Warzone Popping 6v8 Needs to Stop

inseeisyou

For some reason warzones are starting as 6v8. This happened multiple times in a row, so I'm certainly not inclined to believe that someone is queuing over and over and simply denying their offer, although I realize it is a possibility. Warzones only seem to abort when it is 5v8 or worse. With only 8 players, being 2 down is a HUGE disadvantage. Especially in a warzone like Alderaan.

TL;DR: Revisit the allowable imbalance ratios for warzones.

I think it pops when there's at least 8 in each queue. Problem is that during off-peak times, not all 8 will accept and there'll be no extra people in-line to take the spot.

So those two spare slots are usually people who declined because they were doing something or were AFK or whatever.

I think it pops when there's at least 8 in each queue. Problem is that during off-peak times, not all 8 will accept and there'll be no extra people in-line to take the spot.

So those two spare slots are usually people who declined because they were doing something or were AFK or whatever.

Right, it could be this but from what I saw this morning I think it will pop with less than 8. The warzone will not shut down unless it drops to 5 v 8, I'm pretty sure of that and I understand. But it seems like to get matches going it will even start at anything above 5 v 8. I guess it would be impossible to tell without a developer answer, but I can say I had over 4, possibly 5 matches start with only and exactly 6 players this morning.

Yep this is very annoying. They need to either stop it happening (delaying the start of a WZ until both teams have 7) or come up with a way of addressing the balance when it does happen (delayed respawns, Bolster-like system, etc.)

Many peple gets kicked when entering warzones.

It use to happen to me.

One in every 5 or 6 WZ, I am unable to enter, got kicked to character screen, or hangs out forever in loading screen.

Worst is the forever hang that makes me alt + f4 out of game to end up in a 40 mins queue ... but that's another story.

Which is why they need to have a second pool ready before the queue pops, this would increase queue times a small amount but would lead to more full BGs and would only really increase queue time by a few seconds.

The reason, this happens is simple. you have jerks that get queued and then for whatever stupid reason they dont accept. They "dont decline it" they dont accept it, thus the timer has to run out befor the client searches for a replacement. Usually by then, the match start timer is up and the match has started. This isnt biowares fault its the players fault, the only thing they can do to resolve this is to reduce the time you have to queue up, but then why should everyone suffer for a minor issue such as this?.

setting up a second pool would increase queue times and hindrance us more then help. Because you would not be able to start a match until you have 16 ready rather 8, and then they would have to wait until the timer us up and the match is started befor they can be placed in another match that doesnt have them on standby and then find another pool of 8 to cover the ones who wont join that match after the 2 min queue time and so on.

really its just something you have to put up with,and it doesnt happen so much its an epidemic, its not their fault people dont accept after they queue and anything they can do to solve the problem would be more punishing than helping to everyone else.

I don't mind it when the game actually aborts but most of the time it seems the last 2-3 people pop in when the abort timer hits 10s or so. Meanwhile the other team has had two full minutes of numbers advantage.

This isn't a big deal in a much bigger fight, but with 8v8 two bodies is a huge advantage.

The reason, this happens is simple. you have jerks that get queued and then for whatever stupid reason they dont accept. They "dont decline it" they dont accept it, thus the timer has to run out befor the client searches for a replacement. Usually by then, the match start timer is up and the match has started. This isnt biowares fault its the players fault, the only thing they can do to resolve this is to reduce the time you have to queue up, but then why should everyone suffer for a minor issue such as this?.

setting up a second pool would increase queue times and hindrance us more then help. Because you would not be able to start a match until you have 16 ready rather 8, and then they would have to wait until the timer us up and the match is started befor they can be placed in another match that doesnt have them on standby and then find another pool of 8 to cover the ones who wont join that match after the 2 min queue time and so on.

really its just something you have to put up with,and it doesnt happen so much its an epidemic, its not their fault people dont accept after they queue and anything they can do to solve the problem would be more punishing than helping to everyone else.

I have to respectfully disagree.

Warzones are designed as 8 v 8 and if they begin with anything less than 8 v 8 they are not working properly. If there was a mechanic in place to offset being shorthanded that'd be a different story.

Which is why they need to have a second pool ready before the queue pops, this would increase queue times a small amount but would lead to more full BGs and would only really increase queue time by a few seconds.

On my server it'd mean no warzones at all for large parts of the week. Usually there's (I'd estimate) maybe 15 or so Empire in queue and 8-10 Republic.

Obviously at the weekend and on reset day there are more, but from around 9pm through to midnight it's usually the same Empire folk facing the same Republic folk on loop, with an occasional Emp vs Emp Huttball thrown in to spice things up a little.

As said; when ppl are afk during the pop, others have already accepted and you can't start kicking everyone out. It will start with imbalanced numbers. A solution would be exending the start another minute however we're borderlining ppl quitting due to wait boredom there.

Just my two cents worth on the issue ...

I play a Imp on a Imperial heavy server. I have been in more than one match where we start out with 6 or 7 instead of the full 8.

And usually before the first 30 seconds is over, team members already leave the match.

Do you eventually fill the slots?

Yes, you do. But by then the damage is done. So many people will have joined and left by the end of the match that you actually need to use a scroll bar at the end of the match to see who all your allies were during the warzone.

Frankly, I don't know what I get more disgusted with. The lack of fortitude amoung players who refuse to stay to the end. Or Bioware's inablility to fill all positions in a team which causes the flood of drops and pug gains to begin with.

Regardless, going into a match with a partial team destroys the teams morale long before the first score is even made.

I have no idea if this is viable or not, but would like some player feedback on this idea.

Instead of a 8 VS 8, have a 10 vs 10 but only 8 people can be in the match at any given time.

As soon as a player is killed, one of the reserve can go in to fill the slot. Who gets chosen? The first ones out the barrier. If you are slow on the draw, you spend more time waiting. And if they opposing team has fewer than 8 members, then the other team can only have an equal number of players in the match.

I realize that this creates problem with the current game design. People can only spend but so much time in the spawn area before they are kicked. This is to avoid people going AFK.

But I think this is a better approach to solving the problem. If players going AFK, then just limit the number of players on the opposing team who can be on the floor at the same time.

As to the team that has fewer than 8 players ... they get the advantage of no barrier at all. They get the opportunity to play non-stop which only increases their medals options, valor, and other rewards.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.