the real fundamental flaw of marauders/jugs vs any other class

lord_mitoh

It's pretty simple when you think about it, there's something mara's/juggs have to do that no other class does.

Warm-up

That's it in a nutshell. Every other class starts out with full force/full energy bar/empty heat bar(abilities cause heat), we start out with an empty rage bar, and have to build it to use our higher end combos and attacks, often to full in order to do a full/top end rotation. This also includes fury, of which we can instantly fill it up only once every 2minutes 15 seconds(gear+skill tree expertise) to 3 minutes.

Snipers and some other classes have to use 1-3 abilities to get some buffs up to do some of their best rotations, however we have to do 3 abilities to build up rage to use 3+ more abilities to build up buffs to do our best rotations. While we do our 6x1.5second=9 seconds of abilities to prep up for our best rotation, other classes have done their rotation already.

Fundamentally we have to have rage built up before we can be on par with everyone else. So starting out in huttball mara's are innatly behind in dps until the first kill or until they've beat on someone to get full rage then move onto another target, where any other class is already ahead of the game.

What I would like to see is channel hatred build our rage pool to 12 if you let it run its full duration. It can still wear off at the same speed. I think it by itself would help bring us in par. You can't use it while in combat anyway so the only "advantage" would be to bring us on par with everyone else. Just my 2 cents anyway.

I'd rather push a boulder down a big hill that leads to a plateau than push one on a plateau that leads to a big hill.

Sure we have a slight ramp up but once that speed bump is dealt with we have no need to throttle back because we are running out of resources....ie heat energy force etc.

Besides, is anyone having problems generating rage? If anything I'd like more ways to dump it into outgoing damage.

I'd rather push a boulder down a big hill that leads to a plateau than push one on a plateau that leads to a big hill.

Sure we have a slight ramp up but once that speed bump is dealt with we have no need to throttle back because we are running out of resources....ie heat energy force etc.

Besides, is anyone having problems generating rage? If anything I'd like more ways to dump it into outgoing damage.

agree

I do not find that i have a hard time building rage but i do agree with you, it can be a slow start when you have no rage. As you said other classes start off with full bars which allows for good burst dmg right from the beginning.

Maybe a solution would be an 'Enrage' ability, usable every minute or two that would give us like 6 rage or something. It would compensate for those times when you start a fight with nothing... id even be happy if it would be just usable out of combat.

Cheers!

I do not find that i have a hard time building rage but i do agree with you, it can be a slow start when you have no rage. As you said other classes start off with full bars which allows for good burst dmg right from the beginning.

Maybe a solution would be an 'Enrage' ability, usable every minute or two that would give us like 6 rage or something. It would compensate for those times when you start a fight with nothing... id even be happy if it would be just usable out of combat.

Cheers!

Impossible! You will cease these unfathomable flights of fancy immediately! Good day sir!

Cheers!

God forbid we have a way to build rage out of combat, for when we know stealthies are around!!! That would seem almost logical, clearly this has no place in the game!!!

We don't lose all that much DPS on the first few seconds anyway, Ravage is a great ability to start out with, and Force Charge gives us 3 rage (4 with talents) which is enough to start you off.

I don't really understand why you're complaining about this.

God forbid we have a way to build rage out of combat, for when we know stealthies are around!!! That would seem almost logical, clearly this has no place in the game!!!

Pop force camo when they appear, sneak away, force leap back. Now you've got lots of rage.

Seriously, there are problems with this class, and this isn't it. Rage makes perfect sense to the class, we build up a rhythm as we fight. Its the whole reason we have rotations.

I'd much rather have more ways to SPEND rage. Give me force push and force pull.

If you want mana, go play assassin.

Edited by miliways

I just don't like the fact that our spammable rage builder only gives one rage AND hits like a wet noodle. Either up the damage on it, or make it give two rage per swing.

Ahem.

Oh wait, you meant spammable. Excuse my snark. Regardless, I think more often than not I have more rage than I know what to do with.

Edited by el_pinko_grande

the only flaw with this is class, is the people playing it rather QQ on the forums and announce how bad they are then take the time to LEARN TO PLAY.

If you do not like then class then do not play it. Devs have said its the most complex class, if you are not able to handle that go play the 2 button class of a merc BH, or if Sorc are so damn good go play one of them. However stop QQing about this class, because it is not broken, you just lack the ability to play it well, that does not make the class broken it makes you a baddie.