Alternative way to level a alt

Twolow

I got my sniper to 50, got him gear for raids, and now he sits unused short of raid time 3 nights a week. To pass the time I decided to reroll a bounty hunter but did NOT want to do those quests again. The story I wanted to see but the other quests, they can go away.

So, I do ONLY the class quests and it feels good to pass all those other quest givers that want me to 'save his men' or 'my army can't do sheet but you look like you could' and give them the bird finger.

Doing the class story exclusively without the other 1000 quests breaking your train of thought makes the story much more fluid without me having to remember where I left off.

When the class quest is above my level by more than two levels I do my daily space missions and pvp. So far I'm level 25, valor rank 25, and LOVE pvp now. I could not stand pvp on my main with the whole crouching cover thing so the run and gun/tanking of BH Pyro is insanely fun.

Just wanted to throw this out there for others. I had 1000 merc coins and 1000 war coins by the early 20s so I went ahead and started collecting champion bags and will just open them when I ding 50. I wonder if I will be valor 65 by the time I ding 50 as well to get the mount right off. The class quests are just now getting more spaced out with level gaps so I'm now getting to the point I have to pvp more and more to level up so my valor is climbing faster and faster.

Oh, and I picked armortech to help gear my character since she is missing out on quest rewards. My main supplies her with materials needed. I also picked diplomacy to help fill in the gap from all the dark/light choices I missed (as well as companion gifts) and slicing to fund it. Seems to work out great.

Edited by Twolow

Just wanted to throw this out there for others. I had 1000 merc coins and 1000 war coins by the early 20s so I went ahead and started collecting champion bags and will just open them when I ding 50.
Isn't the one you can buy with commendations marked as unique? How are you collecting them?

I mean... this really make it look like you're just making the whole thing up.

Edited by ferroz

I'm doing exactly the same thing on my alt. I played through all the quests on my Shadow, but I found some of the planets to be so extremely annoying that I never wanted to return to them again. Nard Shadda and Corellia come quickly to mind.

So this time around I leveled to 10 and started PVP'ing right away. I gain levels quicker, I can buy pretty kick *** armor from the PVP vendor with Warzone commendations, and all I need to complete are class quests to pick up companions.

I'm finding PVP'ing to 50 to be much more fun. Not to mention I'll be close to Valor lvl 60 by the time I hit lvl 50.

Isn't the one you can buy with commendations marked as unique? How are you collecting them?

I mean... this really make it look like you're just making the whole thing up.

I bought my first one last night. If this is true you just ruined my day :(

/facepalm

then it looks like I will be buying lots and lots of pvp healing stims as I'm always capped.

Buy the suitcase thingies relevant for your level, they give stims AND an item that sells for about 1000 credits. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.