Cya Khem! Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

Selinoz

So Andronikos joined up with me over the weekend and as a Darkness Assassin I couldn't be happier. Khem's damage output pales in comparison to "Andy's" and more often than not, I can wade into a group of mobs, Dark ward, Overcharge saber, and AoE taunt. As I focus on the strong/elites in the group, he's picking off the normals!

I love him so much, i spent half an hour giving him Padded weapon boxes to get him up around 5000 affection.

Any other Darkness types out there have a man-crush on Andronikos?

I never tank when with Khem. Khem tanks for me.

When, I got Adronikos, I sticked with Khem.

I started tanking when I got Ashara. Dual glowsticks in action is very entertaining. Her DPS is awesome since she has lightsabers and gear of equal level as mine.

LVL 50 tank pretty greared out.. after I got Talos all of them got no love. Now that I'm geared and am gearing the other out besides Talos. it's a toss up between Ashara and Andy!! he is like a nuclear weapon where as she's a tactical strike. Xelek just gets my old gear and armorments that I don't want from dailes haha. Khem is still wearing lvl 35 greens and blues haha

I just recently got Andy. I ran around with him a bit and definitely noticed things dropping faster than with Khem. I'm a Darkness tank (level 25) and run Khem as a tank as well, it works pretty well but I survive better than Khem, he's just better at pulling aggro than I. I thought elites would be tougher without the double tank combo, but Andy damaged them fast enough.

That said... Andy is no where near as approving of my psychopathic dialog choices. The little +15's from Khem for bloodlust and insulting everyone are what I live for at the moment. I was considering using Andy for combat and switching to Khem for dialog, but with 20+ minute crew skill missions that was getting tough.

So I use Khem.

On a more serious side though, how does everyone get the best use out of Andy? I have him right now on Single Target Stance (lower aim shot time), but with all AE abilities turned on. I find him using Burst Shot on elites lowers his damage potential though, but its great on groups. How are others running him?

Edited by SeppTB

I have him in his default single target stance (sniper). I'm pretty far up the Darkness tree right now, so I typically start out with the following when dealing with groups:

(pre-lim)

Guard goes on Andy

make sure buffs are good.

Tab through targets and pick the strongest one.

1) Dark ward

2) Force run in

3) Overcharge Saber hopefully getting up to 4 targets

4) Lacerate a few times

5) focus on my target

While this is going on, Andy is dropping other targets

On boss pulls where it's just me and Andy, it's basically the same thing but with more single target abilities:

1) Dark ward

2) Force run in

3) Overcharge Saber hopefully getting the boss and whatever adds

4) Lacerate a few times

5) Mass Mind Control

6) Burn down adds

7) Pop Deflection

8) Single target abilities on boss: Shock, Electrocute, Overcharge when off CD, Crushing Darkness, etc.

Andy's AI seems to focus on the adds, so those drop fast. After that, it's just stacking the damage on the boss and mitigating his damage on you.

I'm a fan!

Well, they all have their uses. I gave up on Khem when I got the ship and used the droid as a heal-bot until I got Andy. His DPS was excellent AND I didn't want to stick a fork in my ears when I used him (use the droid for a few fights and you'll know what I mean). I personally think that all of our companions are useful and very situational. At 42, I tend to use Talos when I solo, but pull Ashara out in groups. The only spoiler I'd throw in is that you need to gear up Khem for the showdown at the end of Chapter 1, because Andy is convienently banned from that fight.

I use Andy as a 23/0/2 spec too.

My question is, is Azshara (is that her name? the Jedi) better at DPS? I have a long way to get Talos, so I will make that decision when I get there, but between Andy and the Jedi, which one suits a tankassin more?

I like DPS Khem

I gave him an Orange Vibroswrod I got from a vender on Balmorra and he does a great job tearing stuff up. I geared him out from the GTN in DPS gear, put him in Combat Stance and turned off his Taunt. From there, DPS Khem lives up to the boasting he likes to do.

Revel is OK but I have to constantly look for him before, during and after a fight. He always keeps his distance (ranged melee duh) and after a fight he takes his sweet time walking back. If he gets an add in his face, I have to race back to peel it off (I run tank Spec). This is much different than the SW who has Force Charge and can cover the distance far more quickly for a Vette like ranged char.

Personal preference I guess.

Edited by Malkosha

I found Ashara to be the best for me. As soon as I got to Taris I went through the storyline quests to pick her up, then went back through the planet quest line. If you do the Taris storyline it only has a few easy parts.

If you equip her with ok gear and give her epic hilts in both her sabers she will be putting out as much damage as you do. With saber ward she is tough and unlike Andronikas she puts out even dps instead of slow burst. Plus having another saber class beside you makes melee easier.

Other than the required fights I didn't use any other companions all the way to 50.

Andy is pure DPS, wouldn't expect anything else but. He doesn't hold or pull agro so good if you're tanking. But against elites or multiple strongs you're always in a DPS race.

With Khem I can trade taunts and it made fights a lot easier than worry about burning down targets.

Ashara, was way too squishy and needed a ton of gear to get her up to scratch, found her a pain at agroing other mob groups sometimes though.

I like DPS Khem

Thanks for this little thing. I went back and gave DPS Khem another shot. I checked his bar and noticed he'd gained new DPS abilities that he turns off by default, so I turned them on, put him in DPS stance, turned his taunt off and now we're ripping things up!

I still think Andy might be slightly better, but I prefer having Khem around for his commentary and Andy never calls me 'little Sith' like Khem does. In my mind, the SI story line is a love story between a man and his monster.

I found leveling as darkness and using Talos was best for me. I would use my dps companion for easy fights and then pull out Talos for class quest boss fights. I got the Darth title at the very end of lvl 48 and was able to start the dalies on Belsavis. The fights do take longer but you really don't have to worry about dying.

As soon as I got talos (min mako) I haven't looked back, as Dps hes great :D Some eilte fights I use khem but I try to put the best gear on those 2, Khem has about 11.5k (last time I checked).

As for the other 2, I tried them once to see what their like and that was it. Don't think their has been one fight I haven't done that I've needed help with, some +2 heroic's can be a little tough but then thats what Force cloak is for

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.