Afraid to roll an IA..

Malsidius

I want to roll an IA and wondering if I should wait. I keep hearing / reading that IA is being nerfed, I'd rather wait until a big nerf has been applied before I get 'into' the class. My question is, is there really a big nerf coming, or is it just speculation?

I want to roll an IA and wondering if I should wait. I keep hearing / reading that IA is being nerfed, I'd rather wait until a big nerf has been applied before I get 'into' the class. My question is, is there really a big nerf coming, or is it just speculation?

Roll it for the right reasons, and you'll have a blast. If you want a fotm, then skip IA. ;)

The story is amazing. The play style is very unique (both operative and sniper). I absolutely love my IA.

Roll it for the right reasons, and you'll have a blast. If you want a fotm, then skip IA. ;)

The story is amazing. The play style is very unique (both operative and sniper). I absolutely love my IA.

I agree, but that wasn't really my question. As I said, I would rather wait to roll until changes have been applied if they are coming soon.

The nerf is for Operatives being able to drop someone before they are unstunned. Level 20 operatives dropping the 4k crit bomb on level 50's in PVP. It is just gonna bring it to balance with assassin style class. Not gonna kill the fun of being an Operative. IA is so much fun I just hit 50 on my Sniper and love it and might roll an Operative again just to see the lightside of all the quests. Though i gotta say the armor is ugly does not look cool.

I agree, but that wasn't really my question. As I said, I would rather wait to roll until changes have been applied if they are coming soon.

Nerfs are usually for "end game". You won't really notice it while levelling.

The nerf is for Operatives being able to drop someone before they are unstunned. Level 20 operatives dropping the 4k crit bomb on level 50's in PVP. It is just gonna bring it to balance with assassin style class. Not gonna kill the fun of being an Operative. IA is so much fun I just hit 50 on my Sniper and love it and might roll an Operative again just to see the lightside of all the quests. Though i gotta say the armor is ugly does not look cool.

Can you post a screenie of your lvl 50 Sniper?? I would like to see it:D:D:):)

The nerf is for Operatives being able to drop someone before they are unstunned. Level 20 operatives dropping the 4k crit bomb on level 50's in PVP

This nerf will have no effect on level 20 Ops

Hidden Strike is a level 36 ability and Acid Blade is a level 40 talented ability

Now I guess my only decision is... OP or Sniper....... both look like so much fun! 0.0

Op is for healing and melee. Sniper is for ranged. Go Sniper if you like to wait for people to walk into your trap and pop em with a gun, and Op if you plan to either heal or sneak attack them

I personally love both but prefer Operative

OPs are much easier to level than a sniper due to heals, stealth and escape abilities. Don't base your end game on that however.

OPs are getting a PVP and PVE nerf next patch for damage. A lot of the outcry is how the class plays, a lack of balance and the fact that there are so many broken mechanics in all three trees right now.

However Sniper and OP are polar opposites in the DPS category. One is ranged/turret and one is melee/stealth. You really need to look at which you prefer to level with.

Edited by pipda
wording was poor

Of what? :confused:

of randomness, just threw the level number out there out of randomness is all. All i knew was they were nerfing the burst dmg and did not know the name and level of skills being nerfed. Basically it was a poor example on my part

It's funny I hear how much a class stinks I am more interested in playing that class.

Granted im doing it as a healer, but still the IA healer is said to be less effective. I rerolled from a sorc bc frankly their were to many at 50.

And I know I'll have a merc by the time I am done as well, but I am LOVING my OP.

I wish I had an extra finger or two...so i could use 6,7,8, ctr6, ctrl7,ctrl8 key binds as well!

I have 15 binds currently at 34 and use them alll plus still clicking on 4-5 more.

Ill be stealing my alt key binds from my comp soon.

Granted im doing it as a healer, but still the IA healer is said to be less effective. I rerolled from a sorc bc frankly their were to many at 50.

Yea it seems every non-tank in the game now is either a sorc or a merc. Why I'm thinking of rolling an IA (that and I don't see many IA's on my server for some reason).

I just got my Sniper to 50 and I love her. I have an alt that will be a heal-specced op once she finishes Hutta as well. The combination of the story, the voice actress, being able to be Chiss (I have 4 total, one of each of the BH classes, and my 2 agents), and just having a blast with the class pushes them ahead of my other alts. I'd say to try the class out and see if you enjoy it, nerf or no nerf.

Everyone keeps talking about the "IA Nerf" and that's not what is happening...

It's an Operative nerf.

IA really does have 2 very different AC's. One melee and one that should be staying at extreme range as much as possible.

That being said, I am loving my Lvl 48 Sniper. Great story, engaging play style.

This statement has to be false there is no way a level 20 could have EVER crit anything level 50 and even give it a scratch. The nerf was completely unjustified, there is no way Bioware had any time at all to test anything and anyone who plays either Operative or Scoundrel as their main could have supplied them with all the info they needed, but no all they do is look at their number charts and go, "thats to high!!! lets nerf it!!"

No testing, just lets nerf now before too many roll those classes we just don't have the kind of talent to ever be able to balance those classes correctly so 20% damage reduction on the front end should about do it.

A lot of people have the wrong idea about the incoming nerf.

My Operative is level 20 something, and at level 14 I was killing battlemaster 50's solo in WZ's.

Guess what's cool about that? The nerf doesn't affect level 20 operatives. The nerfed abilities are at the very top of the concealment tree and Hidden Strike is a level 41 learned ability.

Anyone saying a level 20 was getting 4k crits is just wrong (mine crits at around 2k) or they were abusing the buff stacking which is already gone. The op is still a powerful burst class and even after the nerf will be *********** people up, it will just take 3 seconds longer.

To the dude above me: Generally when talking PvP people mean Warzones, in which case a level 11 can do plenty of damage to a 50. (Most of this data comes from before warzones were split up)

Edited by Vastian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.