The Pre-order invites

DigitalBalance

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fast food and the DMV are not the same as an MMO launch. Also none of those things require you to wait months and months for you to get your turn. So yeah.

First come first served is the concept. Would you rather they just not give us EGA at all and let everyone in at the same time on the 20th and deal with lag, crashes and crowded starting areas?

First come first served is the best and fairest way to handle this. Random is not the way to go, people already had to deal with that for Beta and a lot weren't happy about it. As it is now the people who have payed the most attention to the game and had the strongest desire to play (and granted the checkbook to support it) are getting in the earliest. You can't be any more fair about it than that.

First come first served is the concept. Would you rather they just not give us EGA at all and let everyone in at the same time on the 20th and deal with lag, crashes and crowded starting areas?

First come first served is the best and fairest way to handle this. Random is not the way to go, people already had to deal with that for Beta and a lot weren't happy about it. As it is now the people who have payed the most attention to the game and had the strongest desire to play (and granted the checkbook to support it) are getting in the earliest. You can't be any more fair about it than that.

Eh...

a) person who loves Kotor but somehow was living under a rock finally pre-orders a few weeks ago

b) person pre-ordered in the first week and just forgot about the game, probably doesn't even care about early access

You can't really know.

And honestly random is kind of the only fair way really. Some people might have loved SWTOR and followed it just as much as you did, but they couldn't afford to pre-order until a month ago.

Really it doesn't matter. They've already stated that early access is based on when you registered your code, despite many people saying they have friends that are in game now that registered much later than them. We just have to take Bioware's word that that's not true.

I know it's torture. And all we can do while we wait is complain about the wait because we literally are standing in a long virtual queue.

But just be patient. It's hard believe me. I've haven't been this eager to check my email since I got my job offer a long time back. It's sooooooo frustrating to hear the tone that you got a new email and it ends up being an ad from a site you don't care about.

But everything is set. The game is sitting comfortably in our hard drives and all we need is the green light to go. We should definitely appreciate the fact that we can potentially play a week early. Just wait a bit more and we're there.

Very close to the finish line guys..

People are just too emo. It's virtually the same as "The shop open at 9am and start selling the game". If the que is long everyone still have to wait for it."

Believe me I'm also upset I didn't get to login as early as others, but either way at the end I will still able to play it. Just later.

For you will be 7/29 the 11/02 date is when you can start downloading the game client. Everyone that preorder got 11/02 date.

11.29.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

11.29.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

your statement does not seem to be true :p