The Operative Nerf

Reenolols

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or break the stun after they use 2nd one(because they will instead of stabbing you for another 3k) which will leave operative with stun on CD and us with some HP to actually fight back.

You'll still be stunned for 3 seconds and you still have to use your CC break. Our stun is on a 30s cooldown btw, so I find it a good trade off. Nothing has changed, the qq'ing will continue.

Before, after an opener you would be able to break CC and sprint away/shield-up/whatevah because your RESOLVE BAR would fill up from the Ops/Scoundrel Opener. There was nothing that they could do to CC you after that opener.

NOW that opener doesn't fill your resolve bar. So, after a 1.5 sec opener, we stun you agani for another 4 seconds (2.67 GCDs) and when THAT wears off, we can root you or just finish you off with a ranged hit (if you're not dead already).

Before you had a chance. Now you HAVE NO CHANCE!! Regardless of what class you play, how fast you are, or how good you are. ALL GAME MECHANICS ARE NOW AGAINST YOU!

ALL CLASSES NOT OPS/SCOUNDRELS ARE NOW FREE KILLS!!

Before, after an opener you would be able to break CC and sprint away/shield-up/whatevah because your RESOLVE BAR would fill up from the Ops/Scoundrel Opener. There was nothing that they could do to CC you after that opener.

NOW that opener doesn't fill your resolve bar. So, after a 1.5 sec opener, we stun you agani for another 4 seconds (2.67 GCDs) and when THAT wears off, we can root you or just finish you off with a ranged hit (if you're not dead already).

Before you had a chance. Now you HAVE NO CHANCE!! Regardless of what class you play, how fast you are, or how good you are. ALL GAME MECHANICS ARE NOW AGAINST YOU!

ALL CLASSES NOT OPS/SCOUNDRELS ARE NOW FREE KILLS!!

Lol, exactly this.

I think you assume people were upset with your stun. Maybe some were, but my issue was with you taking people to 25% health before they stood up. As long as the burst is reduced enough that this doesn't happen in the 5.5 seconds of stun, that's fine with me.

I don't mind you being able to CC - everyone else can, after all.

I think you assume people were upset with your stun. Maybe some were, but my issue was with you taking people to 25% health before they stood up. As long as the burst is reduced enough that this doesn't happen in the 5.5 seconds of stun, that's fine with me.

Just means next nerf will be ops again, to change the stun durations/resolve building. Mark my words.

Well, a 20% damage reduction and 20% armor pen reduction does not make up for an extra 2.5 seconds of stun, sooo....

To all the qq'ers: You'll now be hit for around 1k less on the opener. You will however, be stunlocked for 7 seconds at a time. Enjoy it. I find it hilarious.

how do you get 7 seconds? (1.5 on shoot first, and 4 sec dirty kick equals 5.5 sec stun?) Am i missing something here?

was on my scoundrel earlier on ilum grabbing sith who ventured off on their own. One in particular was getting very frustrated with me and started trying to taunt me that I was gonna be nothing after they nerfed me for being FOTM. I just laughed.

^^ This

This is more in line with how a Shadow/Assassin works. The short stun out of stealth is low resolve cost so you can follow it with the longer force stun after that wears off. Most people (sadly) will use their CC break on the opener and then have to eat the full duration of the big one.

It is basically the old cheap-shot/kidney-shot rogue opener from WoW.

I assume the design on the IA/Smug had your stealth opener with a high resolve cost because of the insane burst you could do while it was up.

I understand where you're coming from but the issue is crit chance, not damage.

If I typically opened for 5.3K, I NOW open for 4.24K. Given it's only a 1.5 sec stun, I will also follow it up with a 2.5-3.3K hit.

So under the BEST scenario for my target, I've taken away 6.75K before they stand up (that's almost 50% HP for most players).

Now, after they stand up they can shield, sprint, etc. Before they had a chance to get away, this is no longer the case. If my target tries to gain distance, then I can NOW stun them for 4 seconds. If they break it fast, I STILL get in a hit for 2.5-3K (now they've lost 9.25K).

So lets say that under optimum conditions, they break that stun ASAP! They're johnny on the spot. Well guess what, they now either have to stun me (which I will break) or try and run.

Either way they're 1.5 seconds (at most) from getting a flash grenade that won't break for 3 seconds REGARDLESS of the damage they take. During which time I guarantee you I will finish them off.

With this "nerf", players NO LONGER HAVE A CHANCE TO GET AWAY!

It's over.

Edited by Ossos

To all the qq'ers: You'll now be hit for around 1k less on the opener. You will however, be stunlocked for 7 seconds at a time. Enjoy it. I find it hilarious.

You seem upset...

Are you mad, bro?

Btw, you can't stunlock anyone for 7s, the best you can do IF not trinketed is 5.5s.

Welcome to the world of normal classes.

Damn and i thought this would stop all of belgoth's repubs from qqing when seeing your name in their wz. Guess not :), see you soon bud :p.

You seem upset...

Are you mad, bro?

Btw, you can't stunlock anyone for 7s, the best you can do IF not trinketed is 5.5s.

Welcome to the world of normal classes.

Actually it's 6 seconds.

1.5 for the opener.

1.5 for a dirty kick IF THE TARGET USES A CC BREAKER IMMEDIATELY

3 seconds Flash Grenade (Flash Grenade stun will not break in less than 3 seconds regardless of damage applied.

That's 4 GCDs that I get. I garantee that you won't survive it. If you try and run, stun me, whatever. You can no longer escape thanks your your half full resolve bar.

LOL!!

If I typically opened for 5.3K, I NOW open for 4.24K. Given it's only a 1.5 sec stun, I will also follow it up with a 2.5-3.3K hit.

So under the BEST scenario for my target, I've taken away 6.75K before they stand up (that's almost 50% HP for most players).

With this "nerf", players NO LONGER HAVE A CHANCE TO GET AWAY!

It's over.

That's the other games mind set of thinking the enemy needs to get away to survive. I just need to be out of stun. :)

You're an opening class ... going to 50% doesn't seem completely unfair. Without the opener, your DPS isn't exactly that great in my experience.

Actually it's 6 seconds.

1.5 for the opener.

1.5 for a dirty kick IF THE TARGET USES A CC BREAKER IMMEDIATELY

3 seconds Flash Grenade (Flash Grenade stun will not break in less than 3 seconds regardless of damage applied.

That's 4 GCDs that I get. I garantee that you won't survive it. If you try and run, stun me, whatever. You can no longer escape thanks your your half full resolve bar.

LOL!!

You don't even know what a stun is...

Your class is definitely the FOTM one, or "was".

And lol @ the 1.5s delay for people to use their cc breaker.

Edited by zqsd

Without the opener, your DPS isn't exactly that great in my experience.

You are 90% correct. That's why you typically won't see me unless I'm opening on you.

As for the other 10%. I still see high numbers when not opening. You'd be surprized.

The Ops/Scoundrel issue wasn't the stun and it was the opening damage. It is our consistent ability to crit our b-alls off! ..well, to crit your b-alls off.

I want to thank the community too for all the nice freekills I will grind the next few days. It's like Christmas and Easter on the same day.

Thank you noobs. Thank you randoms. Thank you kackboons.Thank you ****. And thank you daydreamers. Because of your unawareness of how the game works I'm more dangerous than ever. I appreciate your help for the smuggler class. *thumbs up*