Skill Crew Help

kmufc

Im playing a sage only level 11

I have :

synweathing

Archaeology

Underworld Trading

My question is should i drop underworld trading and replace with Slicing ? as im concerned that the skills i got wont make me enough credits?

Only my other 2 characters i have slicing which i know is good for credits.

The best way to group up crew skills is to read the codex under the codex tab of your journal. Every crafting skill requires a gathering skill and missions skill. The gathering will give you the bulk of the mats needed, and the mission skill will give companion gifts and then rare blue and purple mats to make the better of the schems.

You will not be making money with Synthweaving early or (and in some cases even at 400). Usually, you shouldn't be too worried about money since quests + kills + selling stuff should net you what you need. If you find you are always short on money, you many want to change careers. Synthweaving requires lots of $ investment because even if you manually grind the archaeology materials, you will need to buy or pay for underworld trading to get the luxury cloth. Not to mention the $ you lose when you RE many many many many many many many of the items you make to try to get new schematics.

There are people (like me) who get Synthweaving to get to 400 so they can make the level 50+ bracers and belts. I know that once I crit on those two items, Synthweaving will have little practical purpose and I will switch to Biochem like every other level 50 PvPer. Add to the fact these two items are BoP, there's really no purpose to keep synthweaving at level 50/skill 400 unless you have the patience to spend the money to try to make money selling level 49 items on GTN.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

Hi,thanks for the replys,what im confused about is will i make enough money?,i just know with slicing with previous toons i can find boxes on travels to slice and sell the boxes,and send companions to get lock-boxes to sell also.

With Underworld trading its it really needed? as i know its recommended for synweathing and Archaeology :

I know Archaeology is important for synweathing but im not so sure about underworld trading?

As so far using underworld trading im getting metal from the companion which i cant currently use yet as im only making low level amour

Will higher levels make use of metals with synweathing,and can i sell materials from underworld trading to make credits?

Sorry to sound dumb,im just so used to using slicing and i know the benefits it gives for credits. with my current skills for this toon im clueless,ive read up a bit but dont really understand to a certain degree.

Thanks in advance guys.