I told myself I would give this game 6 months for it to be fixed...

Torothin

I don't know if that's going to happen. Something about Eve-Onlines player influenced economy, Universe, how the PvP is, and how it encourages co-operation(on multiple levels). Well I miss that. This game is lacking something and it is just a grind for gear(so exciting).

I'm valor 59 and have my champ gear and really don't know if I want to even start going for my BM. I want to give this game the benefit of the doubt and give it the 6 months like I initially planned but I just don't know.

I would have more fun running fleets in faction warfare(eve-online) then I would playing hutt ball 90% of the time just to get a bag. BW said this game cares about PvP but so far the overall mechanics tell me otherwise. I just don't know guys. I'm losing faith and interest fast.

Every day I play less and less. Some of you may think this is the greatest game ever. But I will disagree. If only world PvP meant something and we were fighting for something then it would be great. A ranking system where PvP stats can be seen and rewards given then I might stick around. But so far, 6 months is a lot to ask. last night was the first time I spent the night reading a book as opposed to playing this game. That's not a good sign...

Get ready to be told "If you don't like it, don't play, but if you don't play we're not going to listen to you because you don't play."

You will inevitably be told this by people who have not yet experienced the problems you have but who still think they deserve the right to censor you for reasons such as "You are making my experience less pleasurable." They will say this in spite of the fact that nobody forces them to come to these forums.

Everybody who has experienced the void of endgame and the RNG pvp grind will agree with you. This is generally how these threads play out, let's see if much changes this time around.

Also pointing this out gets a lot of infractions from forum mods, but I unsubbed already so don't really care if it gets another. Might resub if in 17 days they add more stuff, let's see if that new WZ gets here fast enough.

Edited by Mhak

Apples and oranges.

To me, EVE was never really a game. It was never really FUN. Yeah, on occasion you got to do some interesting stuff, maybe even get my heart rate up once in a while. But fun? No. EVE was always somewhere between work and hobby for me. It never felt like a GAME.

SWTOR does what SWTOR does - nice story driven single player leveling experience in an MMO setting. One you can easily solo from 1-50 without ever talking to another human being. In other words, SWTOR is the best single player MMO ever made. Yes, it's an oxymoron, but in this case it is totally true.

If it's not what you are looking for in a game, then it's not. And it's not going to magically change in the next 6 months, or even next 6 years. They took the same tired old paradigm popularized by WoW, and went with it. And that's not going to change. Make your peace with it, or move on. If nothing else, EVE should have taught you that the game will never be what you want it to be, it'll always be what the developers think it should be (see Monoclegate and space barbies).

Edited by Sabbathius

Get ready to be told "If you don't like it, don't play, but if you don't play we're not going to listen to you because you don't play."

You will inevitably be told this by people who have not yet experienced the problems you have but who still think they deserve the right to censor you for reasons such as "You are making my experience less pleasurable." They will say this in spite of the fact that nobody forces them to come to these forums.

Everybody who has experienced the void of endgame and the RNG pvp grind will agree with you. This is generally how these threads play out, let's see if much changes this time around.

Also pointing this out gets a lot of infractions from forum mods, but I unsubbed already so don't really care if it gets another. Might resub if in 17 days they add more stuff, let's see if that new WZ gets here fast enough.

Regarding RNG PVP Gear: I rage every time I open a champion bag and don't see a weapon. I'm up to about 80 bags now, I think, and valor rank 55. I shouldn't be raging over something so minor, but Bioware found a way to displease me with what should be a progress-based system. In other games that I have played (Rift, Aion, WoW), there was a certain goal for which I could aim. With this game, there is no goal, there are only lottery tickets. I'm convinced that I'll get to valor 60 before I see a main-hand weapon, and that's really sad. :(

Unfortunately, Star Wars is so popular on its own that game devs feel like they have a cushion in regards to implementing engaging and useful portions of a SW MMO. Perhaps this is why the storyline and PvE seems to be top notch, and the PvP element is really lacking. They don't have to cater to PvP people because their target audience is PvE people who love Star Wars.

