Full Medicine Tree... Not happy...

OldMarmy

Right now at level 46 I have fully invested every point in the Medicine tree. I enjoy healer and want to be the best possible. However, In very fast paced PvP such as Hutball. It seems to be a waste. For me to be most effective at healing I need to be more on the fringes of the battle and less mobile. But in order to get the Tactical advantage heals I need to be in close where I can use shiv etc, and be very mobile. (I try using Diagnostic Scan more but it requires me to be standing still to get full advantage of it's ticks.) So, being in close means I need to be prepared to do more damage to survive.

I have been dissapointed so far in trying to approach from this angle. It seems the only really good way to play operative and to PvP is to sacrifice more of the Medicine tree and go for more damage and being more mobile? Any thoughts?

Would anyone agree that if Diagnostic Scan could be used while moving it would be a great help?

Thanks,

Marm

Rolling HOT's and Direct heals provide plenty of TA generation capacity at range. Challenge of huttball is you get focus targetted and lack ways to clean your backside once you spend your flashgrenade CD. Long open sitelines for the tanks to grapple or charge 30 range attacks from which your only escape is to vanish etc...

Huttball definitely my least favorite on my operative. My PT loves grappling ball carriers into flames.

if you keep rolling your hots on everyone you get tons of TA. or just do your heal followed by a free probe for alot of healing.

Thanks. I have been trying that with some good sucesses. It does make a difference with "medical engineering".

Any tips on how to order your skills to get the best advantage? I only recently figured out that the often use of shiv made a great deal of difference in getting more tactical advantage. Dumb of me I know.. I always favored backstab for more damage. But was missing out on how shiv gave instant proc on TA.

Rolling HOT's and Direct heals provide plenty of TA generation capacity at range. Challenge of huttball is you get focus targetted and lack ways to clean your backside once you spend your flashgrenade CD. Long open sitelines for the tanks to grapple or charge 30 range attacks from which your only escape is to vanish etc...

Huttball definitely my least favorite on my operative. My PT loves grappling ball carriers into flames.

Yep. I guess, the idea of going operative is to be able to be more in on the front lines on openers but fade out to the fringes afterwards. With hutball that's very challenging if you want to focus on healing. But not so bad if you have some more dps advantages. I may try more of a hybrid and be happier.

Diagnostic scan is worthless in pvp! (as most place) I skip those talents as well.

As people stated probe (kinky) everyone to get TA's and keep stim boost up.

Edit: It also helps to appear not as healer hiding somewhere. You are not going to keep one person up if they are being focused. So get in there HOT everyone, stab, stun, slow, dot the rest of the republic.

If you can use those corners to pop in an out of view from enemies. I struggle the most on that turrent map.

Edited by Phanatik

Diagnostic scan is worthless in pvp! (as most place) I skip those talents as well.

As people stated probe (kinky) everyone to get TA's and keep stim boost up.

Thanks. I don't think I have been doing a good job with stim boost. I will have to make that more accessable on my hotkeys.

Thanks. I don't think I have been doing a good job with stim boost. I will have to make that more accessable on my hotkeys.

It's a pain at times, but 3 extra energy a second no matter what recharge rate ur at? HUGE (i think its 3)

Also I believe their was a thread around here saying medical therapy isnt giving the actual bonus.

IMO Stim boost needs an overlapping active time (active 45 seconds CD 40 seconds)without talents. Expectially since I can't get i cant get the talent without skipping the top tier healing ability.

It's a pain at times, but 3 extra energy a second no matter what recharge rate ur at? HUGE (i think its 3)

Also I believe their was a thread around here saying medical therapy isnt giving the actual bonus.

IMO Stim boost needs an overlapping active time (active 45 seconds CD 40 seconds)without talents. Expectially since I can't get i cant get the talent without skipping the top tier healing ability.

Just chiming in to correct you, it's 3 energy per 3 seconds. So an additional energy per second.