Ridiculous Time Sinks - Post yours..

Murferoo

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On republic..

Having to run from one NPC to one as far away as possible in the Senate Plaza building - total time about 5 minutes of running.

Going from one planet to another.... Who came up with the brilliant idea that people need to run through three to five loading screen to get into their ship and then run through 3-5 more to get onto the planet for a total of 6-10 (transitions). Seriously??

SWTOR is basically a pretty decent game but I would think that 15 years of MMO development could drop some of the more ridiculous time sink requirements.

Going from one planet to another doesn't feel like a journey, it feels like a chore. It's entirely not fun and frankly, just leaves me feeling resentful and tired.

Once we get to 50 - can we have some sort of toggle that just removes that crap? It's not necessary - no - really!

OMG i mean seriously, i can remember when i had to go from one end of azeroth to the other then back which took about 15 mins each way on a taxi and then wait 7 mins for a boat to kalimdor to take another taxi to felwood to then run for another 10 mins through felwood into winter and then into the scar and buy something on an imp and then run all the way back to felwood, get a taxi back then on the boat to azeroth and fly to ironforge to hand in the quest which then sent me back north into plague lands to see some chick behind a house, now that was a time sink.

Seriously your complaining about having to run for 5 mins to an npc.

Edited by Shingara

OMG i mean seriously, i can remember when i had to go from one end of azeroth to the other then back which took about 15 mins each way on a taxi and then wait 7 mins for a boat to kalimdor to take another taxi to felwood to then run for another 10 mins through felwood into winter and then into the scar and buy something on an imp and then run all the way back to felwood, get a taxi back then on the boat to azeroth and fly to ironforge to hand in the quest which then sent me back north into plague lands to see some chick behind a house, now that was a time sink.

Seriously your complaining about having to run for 5 mins to an npc.

I would gladly wait on a 10-minute in-game flight movie instead of having to sit through a half dozen loading screens each time I change planets.

I would gladly wait on a 10-minute in-game flight movie instead of having to sit through a half dozen loading screens each time I change planets.

Im guessing by you saying that you are one of the peeps with bad loading times cos my loading times only take 30 seconds.

Edited by Shingara

Im guessing by you saying that you are one of the peeps with bad loading times cos my loading times only take 30 seconds.

Loading up Tatooine (or any of the larger planets, really) can take 3-5 minutes. The Fleet usually takes about 2 minutes.

Not to mention I get that stupid splash page every time I take an elevator.

Edited by Greyfeld

I'm afraid of breaking my computer if I try to do anything to it.

Hmm i can see where your coming from, its very scary to mess about with a pc brains when your not 100% sure what your doing cos if it messes up there is every chance you wont know how to undo what you have done so no cowardice there on your part.

See if you can find a program called 3dmark vantage. its free and does nothing except benchmark your pc for you, it can flash up if there are any problems on your pc. its not fool proof but it should give you a good idea if something isnt quite right. Obviously it is mainly tailored to graphics but im not 100% sure if there is a test for hardrives as that will be the primary reason for slow load times.

here is the ram drive topic anyhows, its very well written and all info you could possibly need. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=154568

Edited by Shingara