Cosplay and Photoshop/GIMP thread

lugosie

Theres lots of different options when it comes to making costume armor, sintra is but one of them. Its my medium of choice because it cuts well, is sandable, and take primer and paint like a pro. Its heat shapable, which means that it can be put into hot water and formed, or shaped by heating the plastic with a heat gun, the kind used for stripping paint. Ive seen folk use a hair dryer to great success as well.

Other options are patterns on card stock, with a light coating of fibre glass resin inside and out, then smoothed out with auto body filler, cardboard/resin mix, metals, pulls from molds in fibreglass, you name it. It all depends on the end result you want, the time, and the cost put into it. that being said, I have seen some excellent and well done suits using cardboard from cut up boxes, foam, rubber. Takes longer to work with, but the results cant be beat.

SWTOR has...way to many good looking armors and robes that I do want to make, it just so happens that Obsidian here was a weekend project for fun to see what could be done. With the TOR trailers, and the Sith warrior with that full face mask is my next project. I will be sculpting that mask and castig it in a bondo/resin mix and the rest of the armor will be sintra based.

Yeah, see when I was looking into making BH armor, I was debating using sintra like you said, or just cutting it out of foam and covering iwth fiberglass and resin, since i'm use to that technique. Been also wanted to make Halo armor, in the color pink, so was debating how to go about it.

my daughter and I are attending the AnimeconSTL and she will be going as Darth Talon. For that we got a red zen suit. I am going to make the Lekku out of foam and liquid latex.

should be fun!

For armor I use craft foam and Styrene...this is part of my anime costume armor now:

http://i43.tinypic.com/wmo5qd.jpg

Very nice! I love it! If I had the time and money, I'd make a mold and pour liquid latex in to form the lekku, but that'll probably have to wait till the end of this year heheh.

Was directed here by Xanvai

I'll ask my question here :)

"Anyone know somewhere that makes/sells a Revan cosplay outfit? Been looking around and to no success, everywhere I see people selling Anakin, Custom Jedi/Sith Robes, or self made stuff, which I have no skill/knowledge whatsoever for to do myself."

Unless someone here would like to take up the task ;)

When I say Revan, I mean his TOR Jedi outfit (with he hood), not the Kotor one ^^;

So I'm going to be working on a HUGE project for PAX in Seattle this year. The idea? Make a Hutt Ball team. I'm going to be making a Battlemaster Trooper with a Frogdog/Rotworm logo on his shoulder. My friend is going as a Twi'lek smuggler and we plan to make a flag and an actual Hutt Ball. If you're interesed in being part of the team, PM me so we can collaborate our costumes as a team! Oh I'll also be making a blog on Tumblr showing my progress as soon as my kit comes in.

Hmm, I need to do a SW themed costume one of these days. I've done several others (posted on page 99 of the RL photo thread), but no SW yet.

I'm contemplating a slave outfit, but find the metalwork intimidating, (even the metal-like stuff). I've done mostly sewing type costume creations so far.

~ Cerilynn

I would like to make a Imperial slave costume, which I would do all out of fabric, only small details made out of metal. I like the costumes tho :]

So I'm going to be working on a HUGE project for PAX in Seattle this year. The idea? Make a Hutt Ball team. I'm going to be making a Battlemaster Trooper with a Frogdog/Rotworm logo on his shoulder. My friend is going as a Twi'lek smuggler and we plan to make a flag and an actual Hutt Ball. If you're interesed in being part of the team, PM me so we can collaborate our costumes as a team! Oh I'll also be making a blog on Tumblr showing my progress as soon as my kit comes in.

Gahhh, wishing I lived in Seattle :[

I really laughed out loud at this one :D

Also, check the link in my sig for some amusing "cosplay"... I don't know the guy and didn't run into him unfortunately - damn it that my workplace is far from the center!

Edited by archifikoss

I really laughed out loud at this one :D

Also, check the link in my sig for some amusing "cosplay"... I don't know the guy and didn't run into him unfortunately - damn it that my workplace is far from the center!

LOL oh that's so hilarious xD I liked the dude with the blue hair. "You speak Greek?" xD

LOL oh that's so hilarious xD I liked the dude with the blue hair. "You speak Greek?" xD

I laughed the most at the "Athens Wolf"... Poor little guy got quite the start :o Though Louk the riot dog would've probably thought he was a riot control officer and gone for him, lol...

And no, this wasn't a shameless bump for a cool thread encouraging people to show their creative side. Most definitely not :cool:

I'm gonna be working on a Chiss Jedi costume. ^^ I've kinda already decided on the robe, after seeing one online that I really like. It's more of a Prequel style robe, but I rather enjoy the cloak, may change the actual tunic to something more... TOR-ish.

I'm gonna be working on a Chiss Jedi costume. ^^ I've kinda already decided on the robe, after seeing one online that I really like. It's more of a Prequel style robe, but I rather enjoy the cloak, may change the actual tunic to something more... TOR-ish.

Very nice :D How do you plan on executing the eyes? Mesh red contacts?

Hm. I'm actually trying to decide on the eyes, maybe see if I can get some "special ordered" contacts. :p

Yeah, I could see maybe full-eye red mesh contacts, only problem with that is it'd be very very hard to see through, you'll only be able to make out rough light/dark shapes through them. Otherwise, maybe full-eye red contacts, but have a hole in the middle for your pupil. You could always photoshop the pupil out later if you really wanted to. Even with contacts that have a hole for your pupil, you'll have a haze of color around everything you see, that's what I experienced with my yellow contacts for my Mystique, but you'll still be able to see everything clear straight ahead.

Edited by Xanvai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hey folks,

I thought I'd put my stuff here.

I have made a Darth Revan (Kotor) and Revan (swtor) costumes and cosplay at conventions

Some already know me but if you don't have facebook or twitter you probably don't.

Don't really know how to put pics on here so here is my Twitter and FB address.

Check my stuff out. Hope you like it..

Twitter

https://twitter.com/TheRealCyberelf

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/DarthRevan.Aridan