Punishment for participation?

cunctatorg

Space Combats, Exporation AND Warzones provide an over-abundance -with respect to my needs and my taste- of XPs and thus the participation at (in) these splendid activities exercises a bad influence in my leveling-up and my in-game experience...

I don't suggest the decrease of the provided XPs, I just suggest to consider the conversion of the so provided XPs as optional; for my taste these XPs are a hindrance, these XPs oblige me either to be Over-Powered or to avoid these wonderful activities...

Pay a visit please there for more detailed ... analysis: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=224944...

Edit: I 'm afraid that the developers are interested just to satisfy the die-hard PvPers who desire to level-up as quickly as possible, that's why I introduced a second thread with the same topic; options are a blessing for a game addressed to a wide community, I like PvP but I don't want to start Alderaan being already lvl35...

This is my apology for the developers thus.

Edited by cunctatorg

Space Combats, Exporation AND Warzones provide an over-abundance -with respect to my needs and my taste- of XPs and thus the participation at (in) these splendid activities exercises a bad influence in my leveling-up and my in-game experience...

I don't suggest the decrease of the provided XPs, I just suggest to consider the conversion of the so provided XPs as optional; for my taste these XPs are a hindrance, these XPs oblige me either to be Over-Powered or to avoid these wonderful activities...

Pay a visit please there for more detailed ... analysis: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=224944...

Edit: I 'm afraid that the developers are interested just to satisfy the die-hard PvPers who desire to level-up as quickly as possible, that's why I introduced a second thread with the same topic; options are a blessing for a game addressed to a wide community, I like PvP but I don't want to start Alderaan being already lvl35...

So? What should they do , change that so you get happy.

People these days lol.

I used to feel that way too, but honestly it starts to plateau out around your 30s. By the time you hit your 40s the 15k you might get from a Warzone is just a drop in the bucket and hardly noticeable.

Without question, PvE is faster way of leveling in this range. I can get as much XP from killing a couple of elites as I can from an entire WZ.

I remember playing Anarchy Online where there was a slider you could use to set the amount of exp you gained as exp and the amount that got dedicated to research.

If you wanted to stop leveling at a particular level then you just assigned 100% to research.

What could be done here is to have a slider which sends part of your xp to legacy xp instead at a rate of 10:1 so your legacy raises but your level is slowed down.

There is easy way, really.

Cut xp by 2 for everything after 10 lvl :rolleyes:

That's closer to the truth than it may seem... at least until the thirties, you'll only be doing green quests if you do the story and planet quests. And that's without heroics, flashpoints, space combat, warzones... Also, why would you skip quests? Isn't the story the big selling point? Why would you skip that?

I mean nothing wrong with making a game easy, but to put it bluntly, this game is already trivial, there's some things you can do in Farmville that are harder to grasp.

Edited by dannythefool

That's closer to the truth than it may seem... at least until the thirties, you'll only be doing green quests if you do the story and planet quests. And that's without heroics, flashpoints, space combat, warzones... Also, why would you skip quests? Isn't the story the big selling point? Why would you skip that?

I mean nothing wrong with making a game easy, but to put it bluntly, this game is already trivial, there's some things you can do in Farmville that are harder to grasp.

All MMORPGs are easy.

Making them take more time to level up doesn't make it less easy, it makes it more irritating for people who want to get to the endgame content. I'm a PvP player -and- a PvE player; endgame dungeons are more interesting to me than mid-game sorta-dungeons where you kinda have to tank and kinda have to pay attention to aggro and kinda need an okay healer. I want to have to organize a ****in' crack commando squad and do stuff that actively has a high requirement for competence, smarts, and teamwork, not putz around in easy dungeons.

That, and fighting players, is the hard part of these games. Nothing about questing is -ever- hard, except when they hit you with a mob that's stupidly difficult to beat for no clearly apparent reason; I hear that Operatives have that problem in their Story quest often.

Players are smart. High-level instances have hardcore DPS/tanking/healing/teamwork requirements. They are the -only- interesting part of this game for me, and requiring me to spend thirty more hours leveling before I can get there would be a great reason for me to stop playing entirely.

I'm GLAD I can do space combat for an extra XP boost. I'm glad there are options out there that don't require I just grind a lot more.

So? What should they do , change that so you get happy.

People these days lol.

Thanks for the constructive question ... though it is true that I wrote down (explicitly) what I wish... It is written both in (at) the OP of this thread and at (in) the posts of mine within the linked Thread.

I repeat this suggestion though; I just ask from BioWare to offer the players (not today perhaps; I'll explain myself after a few lines...) the OPTION to decline the XP (Experience Points) given as reward from activities like Space Combats, Exploration and PvP! Just give us this option in due time...

Do I ask for some compensation, a different reward (credits, legacy points, items etc) instead of these unwanted XP?!?

No, I suggest no compensation at all; neither extra credits nor another substitute...

I just ask from the developers to provide us with the OPTION of "dry leveling" considered as an alternative to "standard/turbo leveling".

It is clear that BioWare could provide some sorts of compensations; however I would suggest to consider then many options ... including one option without compensations!

It is also true that the possibility of a compensation in the form of credits is highly dangerous and worst: it will ruin the in-game financial balance etc.

I realize that BioWare is interested now, in the launch era of its Product to boost the leveling of players in order to satisfy PvPers and people accustomed with MMORPG; these players do believe and declare that any MMORPG truly begins after the player arrives at the maximum level...

Thus these players (many great players among them of course ... and these great PvPers are an asset for every MMORPG, a greatest asset, a necessary asset...) are interested for turbo-leveling for two reasons:

i) for the comfortable contact with their characters, their avatars and ...

ii) in order to meet a majority of other PvPers in PvP areas and the like! None MMORPG is about loneliness and isolation!...

Don't get me wrong; perhaps many amongst these die-hard PvPers will change their approach to the game after one or two years; then they will have two, three or more max-lev characters in order to satisfy their PvP needs and they will feel free to explore with their alts the storylines or whatever... If they feel sometimes the need for PvP/PvPing, their max-lev characters will be ready for use!

BIoWare knows all that (I guess) and offers the turbo-boost leveling now; however I ain't satisfied with the current state of affairs ... and I do suggest the delivery of another option...

Edited by cunctatorg

I'm very much in support of this (in the space game at least). I hate being overleveled, but I like both space and PVP.

I support the OPTION of turning off XP for the space game, perhaps in exchange for an extra fleet commendation or two.

HOWEVER... you do realize in PVP that players would get to lvl 49 and decide to halt their XP so they can farm valor as a kind of twink? Who would want to jump into the 50 bracket right away when they can melt face in <49? It's for this reason I don't see them enabling this option for PVP.

Edited by Stenrik

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.