the mods, preserving your set bonus, of a high-tier piece of armor and put them into a critted orange, which also lets you put in an Augment. This is an extra +28 to +34 in a stat of your choice.

How do you transfer the set bonus from a tier item to a criticly crafted orange item ? As far as i can see the set bonus is on the tier item not the mods that are on it. So in that case you give up set bonus for more states you want

Edited by FoxyWar

It still doesn't address the heart of the issue. Yes, in six months, we may be able to wear orange gear instead of tier purples. The problem is, there isn't any orange gear that's any different.

Take jedi knights for instance. Hoods for republic (they don't want hoods), and no hoods for the imperials (they want hoods). There is maybe ONE OR TWO tunics without hoods; they don't even look very good, they just happen to be a lesser of two evils.

Until they ADD ORANGE GEAR THAT LOOKS THE WAY WE WANT IT changing orange gear wearability means absolutely nothing.

Robes - need a hood toggle. Robes need to remove the excessive clip +posterior. Smugglers don't want to look like superman with a bonnet. PVPers don't want to look like garish space samurais (sentinels), etc, etc, etc. We're talking about a game with 50 levels of gear and 40 of them are AWFUL and have no connection to Star Wars at all.

Addendum: Medium armour says hi, they want you to introduce us to some bracers and belts that non-smugglers can wear.

I am republic and I like hoods. Don't speak for me.

It's a start.

There's not really a reason to add more Orange gears to the game since we can't replace base mod from Purple gears. So everyone eventually ends up with Rakata/BM gears.

Once we can wear any Orange gears we like, I'm sure it'll be trivial to add more looks to the game.

Did you even read the post? In the next major content patch they will allow removal of base purple armors and barrels and such. Unless I misread it...

It's a start.

There's not really a reason to add more Orange gears to the game since we can't replace base mod from Purple gears. So everyone eventually ends up with Rakata/BM gears.

Once we can wear any Orange gears we like, I'm sure it'll be trivial to add more looks to the game.

Indeed, here's the original post about the way the moddable epic items are going to work:

- All partially moddable purple items will be made fully moddable again, allowing the removal of the armoring, hilt and barrel.

- The set bonus of end gear purples (PVP and PVE) will be transferable to custom items.

- Some item modifications will be restricted to a certain item type. For example, some item modifications will only fit on helmets, while other will only fit on chests, etc.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=1398252

And here it's confirmed, that the changes are planned to go live in 1.2:

"Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=2417047

Edited by Jukez

How do you transfer the set bonus from a tier item to a criticly crafted orange item ? As far as i can see the set bonus is on the tier item not the mods that are on it. So in that case you give up set bonus for more states you want

Ah but at the moment we cant remove everything.

What they said they were doing in an interview was making the armourings and hilts/barrels removable and making it so that these pieces could only be put on items of the same type, so chest to chest for example, but they were also looking at making these pieces the ones that hold the set bonus too.

Make the crafted orange gear unrepairable and introduce a small chance for included mods to be damaged when the gear is damaged.

The damaged mod cannot be removed from the item.

That way orange gear will have its drawbacks ($$$ + a crafter's time) and the economy will have a constant healthy demand for crafted goods and crafted resources.

What they need to do is have orange gear not have the armor mod in it - make it so you can add an orange piece of gear on top of your other gear taking on its stats but looking like the orange piece - this would let anyone use any orange peice of gear, letting them look however they wanted, heck you could use a lvl 14 orange piece

Make the crafted orange gear unrepairable and introduce a small chance for included mods to be damaged when the gear is damaged.

That way orange gear will have its drawbacks ($$$ + a crafter's time) and the economy will have a constant healthy demand for crafted goods and crafted resources.

That would just be insane, as the top gear from all the raids and operations is Moddable gear as it is.

Jesus, man. What a horrible idea. No offense but that wouldn't even be remotely fun, in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

I distinctly remember reading a yellow post about them planning something about making orange social gear usable for people not Sorcerer/Sage.

Easiest solution?

For Social requirement gear, it alters the armor "class" dependent upon what mods are placed inside.

To use myself, an Imperial Agent, as an example? If I put a +Cunning mod into the Imperial Trooper gear, it becomes Medium Armor while if a Bounty Hunter does the same it becomes Heavy Armor.

Theres an even more easier solution:

Make a wardrobe like in rift and other games (lots of them have it)

Where you have another window (wardrobe) where you can put the item you want and you get that "apareance only" no matter what kind of armor your using on your character.

P.S to BW: Rift limits the wardrobe to class armor like warriors only being able to use plate, mages cloth <---- remove that for swtor to make it perfect ;)

Edited by Aluminio

In my humble opinion BioWare should have never jumped onto the green-blue-purple bandwagon in the first place.

Instead every single piece of gear should have been custom (orange) from the start. Look how you want to look and choose from the thousands of armor pieces and keep it updated with mods. Not enough choice? Here are some color dyes for you!

"I have a dream..."

:cool:

In my humble opinion BioWare should have never jumped onto the green-blue-purple bandwagon in the first place.

Instead every single piece of gear should have been custom (orange) from the start. Look how you want to look and choose from the thousands of armor pieces and keep it updated with mods. Not enough choice? Here are some color dyes for you!

"I have a dream..."

:cool:

I like your dream. :cool:

Maybe someone here can clear this up for me. Are they making the purple gear into "orange gear" in that it is now fully customizable, or are they just unlocking the mod so that it can be removed, but a new mod can't be put in. Because, if they are making the purple into fully customizable items, then basically, they are getting rid of purple, right?