Why does EVASION not work in PvP?

Endowed

Yeah, I noticed that too. Doesn't really help in dangerous PvP situations, because:

1. It kind of doesn't trigger right after I click on it (I have the same problem with CS, anyone else having this? I constantly die because of this).

2. It doesn't really help at all, because, either of the delay, or because it's just weaker as I presumed.

So, yeah, don't know what's up with that.

Edited by BoneEater

It works against melee and range (basically white damage).

It does not work against tech, internal, force, elemental attacks.

This + kinetic attacks such as Backstab and Tracer Missile also ignore dodge.

Its great versus marksman snipers and non-rage specced marauders though.

This + kinetic attacks such as Backstab and Tracer Missile also ignore dodge.

Its great versus marksman snipers and non-rage specced marauders though.

You messing things around.

There are 4 attack types: melee, ranged, tech, force.

There are 4 damage types: energy, kinetic, internal, elemental.

The first classification has to do something with defense (hit/miss/shield block)

The second classification has to do something with damage reduction (including mitigation from armor, talents, buffs, abilities etc.)

You messing things around.

There are 4 attack types: melee, ranged, tech, force.

There are 4 damage types: energy, kinetic, internal, elemental.

The first classification has to do something with defense (hit/miss/shield block)

The second classification has to do something with damage reduction (including mitigation from armor, talents, buffs, abilities etc.)

hmm never thought of it that way, you are right. weapon damage attack don't specify damage type in their tooltips (its obviously kinetic tho), so any attack with "kinetic" in its tooltip is not affected by dodge since its a tech attack. Hence my mistake.

hmm never thought of it that way, you are right. weapon damage attack don't specify damage type in their tooltips (its obviously kinetic tho), so any attack with "kinetic" in its tooltip is not affected by dodge since its a tech attack. Hence my mistake.

Weapon damage (which is obvoius) is damage of your weapon. My sniper rifle does energy damage as depicted in it's tooltip.

So accordingly... it does NOT work, and its intended to not work.

Sounds about par for the course.

So accordingly... it does NOT work, and its intended to not work.

Sounds about par for the course.

Heh. Exactly

I don't know what's it meant to do. For now, it just adds to the pile of broken talents.

I tend to pop it when carrying the ball in Huttball as a lucky charm, but that's pretty much it

Edited by Skurkanas

Eviscerate also does not work in PvP

And it's not SUPPOSED to work in PvP. Its tooltip explicitly says that it only works on weak/normal/strong enemies. Players are mechanically equivalent to the Elite (gold star) enemies, if I remember correctly.

-----

As to the original topic, Evasion needs a lot of work because often, that 3s comes and goes with no real effect even if the attackers WERE using non-tech attacks. Now, I'd like if they made it more multidimensional; let's take Countermeasures, Evasion, and Escape and roll them into two abilities instead of three. So Escape is a CC breaker, speed boost, and an aggro reducer once you hit 30 (the old level for Countermeasures), while Evasion is a defense boost, aggro reducer, and debuff remover once you hit level 24 (Avoidance Training). (The "Counterstrike" talent in the Lethality tree would modify Evasion now.)

Or, at least make the existing talents more useful. Take that Counterstrike talent; for two skill points it makes Countermeasures remove snares and roots, but what if it did that AND added a point of Tactical Advantage? Suddenly the Lethality folks would finally have a way to generate TAs without entering melee range. Or maybe Vanish now causes Evasion to work against Tech and Force attacks as well, which'd nicely eliminate the chief complaint about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.