[New Blog] The Contact - Including a post about how to fix Scoundrels

MrContact

Hello Everyone

I have been working on a new SWTOR blog which mainly focus on PVP and the classes I play (Which is currently Scoundrel). My first post is about how to fix scoundrels and why our currently role in pvp doesn't belong to the game.

Link: http://thecontactmmo.blogspot.com/

Please check it out and do me a great favour by sharing it.

Mr Contact, over and out

35 pageviews but still no comments :(

Gonna add a TL;DR then.

One trick Ponies doesn't belong to the game. Ppl cry when they get killed in a few seconds, but its hard to balance without either making it OP or useless. The class should move in a new direction with less burst but slightly more sustained DPS and extra utility and control.

Discuss

The way I see it is that there is a schism between pvp philosophies:

One group believes that every class should have the capability to beat every other class. In this way class choice is subservient to skill and focuses on a more individualistic approach to balancing PvP.

The other group believes that each class should have distinct strengths and weakness a la rock/paper/scissors wherein every class has one class they can roflstomp and one class they get roflstomped from. This approach focus on a more collective/team based approach wherein a class fills a specific role, and when compliment by other classes they create a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.

I belong to the latter camp if you haven't guessed. I also play a Scrapper Scoundrel, and I've come to realize that it is much to easy for me to kill anyone. Whereas I view the class as filling the role of the anti-caster, focus mainly on lightly armored combatants. Subsequently, I believe that the armor penetration from Flechette Round gives us an unfair advantage against heavy armor opponents when heavy armor wearers should be our achilles heel, and would rather see the AP remove entirely from Flechette Round than the currently proposed nerf to K.O.

That is my 2 cents.

edit: oh did you want me to comment on the blogsite?

Edited by Donnach

The way I see it is that there is a schism between pvp philosophies:

One group believes that every class should have the capability to beat every other class. In this way class choice is subservient to skill and focuses on a more individualistic approach to balancing PvP.

The other group believes that each class should have distinct strengths and weakness a la rock/paper/scissors wherein every class has one class they can roflstomp and one class they get roflstomped from. This approach focus on a more collective/team based approach wherein a class fills a specific role, and when compliment by other classes they create a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.

I belong to the latter camp if you haven't guessed. I also play a Scrapper Scoundrel, and I've come to realize that it is much to easy for me to kill anyone. Whereas I view the class as filling the role of the anti-caster, focus mainly on lightly armored combatants. Subsequently, I believe that the armor penetration from Flechette Round gives us an unfair advantage against heavy armor opponents when heavy armor wearers should be our achilles heel, and would rather see the AP remove entirely from Flechette Round than the currently proposed nerf to K.O.

That is my 2 cents.

edit: oh did you want me to comment on the blogsite?

Indeed its a huge problem. And like you I belong to the 2nd group. The problem is we are the minority. And if Scapper actually is supposed to be a hard counter against casters it would make our class apear incredible OP since we now counter the huge Sorc / Sage majority.

As I wrote in my blog, the Devs should either get rid of the heavy burst class, thus following the 1st group, or let the burst class stay and balance around the fact that counters are the way to go. Right now they are stuck between the 2 without knowing what they are doing which makes everything a mess.

The new role I suggest is a more CC and utility orientated style that gives us some great tools against casters without making us apear totally OP. So its some sort of compromise that favours the 1st group but still can please us in the 2nd.

Ohh. It doesn't really matter whether you post here or there. I am new to blogging but would like a good start so im trying to get some attention for it.

Edited by MrContact