If this game wasn't Star Wars, and it was designed like this, they would have less than 6 months life span. Because it's Star Wars, it won't go anywhere, regardless of what they do or don't do in PvP.

I'm sick of these cry for help swtor suicide attempts...

I get that you want the game to be fixed in all the ways you think it's broken. It's not going to happen today. It might happen in the future though. That's all you're gonna get man.

So decide if you can accept it or not.

I'm sick of these cry for help swtor suicide attempts...

I get that you want the game to be fixed in all the ways you think it's broken. It's not going to happen today. It might happen in the future though. That's all you're gonna get man.

So decide if you can accept it or not.

I'm not crying for help. I'm seeing fewer and fewer of the original 50's on my server on a daily basis. Hard core players are growing bored with the game. Some peoples excuse is: "You were dumb for doing everything in game so quickly.". If this wasn't Star Wars it would not survive long.

EvE has the perfect "infrastructure" for an MMO.

Unfortunately the gameplay itself is quite slow.

If you could take a fast past combat system and marry it to EvE's infrastructure, it would be the perfect MMO.

That's why Dust is being implemented.

Regarding RNG PVP Gear: I rage every time I open a champion bag and don't see a weapon. I'm up to about 80 bags now, I think, and valor rank 55. I shouldn't be raging over something so minor, but Bioware found a way to displease me with what should be a progress-based system. In other games that I have played (Rift, Aion, WoW), there was a certain goal for which I could aim. With this game, there is no goal, there are only lottery tickets. I'm convinced that I'll get to valor 60 before I see a main-hand weapon, and that's really sad. :(

over 200 bags and i now have 2 battlemaster tokens and still havent seen the main hand weapon, the chest piece, or the bracers. Yes u will likely hit BM before it comes haha. It seems it either pops right away when u start opening bags or u never get it. Yea its pretty rage inducing.

That's why Dust is being implemented.

Dust is just an FPS in the world though.

I mean a good ship combat system.

I don't want a game where you target me and then a bunch of numbers in the background determine success or failure, I want a ship game where he with the faster reflexes wins.

I want barrel rolls and loops and 1000km/s dog fights.

I want people to have to aim to hit my ship, not right click my name out of a menu and "Keep at X km"

I also want proper zero G flight physics so I can, for example, accelerate to a speed and then turn off my engines and still be moving at the same speed, so I can then turn my ship and fly backwards while firing.

Dust is just an FPS in the world though.

I mean a good ship combat system.

I don't want a game where you target me and then a bunch of numbers in the background determine success or failure, I want a ship game where he with the faster reflexes wins.

I want barrel rolls and loops and 1000km/s dog fights.

I want people to have to aim to hit my ship, not right click my name out of a menu and "Keep at X km"

I also want proper zero G flight physics so I can, for example, accelerate to a speed and then turn off my engines and still be moving at the same speed, so I can then turn my ship and fly backwards while firing.

Thought about being able to do that in the planes on BF3 and I got goosebumps.

before the 6 months are up, there will be GW2 , hopefuly, with

-3 server/faction PvP map, for all lvls to win the week.

-pvp ranking system

-pvp gear is only esthetic

-full access to all skills and gear to PvP in wz

-synergic multiclass combos

-PvP weekly, monthly and yearly championship

-no monthly fee

before the 6 months are up, there will be GW2 , hopefuly, with

-3 server/faction PvP map, for all lvls to win the week.

-pvp ranking system

-pvp gear is only esthetic

-full access to all skills and gear to PvP in wz

-synergic multiclass combos

-PvP weekly, monthly and yearly championship

-no monthly fee

Can we say "Mass exodus of serious PvPers"?

Can we say "Mass exodus of serious PvPers"?

I'd have to question what your concept of "serious PvP" is then. If it's strafing button smashers gleeing it up in warzones and arenas, then you can all go in a mass exodus while we all watch in satisfied happiness.