So many new people!

Michaelphoenix

I live on the Harbringer server and one thing i have noticed is that there is a huge influx of new people. Not just rerollers mind you.

But actual newbies to MMOs.

People who i had to explain what an AC was, and what a flashpoint is and what to do for a heroic quest.

this is a good sign.

A lot of people are rerolling on the more crowded servers like Harbinger and mind trick to name a few.

maybe in some cases but the ones i saw were legit new players unless they were simply trolling as new comers, quite a few mentioned it as their first MMO character.

So? its normal.. Every year some kid somewhere gets a year older and enters internet and starts playing games and eventually MMO's

Also the market is growing. The MMO players usually continue to play MMo's and just start or try other MMO's

Also alot of people wonder why people who left wow for starwars arent coming back and start trying the game too

Now that in the second month mostly the whiners and the people who rush to 50 are leaving you get the nomral population playing.

To bad they placed so many servers and a lot of servers arent full

People who i had to explain what an AC was, and what a flashpoint is and what to do for a heroic quest.

this is a good sign.

You were trolled.

*turn off legacy display + troll ppl by asking about basic functions

Works everytime ;-)

Been noticing this on The Red Eclipse (EU server) too, lots of people in the lower areas. I was also pleasantly surprised that the server seems to be fairly balanced when it comes to factions when I finally got around to rolling a char on the Republic side. Edited by Lundli

My wife is brand new to mmos and is having a blast playing swtor.

As a new experience to someone who is not a gamer or mmo player, swtor (seen thorough her eyes) is mind blowing.

She got her ship yesterday and the exitement was incredible.

So hopefully there will be a lot of new players showing up. Swtor is a treat seen through new eyes. On the whole this is a great thing for the gaming community.

PS - As I go through the earlier levels with her, I am seeing a large number of lower level characters and indeed they all can't be alts.