mako's affection points/agreeing with decisions (spoilers)

teambff

basically the only reason i'm playing the bounty hunter is because of mako and her voice actor lacey chabert, so undeniably i will be using her pretty much all of the time.

lacey chabert has been amazing, especially as you reach nar'shaddah and she starts to become more involved.

one thing that has really annoyed me, however... is her strange liking or disliking of some of my decisions.

first of all, the idea of having someone generally disagree with most dark choices on the empire side is kind of strange, seeing how the empire is known for being the ones who would choose the dark choice.. she seems much better suited to be on the republic than she does on the empire.

she's pretty much disagreed with every single time i've chose to kill someone, and most dark choices in general.

a few examples i can remember are:

there is this huge politic agenda going on where each house is trying to gain control, i find this priceless crown of the former queen that could impact which house this one group goes with... so i hand it in and when presented with the decision to "choose self interest and give no loyalty to the empire" or "to show loyalty to the empire and put that towards good will for the thul clan", obviously... being a bounty hunter i pretty have no loyalty to anyone except myself and my crew... so i choose the self interest choice and mako doesn't approve.

how can she not approve what is the best interest for US? she's part of team, my right hand girl.. and she doesn't approve of what's best for us?

another example:

i rigged up a republic ship to explode, before it all goes boom i carry out my bounty on this legendary jedi... his apprentice, afterwards tells me to "just do it, you monster" in reference to finishing her... i proceed to shoot her with my blaster and mako makes a huge deal out of it, "she was just a bystander" , "whatever", etc.

but at the same time we're killing a ton of people aboard this ship, most likely including that padawan... i don't know how she would possibly escape the ship in time before it explodes, but even if she had survived.. then she would probably swear an oath to avenge her master and hunt me down the rest of her life which also affects mako since she's a part of my team, not to mention again we're killing a ton of people aboard the ship.

then, another example:

this sith assassin lord offers me a deal to betray the house leaders that i'm working with and assassinate them, mako immediately gives her opinion that "i don't think we should do it, so and so has been straight with us"

it gives me 2 light side choices, and 1 neutral. i chose one of the light side choices based on what mako wants and she gives me a -30 approval. the one i chose was "i already have a job". the other light side choice was "i don't work with someone so sneaky" or something, she really disapproves that i chose 1 light choice over the other both having the same result?

i mean, REALLY! it's making it quite difficult for me to make decisions that i want to make. yes, i know you can just buy a bunch of gifts and raise the approval rating but i'm way into the story and i want things to flow naturally with the story, etc.

Read her codex.

Press L, go to codex, "people of note" and find Mako.

She's light, but she likes making money. So save people, and if there are options that talk about money or making money she will respond positively.

Not correct all the time. Mako is by far the most finnickey companion in this game as for as affection gains, but I like her for that sometimes. Makes her deeper.

For example, she supposedly doesn't like support of the empire. But in situations where you take a job for them, and have the option to betray the empire for more money, or a light side choice, you sometimes get a negative, and you sometimes get a positive. It's almost random at times.

She dislikes the empire, but likes being professional. She likes credits, unless you're being too cruel.

Really, she's very "grey". My BH is dark side generally and kills people most of the time given the chance unless I get more money for keeping them alive, she still loves me.

Accept that mako is a naive bleeding heart who is too innocent for the job she is in (and why Braden never brought her out on the job), but is not always straight black and white.

Also, it is important to note that basically none of the companions follow a strict Empire/Republic attitude by design. Politics are complicated, galactic politics even more so. Think of your political party of choice, do you agree with 100% of what they say? I really like that they gave the companions depth enough to react like real people would, and didn't just tie them to a faction or alignment. Edited by penultimatejawa

Read her codex.

Press L, go to codex, "people of note" and find Mako.

She's light, but she likes making money. So save people, and if there are options that talk about money or making money she will respond positively.

what about my example about taking money and choosing self interest when i returned the queen's crown?

there's been a number of times where i chose the money choice and she didn't agree, and i lost affection points.

Also, it is important to note that basically none of the companions follow a strict Empire/Republic attitude by design. Politics are complicated, galactic politics even more so. Think of your political party of choice, do you agree with 100% of what they say? I really like that they gave the companions depth enough to react like real people would, and didn't just tie them to a faction or alignment.

you make a good point, i would just like to see her support her fellow team and especially me who has brought her along and took her under my wing, etc.

if there are choices to be made that benefit US as a team... i don't like it when she disapproves because we're a team and it's like "us vs the world".

Accept that mako is a naive bleeding heart who is too innocent for the job she is in (and why Braden never brought her out on the job), but is not always straight black and white.

hehe, i actually like that. (except another word for bleeding heart, possibly)

maybe you should write the codex entries :p