Levelling Spec

Ugugg

Hi All,

Just rolled a Jedi Sent alt for my wife, its great so far. Lovin the sabers and lovin the look. These are obviously very important aspects for her.

Just had a question regarding levelling spec. Which one is the easiest to use for levelling in pve? I've had a look at the 3 damage trees and tbh, there is just so much choice!

Input welcome. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Watchman without a doubt is the best leveling spec. Focus does great burst, but against Strong mobs you'll find yourself losing a lot of hp while waiting for that burst to cooldown, and combat just straight up lacks till higher levels.

Overload saber in Watchman is a godsend, and will be your primary damage dealing for about 20+ levels. Also, small heals from crit burns/zen really helps with the Elite fights.

Watchman without a doubt is the best leveling spec. Focus does great burst, but against Strong mobs you'll find yourself losing a lot of hp while waiting for that burst to cooldown, and combat just straight up lacks till higher levels.

Overload saber in Watchman is a godsend, and will be your primary damage dealing for about 20+ levels. Also, small heals from crit burns/zen really helps with the Elite fights.

A lot of places I've visited say Combat is best for leveling, because Watchman has a ramp up time and DoTs are useless on most weaker mobs. I've tried Watchman and like it. Just switched to Combat and want to see how it is.

A lot of places I've visited say Combat is best for leveling, because Watchman has a ramp up time and DoTs are useless on most weaker mobs. I've tried Watchman and like it. Just switched to Combat and want to see how it is.

False. Watchman is pretty much the consensus best choice for PvE content. Although it's true a lot of your burns really don't have much you against easy mobs, it's a non-issue since you can down them with two Slashes, which is essentially what you'd do with Combat anyway.

In the long run, Watchman outpaces the damage in Combat (Combat likely needs some buffing to make it's damage more viable). Also most of the really useful talents and effects for Combat aren't available until 30+.

Here's a short list of benefits of Watchman spec:

-Minor self-healing from critical hits with your burns when using Zen (which gives 100 percent crit)

-Reduced cooldown and range reduction (to melee range) for Force Leap, allowing additional focus building.

-Reduced cooldown on Force Kick, your best and most useful interrupt (key for survival against skill-using enemies)

-Reduced cost for Force Sweep, Slash and Merciless Strike.

-Slash and Merciless Strike give chance to instantly cooldown Cauterize (your staple DOT)

-Burns have chance to regenerate focus.

-Merciless Strike contains its own cooldown reduction mechanism.

Watchman requires a more constant attention to what you're doing. Combat is very bursty - you'll build up a pile of focus and then dump it all at once.

But overall, Watchman does more damage against high-level enemies. Against weak and normal mobs it's a non-issue, since both are effective at ripping them up.

Unfortunetly, Watchman is the quintessential leveling spec until 40. It deals consistent damage even without loading DoTs onto the target, offers several very useful utility talents, and has small auto-heals.

Combat relies heavily on Crit, a stat which is non-existent on gear under level 35. I attempted to level my Sentinel Combat, but barely made it to 22 before switching to Watchman. Then I breezed through the 20's, carved into the 30's, and respec'd Combat at 38.

After you can get the all the talents based around Ataru Form and Battle Trance, Combat really evolves into an unstoppable killing machine. And after you acquire Blade Rush to replace Slash, you'll be bursting constantly, and peppering in super-powered auto-crit Blade Storms which also Stun standards.

It's pretty awesome. I highly recommend respec'ing Combat at 40, even if you're comfortable a current Watchman/Focus build.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.