Do You Like SWTOR In It's Current State? YES/NO

StrikeOfLight

I love it, and most people I know do. They don't hang out in the forums, though.

I don't get why people think the world doesn't feel alive, by the way. I see other players all the time, and I like the game environment in itself. I haven't had many bugs, and the few I've encountered aren't game breaking. There's plenty of stuff to improve, but I still love it in its current state. I do however agree that some of the shortcomings may affect "competitive"/hardcore players, but I've had my share of that in previous MMOs. This time I'm going to stay casual, and I have a feeling this game will consist mainly of casuals - which doesn't bother me in the least. Contrary to popular belief, hardcore players don't carry a game, casuals do.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but there is much room for improvement. Another concern is will the game have enough for me when I eventually hit 50? Or is it just raid or roll up another character.

My thoughts exactly. I'm having a lot of fun, but there are many things Bioware should do (and many more that Bioware could do) to make it even more enjoyable for me :)

Most people that would vote no already left after the first month so the yes people will win.

No

Can't select the warzone I want to play.

theres only so much Huttball i can take.

No playable Jawa race.

Horrid fps.

Edited by Ekta

No. I'm giving it a bit of time though, despite having major misgivings about the game design itself. Bugs are not going to make me quit or dislike a game, or at least be the sole reason for disliking a game. They can be fixed after all.

My BIGGEST complaint is the boring and linear gameplay. I'm from the MMO old school, apparently, so this is my biggest issue.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, BW bet on voice acting over game play and lost.

Edited by DarthWomprat

~~~~~~~~~~

CURRENT TOTALS:

42 for NO

40 for YES

12 for UNDECIDED

~~~~~~~~~~

Continue. Updating periodically.

If this is true the future of the game doesn't look too bright. From the few people who still play 50% dislikes it and will probably quit... :(

And if you take into account all the people who dislike and quit without coming to the forums...

No

And it wasn't the clunky gameplay alone. It was a lack of customer service and the loud mouthed elitist MMO players who feel they have to pick a fight with everything everyone says and that social interaction is wrong and was superseded by "you <--> google".

I regret convincing alot of my friends to buy this before launch as all our games now collect dust.

If this is true the future of the game doesn't look too bright. From the few people who still play 50% dislikes it and will probably quit... :(

And if you take into account all the people who dislike and quit without coming to the forums...

And if you take into account all the people who like and rest without coming to the forums...

Then you'd have to take into account all the people who are enjoying the games and don't come to the forums.

Works both ways.

Friendly reminder:

Please do not argue with one another, even if something someone says is bothersome to you.

This thread is meant to be a cut-above the rest. Please help it stay that way by continuing to post your opinions in a polite and civil manner.

Please try to limit responses to answers, so that this thread remains easy to read for all who wish to do so. Thank you.

~The Thread Starter

Edited by StrikeOfLight

Not at all.

Definately not. Right now it's like I'm playing WoW with lightsabres but with way more bugs.

You're only allowed one go.

Yes for me. It's not perfect by any means but my expectations were in check before launch.

Edited by Englefield

No

-Feels like a single player game

-World lacks diversity & details. Planets feel like corridors or narrow lanes or copy pasted same terrain

-Loading screens & painful travel mechanism completely restrictive & discourages exploration

-Linear path of progression

-Cutscene, voiceover killed replayability completely. My spacebar button cant take anymore.

-Lack of UI customization

-mediocre often shabby graphics. Some free to play MMOs that released years before, have better graphics

-Overall it feels Kotor 3 which is good for me to play one time 1-50, but nothing worth subscribing.

yes;

by far the most addicting yet non soul stealing mmo i have ever played.

Smooth launch was nice. The voice additions break up the mundane for a while and certain lines even the fiftieth time crack me up still and it will hit my pocket for many months to come if not years with only one threat...

and i'm not sure its well known lol ... (pso2)

would like to also add ... yay i don't forget rl, is a nice plus.

No.

While the Game has a good foundation and a lot of potential, I find the level of quality is simply horrible. There are way too many issues at launch even for a new game title (Seen quite a few launches over the years) and Quality of patches has been just horrible too. To date I belive they have actually caused more new issues than fixed old ones. Level of customer service is also un acceptable.

yes;

by far the most addicting yet non soul stealing mmo i have ever played.

Smooth launch was nice. The voice additions break up the mundane for a while and certain lines even the fiftieth time crack me up still and it will hit my pocket for many months to come if not years with only one threat...

and i'm not sure its well known lol ... (pso2)

would like to also add ... yay i don't forget rl, is a nice plus.

I agree with you! Yes I'm enjoying the game and I'm playing it a lot but I don't feel addicted to it; it's easy to get up and take care of things in real life, but it's also fun to sit down and duo with my spouse when we have a few free hours together.