Scrappers, DONT WORRY, Nerf is a joke!

Cynders

No offence, but jumping a 13k hp sorc in greens does not make the scoundrel OP.

With my vanguard my HIBs crit for 3k+ and I have 30m range, sure a 15 sec cd but I have 45% chance to reset them on a stockstrike or 30% chance on an ion pulse.

And Im not even full DPS specd. Im full assault but running remaining points into shield, and using ion cell for survival.

My point is. As a vanguard running with tank stance for 60% additional armor...When I pop assault plastique and time in an HIB, I can guarantee that my burst is higher then that of a scrapper. But I can stay at 30m range or get in close within 10m to unload all my other abilities. And I can have 3 people bonking of me and just /laugh and walk away, which you cant.

The nerf was uncalled for, and thats that.

I see an operative and he jumps me. Sure he takes of maybe 3k damage at tops, since Im running ion cell with 60% armor and a shield, but Im dps specd.

By the time the operative have taken off 40% of my health he is dead as disco.

Ok so I have a tank class and I know yuo guys have a hard time with them.

But pre patch, an operative that jumped me would have a fair chance, now..not even a single one.

When you as scrappers cant even dent the bubble of a sorc with your shoot first and flechette round then something is wrong, cause you honestly dont have much after that, and need to stay close. Scoundrels interupt is on a 12 second cd. Vanguards is 8, 6 with talents.

As a tank dps vanguard Im 100% better at killing healers then a scrapper scoundrel.

Im a lot better at killing tanks, and alot better at killing melee. As a matter of fact, I do more damage in my tank stance with assault spec then you do as a scrapper glass cannon.

And I just think its wrong.

I kind of enjoyed when an operative jumped me and just beat me to pulp, cause I know we have our scrappers too.

Your needed to be able to thin out the opposition.

A well played sorc with a friend, you would never ever kill pre patch anyway.

They just jump, your knocked back and then comes a friend.

The times you get 1vs1 in warzones happens but is rather rare.

If you are not able to get your target down fast then you die and they survive.

I think though its ok with the nerf to shoot first, but I think flechette round should keep 50% armor penetration and I think Sucker punch should have its damage increased by 15%

Thats it, you would not be able to insta gib someone but have more sustained damage.

30% arp?

I have 90% arp as a vanguard on my HIBs.

And high geared vanguards hitting on soft targets easy do 4k crits with HIB on softer targets, or even tanks, since you have 90% armor penetration.

I just dont understand the nerf.

Or hey....30% of imps play sith inq sorc, since its an incredibly overpowered class, and they dont want someone to ruin their fun.

A rogue in wow or assasin classes in dark age of camelot, or lets look at the witch hunter in warhammer online. They all did even better then what the scrapper, operative did pre nerf.

And if you in battlemaster gear can kill a low geared?

You know..when I had blue and lvl 49 epic gear with my vanguard, I was killing battlemaster operatives and other classes. Do I need a nerf? No, the class is balanced.

The only class that needs a nerf is sages and sorcs, and thats it, other then that its perfectly balanced. Thats my opinon.

Your a god.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence, but jumping a 13k hp sorc in greens does not make the scoundrel OP.

With my vanguard my HIBs crit for 3k+ and I have 30m range, sure a 15 sec cd but I have 45% chance to reset them on a stockstrike or 30% chance on an ion pulse.

And Im not even full DPS specd. Im full assault but running remaining points into shield, and using ion cell for survival.

My point is. As a vanguard running with tank stance for 60% additional armor...When I pop assault plastique and time in an HIB, I can guarantee that my burst is higher then that of a scrapper. But I can stay at 30m range or get in close within 10m to unload all my other abilities. And I can have 3 people bonking of me and just /laugh and walk away, which you cant.

The nerf was uncalled for, and thats that.

I see an operative and he jumps me. Sure he takes of maybe 3k damage at tops, since Im running ion cell with 60% armor and a shield, but Im dps specd.

By the time the operative have taken off 40% of my health he is dead as disco.

Ok so I have a tank class and I know yuo guys have a hard time with them.

But pre patch, an operative that jumped me would have a fair chance, now..not even a single one.

When you as scrappers cant even dent the bubble of a sorc with your shoot first and flechette round then something is wrong, cause you honestly dont have much after that, and need to stay close. Scoundrels interupt is on a 12 second cd. Vanguards is 8, 6 with talents.

As a tank dps vanguard Im 100% better at killing healers then a scrapper scoundrel.

Im a lot better at killing tanks, and alot better at killing melee. As a matter of fact, I do more damage in my tank stance with assault spec then you do as a scrapper glass cannon.

And I just think its wrong.

I kind of enjoyed when an operative jumped me and just beat me to pulp, cause I know we have our scrappers too.

Your needed to be able to thin out the opposition.

A well played sorc with a friend, you would never ever kill pre patch anyway.

They just jump, your knocked back and then comes a friend.

The times you get 1vs1 in warzones happens but is rather rare.

If you are not able to get your target down fast then you die and they survive.

I think though its ok with the nerf to shoot first, but I think flechette round should keep 50% armor penetration and I think Sucker punch should have its damage increased by 15%

Thats it, you would not be able to insta gib someone but have more sustained damage.

30% arp?

I have 90% arp as a vanguard on my HIBs.

And high geared vanguards hitting on soft targets easy do 4k crits with HIB on softer targets, or even tanks, since you have 90% armor penetration.

I just dont understand the nerf.

Or hey....30% of imps play sith inq sorc, since its an incredibly overpowered class, and they dont want someone to ruin their fun.

A rogue in wow or assasin classes in dark age of camelot, or lets look at the witch hunter in warhammer online. They all did even better then what the scrapper, operative did pre nerf.

And if you in battlemaster gear can kill a low geared?

You know..when I had blue and lvl 49 epic gear with my vanguard, I was killing battlemaster operatives and other classes. Do I need a nerf? No, the class is balanced.

The only class that needs a nerf is sages and sorcs, and thats it, other then that its perfectly balanced. Thats my opinon.

Way to get your class nerfed, bud(and they cry for merc's nerf)...

Hi there, 65 BM Scoundrel here.

Instead of 5k with ShootFirst i hit for 3.5k, but the rest of abilities still hit the same. I am geared though, i still can kill in one KO.

"but the rest of abilities still hit the same", how can this be true with a 20% armor pen nerf?

There has been a significant reduction in dps output, which is mitigated in PVP (only) by the potential for extended stun lock. Seems a bit silly when you put it like that doesn't it?

Which just means that the class needs to be nerfed further.

I'm a scoundrel player, so don't accuse me of class bias. Simply put, you shouldn't be able to kill another player in battlemaster gear with a single stunlock. It's bad for PVP and bad game design.

You sure about that? So we get one easy kill in, then we're dead assuming the other TEAM is competent.

Unless your context is 1v1? Or zerg, mindless pug pvp which is really a bunch of 1v1 in the same area, in which case how can they try and balance against that?