Leveling as scoundrel scrapper

XOpusX

I have just gotten to Alderaan, i am lvl 28, and i am having a very hard time killing mobs, killing the sith elites is not even possible. I keep using the droid to heal myself but he heals to little.

I am scrapper mainly because i love PvPing, but also want to be able to do my story line.

Do any of you have any info on how i could handle harder mobs (before you ask yes i use my interups).

I know exactly what you're talking about. I first encountered those on the nar shadda as a sawbones and I couldn't do it at L28. (sith was L30 gold)

By the time I got to alderan I had emergency med pack which was the deal breaker from behind very hard to very easy. But this is sawbones.

Those sith do a lot of DPS fast, I don't know if its possble for you and companion dps them down before they can kill you at that level.

I think you will have to group up to do them or be sawbones like I was to solo them.

Try using Corso instead. Probably get more out of him staying alive than you will catching crappy heals from that robot.

To be clear, Corso can live alot longer than you can. CC Elites, kill trash around elites, initiatate combat with the Elite with Corso and just beat the hell out of it as long as you can; you can use dirty kick to buy Corso enough time to.. live, or you can heal him. He'll be DPSing the mob too, so it'll die faster. Good times.

Step in front of Corse.

Shoot the mob.

Corse pulls to him (thus presenting the targets back to you).

Backblast, Blasterwhip Flurry Heal.

Rinse and repeat.

Easy easy easy leveling on all levels of mobs.

I didnt bother with scrapper till I got Gus. Even then it was faster as a sawbones.

When i respecced my smuggler to Scrapper I picked up the Exploratory Surgery talent in sawbones. Its definitely the 2 points worth since it makes UWM a great heal and the UH gains from it are sweet, both in combat and out of combat to reach 2 stacks before engaging.

I managed to Solo some of the heroic 2 missions on Tatioone with that spec. I use Corso as companion and let him tank while I DPS and toss a few heals to keep him alive. And since the UMW gives UH you can use suckerpunch quite alot.

I would recommend this spec for you: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701MZMIModko.1

I have just gotten to Alderaan, i am lvl 28, and i am having a very hard time killing mobs, killing the sith elites is not even possible. I keep using the droid to heal myself but he heals to little.

I am scrapper mainly because i love PvPing, but also want to be able to do my story line.

Do any of you have any info on how i could handle harder mobs (before you ask yes i use my interups).

1. Alderaan is a bit overtuned. I went through it long ago on my operative and found that the game was easier after Alderaan. Much easier. I am there with my scoundrel now, and Alderaan is painful.

2. You are level 28. That's the minimum level of Alderaan. Expect downtime.

3. Don't use the droid.

4. Use CC. Lots of CC. Remember to stun, and remember to use Cheap Shot when you get it (easy to forget but surprisingly powerful).

If these are the sith I'm thinking of (the ones in the field where you have to kill 3?) go for the sorcerers instead of the melees. A lot of the sorcerers damage comes from channeled/cast attacks and interrupting them out of it cuts down a lot on the damage you take.

I went through as a scrapper and with Corso tanking I would pretty much use distract/dirty kick/flash grenade every time I could while a cast bar was up. Even if the stun from flash grenade is broken .2 seconds later because the enemy has a DoT on it you still stopped the cast.

i was about 30 when i started questing on alderaan ... scrapper..

had no problems at all... and I don't even have biochem.

use ur stuns and interrupts on cooldown .. heal corso if an elite is about to kill him

that's all I can help with

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.