PvP gripe - I die a lot

Dee-Jay

And these seems to be nothing I can do about it.

Essentially this is my biggest gripe with the Guardian class in PvP. Damage is ok, utility...acceptable but god damn I just can't stop dying.

There seems very little I can actually do to escape death. Below 50% HP I'm basically a free-kill for anyone with half a brain.

As a DPS specced class, I feel our survivability in PvP is more than poor.

Saber Ward does almost nothing to mitigate incoming damage in PvP. Enure might pro-long our life by a few seconds, but death will catch up with us soon enough. those abilities aside, we really don't have much on the defensive front.

Marauders have brief invisibility and can trade 50% of their HP for invulnerability. Other classes have countless escape mechanisms, tricks or self-heals.

As a DPS Guardian...we really don't have much else.

Thoughts?

At 30% HP do this: Enure > Guardian leap to far healer/dpser > saber ward/relics > tear up anyone stupid enough to follow you over. This order can be changed up, but the guardian leap is key at about 30% health + using set items bonus + talent perk, allowing its benefits of guard leap to work on you. then you can pop enure/ward in that order, and DPS your opponent(s) down.

It takes coordination and thought into your actions but our survivability becomes pretty good in mere seconds, but it lasts just long enough to do something about it.

It may take a few precious seconds to pick who to leap to, but it can really increase your survivability, followed by your choice of defense.

It's all theory crafting but in the right cases (which every warzone has: a group of enemies and a group of friends nearby) this will save your life. It has the same range as leap, but also has no minimum range cap.

It's worth mentioning that if you're Focus dps spec'd the talent that allows resolute to heal you for 10% hp which can critically heal you! you crit/surge rate will be high already!

Defense spec is full of stuns and survivabilty in forms of procs...

We're set dude. We will soon have people switching to our class, if they aren't already....

Edited by asilos

You don't really give us much to work with here. What level are you? What's your gear looking like? Do you have a copy of your spec that we could look at? All important things that we need to know when you say "I keep dying" because then we can offer you some type of assistance or advice. Otherwise we're kinda playing pin the tail on the donkey.

I seriously wanna help you and I'm not being sarcastic at all. If you can give us some information about your character then I wouldn't mind giving you my humble advice.

I'm level 50 and I've just recently respec'ed as a DPS and I'm currently in the process of gearing myself appropriately and I've had no significant decrease in survivability since then.

You don't really give us much to work with here. What level are you? What's your gear looking like? Do you have a copy of your spec that we could look at? All important things that we need to know when you say "I keep dying" because then we can offer you some type of assistance or advice. Otherwise we're kinda playing pin the tail on the donkey.

I seriously wanna help you and I'm not being sarcastic at all. If you can give us some information about your character then I wouldn't mind giving you my humble advice.

I'm level 50 and I've just recently respec'ed as a DPS and I'm currently in the process of gearing myself appropriately and I've had no significant decrease in survivability since then.

Well I'm a Rank 42, almost full Champion geared and well-played Focus specced Guardian.

I'm confident I know what I'm doing and neither my gear or my skill is really the issue here.

I'm just complaining about the poor survivability of the class and the lack of escape tools that Marauders/Sentinels and most other classes posses.

Say I'm in combat and at 20% health. While most classes can either heal themselves, stealth away or speed away to the next power up our only option as Guardians is to charge back at the next attacker. Being at 20% HP obviously means we'll be killed fairly quickly.

It's just kind of a pet-peeve of mine because WoW's Warriors (which Guardians are obviously based on) had a lot more defensive tools and means to prolong their existence.

Essentially DPS-Guardians currently feel like WoW Warriors without:

-A Real Shield Wall (Saber Ward doesn't do much in PvP)

-Spell-Reflect

-Enraged Regeneration

-Stuns

-Disarm

-The ability to Sword and Board

Edited by Dee-Jay

The survivability isnt really low, but playing as a melee you can get yourself killed very easily. Everyone is going to say they are playing well, but that doesnt really carry much weight. Sometimes the difference can just be waiting a few seconds and let everyone engage before you charge in. If you dont know what I mean then ask.

Saber Ward can be good, but it can also be a little lame. It depends on what class is killing you when you use it. Its never bad.

Enure gives you another GCD to finish a kill.

Awe is good for staying alive and so is Guardian Leap.

Really though staying alive is all about playing the game.

As a melee do you keep pursuing your target when you feel a lot of pressure, or do you fall back?

Do you jump into the middle of the enemy and make a lot of noise or do you try to remain unnoticed? Do you try to take on groups by yourself?

Are you CCing people who arent your main target?

Are you LoSing your own support?

Are you overextending?

When people ask for help and they also say they think are playing well they usually dont want to hear they are doing something wrong. They want you to either agree with them. So if you want tips thats one thing if you just want people to tell you its not your fault you are getting killed a lot thats another.

Idock: that was some of the best truths laid down in a while on them phorumz.

I can certainly testify to wanting to feel good, question is if I AM good, which is entirely subjective if I have to answer that question myself.

Delivered without sarcasm and with helpful pointers. If I could have voted on MVP, you would have gotten my +1

As a melee DPS class in this game, you're just going to have to get used to being killed A LOT.

Nothing you can really do about it except try and run away. Though that wont really work if you're like me and tend to end up with several people on you.

I think I force push people off bridges too much or something, cause they come at me with a vengeance.