Companions

DrFaroohk

Is there only a small window of opportunity when you get to talk to your companions? Sometimes I'll be out questing, and click on my guy and he'll be like "I want to talk to you." So I don't have time right then but later I get back to the cantina, haven't lost any affection, and he doesn't want to talk.

Also, how much affection is there between private talks with your companion? I would've thought it was like 1000, but I've been checking and haven't gotten any more chats. :(

It's a bug. They often claim to want to speak to you although they really don't. Don't worry, you won't lose any of their discussions, if you gain lots of affection with them you might end up having several discussions in row once you start talking with them :) In theory you could level the affection to 10000 and then have a lot of chats one after another.

The chats aren't available after every X affection either, sometimes there's longer pauses and sometimes even relatively short amount of more affection triggers chat.

This is just a guess based off of my experience, but it seems like for some conversations you have to get to a particular point in your class quest line. I have seen it where one particular companion was constantly saying they wanted to talk, but they didn't, until I finished a particular story quest, then it was three conversations in a row.

The companion discussions are gated on both the level of affection with the companion and also your adventuring level / the point of the storyline quest you have reached.

One example I have is my BH. By level 22, Mako has 4000 affection and occasionally "wants to talk to me". Back at about 1800 affection, we had a discussion which resulted in a lvl 30 quest to go to Nar Shadaa, and I will not get another conversation until I complete that. However, at that point I will probably get 3 or 4 conversations with her until I hit the next level/progress cap.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.