Poll: Using the spacebar

DarthWomprat

Yeah, occasionally spacebar side quests, but hardly ever zone quests and never class quests - they're far too interesting to pass up.

I've got 3 alts on the boil as well as my main now at 41, plus other alts at 11, waiting in the wings.

In any other game, doing the same quests with alts would indeed be spacebar-worthy, but even doing side-quests again isn't quite the same for me in SWTOR, because if I'm doing them with a different class, my character's VO is different enough that, if I'm in the mood for it (i.e. immersed) and have the time, it's still pleasurable to experience the full puppet show (and also try different responses from the previous go-through).

However, as I do more alts, what happens is that my convenience weighting goes up, and if I'm just doing a quick session with a bit of grinding to level, then yes, I will spacebar through side quests sometimes.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you not give them the benefit of the doubt that they haven't done the quest before and want to hear it once. Not everyone has done every quest/flashpoint that you have. Patience young padawan.

Why not give people that have done it before an option to skip it all?

The only times I use the space bar:

When I initially get the flashpoint mission for the second and subsequent times.

During the flashpoint if I have seen the conversations before AND the group is asking people to space bar through.

I have 3 character running right now, all under level 38 and above level 15, and I watch every conversation, even if I have seen it before.

I'm someone who played KOTOR 1 three times in a row, and KOTOR 2 nine times in a row, so I have no problem seeing the same dialog over and over again.

So I've started a second toon to level to 50 and, on the FIRST quest I got, I hit space bar through the entire conversation. I plan on doing so for all non-class quests.

Anyone else do this?

Yep, after the first time through I always spacebar non class quests. Been there done that

I switch between 3 alts and my main. I do the highest available space daily on each of them every day to every other day. On my main and on my Sith alt I do all the side quests.

On the other alts I do the class quests and the main planet quests. I will do a side quest if it is easy and not out of my way. On most of the planet quests and side quests, ya space bar spam.

Running the highest level space dailies on the alts eliminates the need to do the side quests and bonus quests. Takes about 35 to 40 minutes of play time. The alts have plenty of credits and stay just ahead of the quest levels. If they get too far ahead, I stop the daily space missions until the level catches up with the quests.

If I did all of those side and bonus quests on every toon, even with space bar spam, I would burn out really fast. The game is to linear to do that.

Edited by dontknowdoya