Illum exploiting has consequences

ZeusThunder

While in Huttball --

Me: (Ops leader) can you mark the (player) merc and (player) sorcerer healer?

Ops Leader: I didn't buy the thing from the NPC to mark other players

Ops leader was valor rank 67 by the way, and had mostly centurion gear. This is what the state of PvP is now with people kill trading in Illum. Fresh "battlemasters" who don't know how to PvP and are leading ops groups.

I find it absolutely telling about the state of pvp in this game when the "wah I want a white lightsaber crystal" post gets 3-4 comments from csr, or devs, or whatever you want to call them...

And you scan through and see how many of them have replied to a pvp thread, or said anything about the current state of illum, or commented about the numerous posts about valor trades.

I find it absolutely telling about the state of pvp in this game when the "wah I want a white lightsaber crystal" post gets 3-4 comments from csr, or devs, or whatever you want to call them...

And you scan through and see how many of them have replied to a pvp thread, or said anything about the current state of illum, or commented about the numerous posts about valor trades.

Thats because they lock those friends within minutes. Bad press is bad for business.

Where in the game does BW teach the players about marking players or that it even exists. I found it by accident.

Where does BW tell you about the left and right hand speeders in the ready room?

Where does BW tell you about what each of the bonus items do that you can run and get in a WZ.

Sure players need to wake up and learn too but when there is no manual per se and no tutorials once you reach pvp level the failure is more on the devs than the player.

Everyone one on the forums things that 99 percent of the player base is also on the forums it is more like 10 percent or less.

Did you explain to the guy how to mark people? If not you are as just as much of the problem as the OP leader. At least he took it upon himself to create a group and try.

Not everyone plays 24/7. I really don't expect casual players to know everything.

Where in the game does BW teach the players about marking players or that it even exists. I found it by accident.

Where does BW tell you about the left and right hand speeders in the ready room?

Where does BW tell you about what each of the bonus items do that you can run and get in a WZ.

Sure players need to wake up and learn too but when there is no manual per se and no tutorials once you reach pvp level the failure is more on the devs than the player.

Everyone one on the forums things that 99 percent of the player base is also on the forums it is more like 10 percent or less.

Did you explain to the guy how to mark people? If not you are as just as much of the problem as the OP leader. At least he took it upon himself to create a group and try.

Not everyone plays 24/7. I really don't expect casual players to know everything.

I wouldn't expect someone who is say, valor 45 to know the things you've described above. I would expect someone who is a rank 67 battlemaster to know these things though. The point is that when people trade kills in Illum you now have players in Warzones that don't have the experience we used to be able to expect by their valor level.

While in Huttball --

Ops leader was valor rank 67 by the way, and had mostly centurion gear. This is what the state of PvP is now with people kill trading in Illum. Fresh "battlemasters" who don't know how to PvP and are leading ops groups.

Perhaps he was unlucky with bags.

You do know that its all luck based for getting gear, right?

While in Huttball --

This is actually precisely the reason why I eventually went and did buy "that thing from the NPC" after all...

Are you in america by chance? I've never seen such nonsense from EU players.

Not once, not ever, in any pvp game i've played to date in swtor, and thats all I do now, have I ever seen anyone mark other players. Its just not an issue.

I can see the advantages - but to have a rant about it - nah.

Are you in america by chance? I've never seen such nonsense from EU players.

Not once, not ever, in any pvp game i've played to date in swtor, and thats all I do now, have I ever seen anyone mark other players. Its just not an issue.

I can see the advantages - but to have a rant about it - nah.

Just choosing not to do it is one thing, but being valor 67 and not even having a clue that this option exists?

I saw funny marks appear and tried right click as soon as I got the chance...

I'd love to answer your questions with "it's in the manual". But the manual is really not that great... I mean not that anyone actually reads those, but it's just not very good as a manual.

That's a good point, too; however, I mention it in almost every CW game I'm in and people still don't use them.

They actually tell you lies. It's not an "expertise bonus". It's a bonus to the numbers that expertise also affects. A 15% expertise bonus would be utterly worthless if you don't have expertise, but it actually adds a 15 percent point flat increment to the relevant bonuses.

Just to be clear, there is a manual. If you bought digitally, you can read it at http://www.swtor.com/gamemanual (I'm assuming the physical version included a booklet? No idea though.)

This was a warzone. He didn't take it upon himself to create a group and try. He became ops leader by virtue of having the highest valor (when that actually works, that's what's supposed to happen I think), which is precisely the OP's point.

I rarely see marks placed in WZ PUGs. I didn't realize it was an option until about 10 valor ranks ago, and then just stumbled across the item last night. Heh. But I'm still low enough rank to not be ops leader for quite some time.

There's a lot of "tribal knowledge" in the WZs. Not all of it is obvious, and depending on your chosen role, it might not even be that important in PUGs.

Edited by ZenBones

Just choosing not to do it is one thing, but being valor 67 and not even having a clue that this option exists?

If I had not seen the item in the vendor list, I wouldnt know the option existed in game and a lot of people ignore the social levels so dont use the social vendor. There is certainly nothing that tells people about it. To be honest, I wasnt even sure if the device actualy did what it said on the tin and it was of so little importance that i couldnt be bothered to 1) buy it and see or b) ask anyone about it.

Just explain to the guy what it is and what the advantages are and move on but its not something to get bent out of shape over or even a requirement of pvp.

If I had not seen the item in the vendor list, I wouldnt know the option existed in game and a lot of people ignore the social levels so dont use the social vendor. There is certainly nothing that tells people about it. To be honest, I wasnt even sure if the device actualy did what it said on the tin and it was of so little importance that i couldnt be bothered to 1) buy it and see or b) ask anyone about it.

Just explain to the guy what it is and what the advantages are and move on but its not something to get bent out of shape over or even a requirement of pvp.

QFT fo sure

Very good troll

Yeah, I found that rather strange myself...of all the issues...really?! A **edit**ing saber crystal?!

I can see lighting people up on Ilum with markers. Do markers stay even after they die? If not who has the time to be looking around and marking people especially in Huttball. Maybe if you are roflstomping a team and are at center farming you might have time......

BW needs to create walk through's for the pvp instances and explain these things in missions. Other games have done this.

If you don't know what you are doing in a warzone and are leader give it to someone who does.