Suggestion for Daily/Weekly warzone change

VoodooMike

I want to heavily suggest that the criteria for the warzone daily and weekly quests be completion rather than victory. The change would accomplish the following improvements:

1) It would make gearing up considerably less frustrating for new characters, especially if they don't start PVPing until 50. This would stop the threads and postings about how hard it is to get geared up (at least those that aren't just complaining about the RNG aspect).

2) It would deal, to a large degree, with the current issue of people quitting the match when they no longer think there's any chance to win it. Under the current win-only system, it is often more advantageous to quit and requeue when victory is impossible than it is to finish the match. If completing the match is the requirement then the opposite becomes true.

3) It would promote general PVP participation even when there is a well organized group dominating the matches. If you don't have to beat the better team to complete your quests then even if you're getting squarely beaten over and over, you have a reason to continue trying.

4) It would result in better geared PVPers overall. Even if players aren't particularly skilled PVPers then what will be holding them back is their playing skill, not their gear so long as they put in the time.

5) It would promote reasonable queue times as there would be no reason for people not to queue up at least three times per day. While it may seem like having to win 3 times would make someone queue more often, the simple fact is the percentage of people who will queue 20 times in a row in the hope of winning three times is reasonably low. Most people will just do something else if their pug luck is bad.

Now, for the avid PVPers who will immediately be opposed to this idea, let me talk a little bit about the benefits to you. Even if you routinely wipe the floor with your opponents, this change will benefit you as follows:

1) Better geared opponents present a better challenge. You may think these folks haven't "earned" their gear, but you can't be that good a PVPer if you'd rather bad players be badly geared as well. Even well geared bad players will be easy prey to a good player.

2) Anything that promotes participation in PVP is good for you, as it means faster queue times and a lower likelihood that PVP as a whole will die off. You've seen what Ilum looks like - when not enough people are interested in something, it can go south in a hurry.

3) If completion is what contributes to the daily/weekly quests then people have every reason not to abandon matches. You'd be far, far less likely to see matches aborted due to opponents quitting when you're clearly outclassing them.

4) Bad players will never have better gear than you do, regardless, unless they've been playing a lot longer than you have, so this doesn't make your life any harder.

Obviously the number of commendations that people get from a given match should still be tied to their performance - there still needs to be some advantage to at least doing everything you can to win a match, but the base process of gearing up for PVP should probably be based more around putting in the time than on getting victories over what will be progressively better geared opponents as time goes on.

Thanks for reading... bigger thanks (bioware) if you actually do it!

Normally, I'm not fan of rewarding failure, but given that there are no rated Warzones or competative matchmaking, Pugs are just getting facerolled by premades, so it may not be such a bad idea.

I don't think it would change the dynamics of Warzones in any way, frankly, other than to promote more participation in them. Premades will still destroy most pugs, even if the pugs happen to be decked out in champion gear and the premade is not (though we both know that'll never be the case). It would be true if there were rated Warzones, too - better players will win in the long run, and in a system where its easier to gear up it is easier for the good players to gear up, which evens the gear aspect, leaving only skill.

The pragmatic benefits tend to outweigh the principle, I'd say.

It would further promote botting and afk'ing.

Now don't get me wrong, I am all for botting and I loved how bots made it possible to get instant battleground queues in the middle of the night in WoW.

But the current swtor bots are just too weak, its usually not even a bot just a stupid autoit script with no pvp skill at all.

It would further promote botting and afk'ing.

Now don't get me wrong, I am all for botting and I loved how bots made it possible to get instant battleground queues in the middle of the night in WoW.

But the current swtor bots are just too weak, its usually not even a bot just a stupid autoit script with no pvp skill at all.

Actually it either does not affect the motivation for it, or it decreases it. I will refer to both bots and going afk as stagnating, which is to say, being there but not actually participating. Under the proposed system the following happens.

1) If someone is stagnating to complete their daily or weekly quests then there's no reason to do it more than 3/7 times. Currently they would do it many, many more times, especially since they reduce their team's chances of winning by being there.

2) If someone is stagnating in order to soak commendations, credits, xp, then absolutely nothing will have changed.

The issue of PVP stagnation is actually entirely separate, and there are plenty of things that can be done, but in this case it is either unrelated to this suggestion, or ameliorated by this suggestion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.